PDA

View Full Version : idncities.com

bwhhisc
13th September 2006, 05:16 PM
We have put up the first of a group of 8 websites to assist in trying to get our idns indexed. This one is dedicated to International City IDNs only, and is more of a resource list. The site is the first we have developed (we are learning by trial and error here!). Any comments or ideas appreciated. www.idncities.com

RECIPROCAL LINKS- contact us if you would like to put links to any of your websites and we will do same.

The site also links to idnbrokers.com (which is our sales site) but we are a bit behind in getting names uploaded there for viewing and sale. Hopefully in the next 10 days many names will be added. You are all welcome to list your idns there. The site was build by radscripts.com out of Canada, and if you notice any bugs please pm me...but we think we have it all working pretty well.

TRANSLATIONS....Appreciate if anyone spots any translation errors on the cities, or if any Japanese are in with China etc. I am sure there are a few. Feel free to pm us with any other ideas for SEO or indexing. I will report on how things work for us, and any comments or spelling corrections noticed. Thanks to all, especially Mulligan and RD who inspired us on this project. Bill

NOTE ON RUSSIAN CITIES...you will see that we got the "of" translations for a good few Russian cities. For now we are holding on to see what happens or if they have any practical uses or get any traffic. A good reminder to HIRE A NATIVE SPEAKER to check you lists and words!

thefabfive
13th September 2006, 05:22 PM
Nice site Bill.

I thought you needed links to the IDNs to get them indexed.

bwhhisc
13th September 2006, 05:25 PM
Nice site Bill. I thought you needed links to the IDNs to get them indexed.

I believe you are correct. We are doing some of the sites where you can click on each link, and some are informational lists like the sample.

Olney
13th September 2006, 05:30 PM
I'll send you a PM Bill

gammascalper
13th September 2006, 10:34 PM
Bill, that's a HUGE list of cities. :)

Jordan
13th September 2006, 10:54 PM
There are very nice Japan and China cities domain names.

bwhhisc
14th September 2006, 02:09 AM
Bill, that's a HUGE list of cities. :)

Thanks Gamma, back in December, I decided to focus on Cities rather than generics as they had been hit pretty hard already. Most of the major cities and prefectures in .com were gone, I got lucky on some, and many we purchased early on. BTW- there is another forum member here who has cities, provinces and prefectures just about all in .com who makes me pale by comparison.

A bunch of the Japanese cities are Seamos, we are starting to put together ideas for some template sites that can be customized a bit for each Japanese city using Wikipedia information that is then tweaked a bit for each site. The plan in formulation is to create some simple one page sites with customized Wikipedia type information on each city, and then add Advertising blocks for "'rent" and also some Yahoo or Google ads. Sites will have links and directories that can take visitor from one to another.

We'll be calling on some of you JP city owners to see if you might be interested when things get going.