View Full Version : "Click Fraud Is Growing on the Web" A Useful NYT Article

vgemito
23rd September 2006, 02:42 PM
An article here relevant to all domain parkers:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/23/technology/23click.html

Regards

touchring
23rd September 2006, 02:48 PM
Likely scenario is they start to become selective of advertising partners, e.g. only partners from certain countries, or stop admitting new partners. So quickly get yourself an adsense account while it is still possible. ;)

Worst case scenario, they will only deal with large accounts, e.g. iREITs, websites generating >$10k PPC, etc.

Guaranteed scenario, status quo will not remain.

IDNCowboy
23rd September 2006, 05:44 PM
Likely scenario is they start to become selective of advertising partners, e.g. only partners from certain countries, or stop admitting new partners. So quickly get yourself an adsense account while it is still possible. ;)

Worst case scenario, they will only deal with large accounts, e.g. iREITs, websites generating >$10k PPC, etc.

Guaranteed scenario, status quo will not remain.
This PPC fraud has been under the spotlight in the news mostly for the past year or so. Google is a very strong company and I think they can do a better job managing it. They can easily track IP's and find out known proxies etc. They aren't going to just go with large partners etc. I can gaurantee you that.

touchring
23rd September 2006, 07:34 PM
This PPC fraud has been under the spotlight in the news mostly for the past year or so. Google is a very strong company and I think they can do a better job managing it. They can easily track IP's and find out known proxies etc. They aren't going to just go with large partners etc. I can gaurantee you that.

Well, there is no need for proxy, just simply recruit a few thousand clickers from low cost places, ask them to click a few random ads a day using their modem dialup.