PDA

View Full Version : Google testing customized ads for advertisers

rhys
15th September 2006, 06:15 PM
Google is testing an adjunct service to Adsense which allows advertisers to customize ads to specific publisher's web pages. (http://informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=174400377)

ScottFish
15th September 2006, 06:33 PM
This is pretty interesting. I could see this sort of thing taking off if done correctly.

Olney
15th September 2006, 06:37 PM
What would be cooler is domainers could set adsense on domains themselves & attract advertisers.

Drewbert
15th September 2006, 07:33 PM
Yes, this could be HUGE.

rofsjan
18th September 2006, 09:57 PM
Good news. Sounds interesting.

thegenius1
19th September 2006, 12:19 AM
Sounds awesome

blastfromthepast
19th September 2006, 07:41 AM
I think this is a pretty bad idea.

AdSense is great for the small time operator. The reason for this is that is allows you to put up ads from the big boys on your small time site.

With this kind of customized control, big advertisers could shun small time operators, and simply put up a few ads that are targeted only to show up on the big sites.

This could cut into your AdSense revenue, or leave you with ads from irrelevant second-tier advertisers that generate less PPC.

blastfromthepast
19th September 2006, 07:41 AM
I think this is a pretty bad idea.

AdSense is great for the small time operator. The reason for this is that is allows you to put up ads from the big boys on your small time site.

With this kind of customized control, big advertisers could shun small time operators, and simply put up a few ads that are targeted only on the big sites.

This could cut into your AdSense revenue, or leave you with ads from irrelevant second-tier advertisers that generate less PPC.