PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for What to use NameDrive comment Box for

Olney
15th September 2006, 10:01 PM
I recently posted that Namedrive revenue might have gone down for some using 2 word keyword combos to optimize some of their high traffic domains.

One of my domains I just changed to test & went from .10 a click back to close to $1 a click. This is what it used to make last month.

Now NameDrive also recently made a comment box available.

It shows up if you click the domain name & then click settings.

This was recommended initially by Alph to NameDrive for those who want to keep translations handy.

Some may use it for other things.

I like to try to optimize my keyword
So just now I started to put

September 16th Saturday keyword to newkeyword

This way you can easily keep track of recent changes on each domain.

If you have the thousands syndrome (thousands of domains)
Always start with the domains already getting the most traffic or conversions thazt you feel could be doing better.

If the new keywords don't work. You never have to scramble around with files to find what the previous keywords were. You already saved it in the info box.

& any domain with a comment will have a little info icon so you can tell which ones were changed easily.

As always I hope these tips can just make you guys a little extra money...

If anyone else has any good ways to use "the box" (The comment box), feel free to add to this...

Drewbert
16th September 2006, 07:33 AM
That's a great idea. A keyword change log. :)

One thing - if multi word phrses are suddenly not producing the adverts they used to, could it be a bug that's crept into ND's system somewhere?

Anyone? Anyone?

rhys
16th September 2006, 04:15 PM
I notice in the last few days that when you preview the ads for the proper region and based on the keyword - sometimes entirely unrelated ads appear where there should be plenty of relevant ads in the target language. Something buggy is definitely going on...

Olney
18th September 2006, 11:41 PM
I'm not sure if it's a bug since we don't exactly know what had to be changed to allow more ads worldwide.
All I know is that since my original post my original average click price has gone back to .50 to $1.00 for the domains that were making money before.

So if you had good dollar amounts & it went down the first week of September if it's not back up now use the box & try some other better paying keywords.

touchring
19th September 2006, 04:03 AM
don't get the multi-keyword issue, can you pls give an example. :)

bwhhisc
19th September 2006, 11:09 AM
I might add that by playing around with the keyword, you can often change your parking page from the "stock" parking page to one displaying a big list of paid advertisers. :) Not only makes the page more interesting, but should increase PPC.

Sometime you have to check for related words, for instance on a "shopping" IDN, the word shopping got me nothing, but by trying アウトレット (outlet) as the keyword got me a page full of paying advertisers. The box can also be used to record translation, OVT, highest PPC to date, and adding Olneys idea of keyword tries.

rhys
19th September 2006, 02:16 PM
This last few days I haven't seen it happen, but this month it has been happening that completely irrelevant ads from the keyword pop up in the preview function of namedrive.

My average this month is 9 cents ppc. I'm pretty sure that it's because the character of my traffic this month is predominantly adult. Google's recent change has taken a bite out of my traffic for the moment.

bwhhisc
19th September 2006, 03:21 PM
Google's recent change has taken a bite out of my traffic for the moment.

Traffic is definately off, but we weren't seeing much in the way of significant Japanese revenues at this time anyway. Now is the time to tweak up your Namedrive listings so when the traffic does come, you aren't scrambling to get on board. :o

Olney
19th September 2006, 03:22 PM
don't get the multi-keyword issue, can you pls give an example. :)

This post gives a good example
http://www.idnforums.com/forums/6683-namedrive-revenue-down-a-bit-but.html

But I'll try to explain.
Before I had many terms with adding a space. Some languages like Chinese, Japanese, don't need a space.
Touch loans is a good generic keyword
Loans - this is a single keyword
Personal Loans - Multi keyword

The options of how to use this keyword varies.

Depending on the language it could be
Personal Loans
PersonalLoans
Personal,Loans
Personal, Loans

Before September I'm sure I was running most keywords together like
PersonalLoans

But the system changed a bit.

The main point is not even just the revenue the domain brings.
1. CTR is high
2. Number of relevant ads
3. Click amount

I've seen pages where it could be a word like: Star.com
& the keyword is banking

Expect a low conversion.
I know that a lot of times I hear people say parking revenue dropped.
I think a lot of time more research needs to be done on why.
After reoptimizing it's made about a third of the revenue of the month in a few days.