PDA

View Full Version : What languages work well with Sedo?

Olney
19th September 2006, 04:09 PM
Just because many of us use a different parking service I think that we might miss out on the progression that Sedo makes.

Those of you using Sedo what languages do you see that work well with Sedo.

Since it's a german company I would of course assume German works well with parking & sales.

I haven't gone through Sedo's new parking system but anyone have any input on it?

What languages did well?
Jose mentioned you are able to list some IDNs for sale. Are there many? Which ones?

Also who is adding the keywords? Is it you or Sedo? Which is better?

Wot
22nd September 2006, 11:43 AM
Added a few names a week ago but so far no traffic on either Thai or Japanese names.

Rubber Duck
29th October 2006, 06:45 PM
Come on be serious for a moment.

Sedo defines IDN thus:

IDN Domains are "Internationalized Domains Names", they make the use of special non-English characters possible (i.e. Umlauts like "ä", "ö" und "ü", other European Characters like "á", "é", "í"). These domains are subject to many temporary technical restrictions, for example users need an IDN compatible browser to visit them.

http://www.sedo.co.uk/search/idninfo.php4?tracked=&partnerid=&language=e&session=99993%2380100a12b04e3844b2c6d25da33754b6

Yes, basically IDN are still German words with Umlauts!

After all the interchange that we have had with these numb-skulls, that it is still the best they can do to promote the biggest revolution on the Internet in a decade.

They must have wrists the girth of a Hippo's thigh!

yanni
30th October 2006, 09:51 AM
My small findings:

French and German work well.

Russian, Czech, Hungarian, Greek: irrelevant ads mostly, typical $ per click is 3 cents.
Most all european languages other than French and German, $ per click seems to be a blanket 3 cents.

Haven't tried Spanish or Portuguese with them.

Namedrive seems to be better overall.

*This is an unscientific experiment result.

blastfromthepast
30th October 2006, 01:28 PM
How well does French work? Is there a payout difference between Sedo and Sedo Pro?

Rubber Duck
30th October 2006, 01:31 PM
How well does French work? Is there a payout difference between Sedo and Sedo Pro?

You should as Dabsi. It would seem that the whole system was set up for his benefit!

touchring
30th October 2006, 02:09 PM
You should as Dabsi. It would seem that the whole system was set up for his benefit!

After Sedo, there will be Namedrive, and after namedrive, abc, xyz and so forth. They are only but proxies for Google. Doing the dirty work while Google makes the money. So no big deal after all.

Rubber Duck
30th October 2006, 02:14 PM
After Sedo, there will be Namedrive, and after namedrive, abc, xyz and so forth. They are only but proxies for Google. Doing the dirty work while Google makes the money. So no big deal after all.

Sedo is a complete farce. Looking at its Auctions, it doesn't post what has been sold in Recent Sales because it has no idea how many of its bidders are total ghosts.

There is no Auction result, so at the climax domains disappear from the listing so in most cases you don't know whether they have met reserve or not, and even if you do you have no idea how much they fetched.

Honestly, their efforts are more laughable than a teenage boy fumbling with a bra strap for the first time!

alpha
30th October 2006, 02:20 PM
A little while ago, most people I believe were parking Russian at Sedo as they were supposed to be paying more than ND. Is there any truth in this?

Rubber Duck
30th October 2006, 02:23 PM
A little while ago, most people I believe were parking Russian at Sedo as they were supposed to be paying more than ND. Is there any truth in this?

I think I did that for a bit. My are back at ND. Don't think Sedo pays better than ND. I was assured on the phone the other day that they don't want "junk" traffic from Asia on Sedopro, so I guess not much has changed there!