PDA

View Full Version : I registered 相談占い.jp instead of 占い 相談.jp (any value nonethless)?

IDNCowboy
31st January 2006, 05:42 AM
I must have been sleeping when i regged this not paying attention to all the flags that it should be the opposite way however there are only 3000 results in google this way vs 30,000 the other way

Could this still be used as a branding name? like Consulting Fortune Telling etc maybe setup an adwords campaign?

or is it foul play vs fortune telling consulting

touchring
31st January 2006, 05:52 AM
Wow, the stakes have gone higher, $60 a bet and the risk of typo. To think that Dave and i had been selling japanese cities for just 2 times .jp reg fee only a few days ago.

相談占い.jp -> Consultation fortune-telling
占い相談.jp -> Consultation of fortune-telling

Yahoo Search ""相談占い"" returns 49,300件
Yahoo Search ""占い相談"" returns 92,100件

No US OVT for both.

IDNCowboy
31st January 2006, 05:57 AM
Wow, the stakes have gone higher, $60 a bet and the risk of typo. To think that Dave and i had been selling japanese cities for just 2 times .jp reg fee only a few days ago.

相談占い.jp -> Consultation fortune-telling
占い相談.jp -> Consultation of fortune-telling

Yahoo Search ""相談占い"" returns 49,300件
Yahoo Search ""占い相談"" returns 92,100件
so the name is worthless? It was a mistake on my part lol

actually they are $30 a name! or $20 a name in bulk http://spec.jp-domains.net !

touchring
31st January 2006, 06:01 AM
so the name is worthless? It was a mistake on my part lol

actually they are $30 a name! or $20 a name in bulk http://spec.jp-domains.net !

I dunno, you can register the other as well, in case it's a mistake. $30 per name? Same as my spanish and japan.tv, :-)

But what about the 2nd year? We have to be prepared to hold for at least 3 years.

IDNCowboy
31st January 2006, 06:07 AM
I dunno, you can register the other as well, in case it's a mistake. $30 per name? Same as my spanish and japan.tv, :-)

But what about the 2nd year? We have to be prepared to hold for at least 3 years.
Don't worry money talks when the time comes and you take your names elsewhere I'm sure they'll get worried.

IDNCowboy
31st January 2006, 06:10 AM
Don't worry money talks when the time comes and you take your names elsewhere I'm sure they'll get worried.
i should have known :P the domain i guess is worthless heh

touchring
31st January 2006, 06:18 AM
Let's wait for a Japanese speaker to comment. :-)

IDNCowboy
31st January 2006, 06:24 AM
Let's wait for a Japanese speaker to comment. :-)
I'm so confused right now - aren't you from Japan?

rhys
31st January 2006, 07:34 AM
Jeff,

相談占い.jp is not worthless but it is not as natural a combination as 占い相談.jp. My guess is if and when type-in traffic materializes for .jp sites, you will still get some traffic. Keep the faith - and I suppose as the beneficiary of your oversight, uh, thanks.:)

touchring
31st January 2006, 07:57 AM
I'm so confused right now - aren't you from Japan?

No, but i can read the chinese characters in japanese phrases and guess the meaning. Nice catch. ;-)

gammascalper
31st January 2006, 01:53 PM
I own 占い相談 in .com and I'm not even sure it's that good.

It has >1mm overture but only 30k Google results and 90k yahoo.jp results? That's a red flag for me.

I think the others in the vein may do better.