PDA

View Full Version : Big City click, $1.83 Fujisawa City

bwhhisc
23rd September 2006, 11:22 AM
藤沢市.com Fujisawa City, $1.83 click
Setting at Namedrive "Vanilla", with "Technology header".
Namedrive site shows 8 sponsored ads/ links anyway

FYI- 藤沢市 has 21 bids from y90, ovt 23,860.

Best before this was probably .40 on any city name.
So hoping this is the trend for the future :)

seamo
23rd September 2006, 11:41 AM
小平市.com Kodaira City, $2.00 click.

Setting at Namedrive "Business", with "Default header".

OVT 12525, Bids 12

Likewise, previous clicks were very low. Maybe this is the start of something :)

Any other Jp city owners please add to this post if you have noticed similar trends...

bwhhisc
23rd September 2006, 01:22 PM
Did you have any keyword setting?
I am going to try the city name (no shi) on some, also trying 'vacation' on some, 'travelling' on some, 'city' on some. Any other ideas? Definately a difference in $$ on the ones with paid ads. The others without get like .02 or .05. Sometime changing the keyword will take from a stock parking page to a display of paying advertisers.

Lets see...ovt of 12,000, even 1% clickthru 120 x $2 = $240 x 12 months = $ 2880 annually.
A couple of dozen IDNs like that and you will be :)

seamo
23rd September 2006, 01:39 PM
Did you have any keyword setting?

Keyword setting is the name of the city - 小平市

It brings up 10 paid ads on the page.

Definately a difference in $$ on the ones with paid ads. The others without get like .02 or .05. Sometime changing the keyword will take from a stock parking page to a display of paying advertisers.

I'm pretty sure all of my pages bring up paying Japanese ads (at least last time I checked!) The amount of ads does vary though - sometimes 2-3 and sometimes 10-12. As a rule of thumb I have always set my keyword to the domain name. I just figured it might bring up the most relevant ads for the site. Not sure if this is the optimum though...

Lets see...ovt of 12,000, even 1% clickthru 120 x $2 = $240 x 12 months = $ 2880 annually. A couple of dozen IDNs like that and you will be :)Just one like that...and I'd be a very happy camper :)

bwhhisc
23rd September 2006, 03:44 PM
Just one like that...and I'd be a very happy camper :)

Ah, but 1 will barely pay the rent on your campsite each month!