25th September 2006, 07:39 PM
An absolute bargain if you ask me!

At least it's one for the DNJ...

symatao
25th September 2006, 07:40 PM
great~~~~~~~~verygood

shearyadi
25th September 2006, 08:10 PM
Awesome! Wish I have that amount of money :)

IDNer
26th September 2006, 03:09 AM
Glad to know this info.

kbj110
26th September 2006, 04:04 AM
This is good news.Maybe this is the most expensive IDN that has been sold.

blastfromthepast
26th September 2006, 06:40 AM
Looks like someone got a real bargain.

seesawgame
26th September 2006, 07:40 AM
what a great deal !!

seaskymore
26th September 2006, 01:59 PM
Very good!

Ben
26th September 2006, 02:26 PM
Maybe this is the most expensive IDN that has been sold.

Städtereisen.de sold for $60168.

idnowner
26th September 2006, 03:04 PM
Städtereisen.de sold for $60168.

Maybe the most expensive (publicized) CJK (Chinese/Japanese/Korean) IDN.

thegenius1
26th September 2006, 03:16 PM
Great going guys , Great Team Work to secure the Name Awesome !

Ben
27th September 2006, 12:07 PM
Maybe the most expensive (publicized) CJK (Chinese/Japanese/Korean) IDN.

装修.com sold for $12000.

IDN.TV
27th September 2006, 12:44 PM
Congrats !! great sale........

hwm100
7th January 2007, 06:01 AM
great domains of chinese!

petrosc
8th January 2007, 07:45 AM
great news thanks for the update

maobidong
2nd February 2007, 03:27 PM
it is not worth $1000

blastfromthepast
2nd February 2007, 03:40 PM
it is not worth $1000

Why?

bramiozo
2nd February 2007, 03:42 PM
Market said so 6 months ago, why do you disagree ?

maobidong
3rd February 2007, 12:54 AM
it is too generic. what would you do with it?

blastfromthepast
3rd February 2007, 01:14 AM

Anything a company needs, starting new companies, consulting, you name it.

bwhhisc
3rd February 2007, 01:22 AM

Too generic? Can you explain what you mean.

Maobidong- what is closest translation for 公司 in English?

maobidong
3rd February 2007, 01:49 AM
It means public company.

Public company is not interesting in china - very very few not like America. People don't work for public company. People work for state.

you think like american. big mistake.

Wot
3rd February 2007, 01:59 AM
It means public company.

Public company is not interesting in china - very very few not like America. People don't work for public company. People work for state.

Fair comment - think like a native for success?

But 600 million at Google!

http://www.google.cn/search?complete=1&hl=zh-CN&q=%22%E5%85%AC%E5%8F%B8%22&btnG=Google+%E6%90%9C%E7%B4%A2&meta=

bwhhisc
3rd February 2007, 02:04 AM
It means public company.
Public company is not interesting in china - very very few not like America. People don't work for public company. People work for state. you think like american. big mistake.

I don't see word "public" in translation for "gongsi": http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php?page=worddictbasic&wdqb=%E5%85%AC%E5%8F%B8&wdrst=0&go=Search
MDGB Translates as: "business, company, corporation, firm, incorporated".

If this is not correct, can you offer another dictionary, or source please?

Also, seems Verisign like the term 公司 ...proposal has been made to maybe someday make .com = .公司

http://www.answers.com/topic/idn-idn

Would 公司.公司 be a good website name?

BTW- A few top Chinese IDNers were in auction for this name, one bid up to $10,000; that still does not make
it a "good" name but hopefully a few other native Chinese speakers can provide their insight here.

Prodigy
3rd February 2007, 02:42 AM
It means public company.

Although the first character, "Gong" means "public",

as a combination, "Gong si" is the universal term for "Company", whether prviate or public or state owned

http://www.baidu.com/s?lm=0&si=&rn=10&ie=gb2312&ct=1048576&wd=company&tn=baidu

A search on http://www.zhongwen.com/ shows the gongsi is also the number one preferred translation for company.

If you want to talk about prviate and public companies, the correct term is:

私营企业 and 国有企业

Gongsi is absolutely fine and will be worth a big bundle of money when the time comes.

Google Trends for: 公司, 国有企业, 私营企业

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%E5%85%AC%E5%8F%B8%2C+%E5%9B%BD%E6%9C%89%E4%BC%81%E4%B8%9A%2C+%E7%A7%81%E8%90%A5%E4%BC%81%E4%B8%9A

10K was a steal for that domain.

Mao: you think like a Chinese which is a big mistake. You need to bridge the gaps if you're going to make any money in this game. Oh and btw, just to sink that knife in a little more:

Google trends for "公司, 商业, 企业"

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%E5%85%AC%E5%8F%B8%2C+%E5%95%86%E4%B8%9A%2C+%E4%BC%81%E4%B8%9A&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all

People obviously search for "公司" more than any other related term.

Just my 2 cents. Take your half-ass analytics somewhere else.

Fka200
3rd February 2007, 02:45 AM

At the top of my head, Company Listings.

Chinese market is HUGE. Having a company directory for all the industries and easy access to them is a start. This would make a perfect website for that.

Giant
3rd February 2007, 03:57 AM
it is not worth $1000

A member here "idn" would definitely agree with you :).

Just my 2 cents.

Your "2 cents" worth a great deal.

touchring
3rd February 2007, 05:36 AM
it is not worth $1000

It's worth different amounts to different people. I'll gladly pay $500 to $800 for this name.

Of cos, what i am willing to pay doesn't mean what is it worth on the market - the highest bidder gets the name, and i won't be surprised that the cola.com guy would bid $30k for this name. If gongsi.com sold for $10k, cola.com would be worth at most $20, such is the quality gap between them, IMO. Wat do you say Zenmarketing? :)

Lots of wealthy people around with money to throw. Just make sure you are throwing spare cash - not credit, and not money for daily expenses. As Edwin says, it's either worth a million or zero - we're all expecting big payout, so expectations are running high.

maobidong
3rd February 2007, 06:22 AM
Chinese never pay $10,750 for gonshi.com. Chinese know there is no money. No one make money on IDN. Chinese very realistic. Cola.com not worth $5. Cola too expensive. Sorry for bad english.

markits
3rd February 2007, 06:39 AM
WOW maobidong, cola.com not worth $5!!

You have made me believe that 裸.com is worth a million bucks since you have offered $500 to the name.

I think that the prices of kele.com and gongsi.com both reflect their current market value. Remember, they are results of www auction!

BTW, your English is good, perhaps better than mine.

To other fellow members: although maobidong is a Chinese name, but I suspect that he is one of these at DNF that were in battle with rubber duck. It seems to me that he is a native English speaker. He has very good grasp of professional domain terms (he PMed me an offer to one of my domains).

Giant
3rd February 2007, 07:01 AM
Cola.com not worth $5.

Everybody would agree with you if your name is maozedong (Chairman Mao), problem is maobidong is just a nobody.

jinshi
3rd February 2007, 09:36 AM
removed.

jinshi
3rd February 2007, 09:37 AM
removed

jinshi
3rd February 2007, 09:38 AM
kkk

jinshi
3rd February 2007, 09:39 AM
removed

bramiozo
3rd February 2007, 09:45 AM
Although I have read on domain.club.tw that generics are not preferred by taiwanese resellers it's not a testimony for your intelligence if you claim that the chinese equivalent of "business.com which sold for several million's of dollars is worth less than 0.1% of this amount purely on the basis of disputable semantics.
Since it's already clear that this name is heavily searched and used by the Chinese AS business and not as public company your either full of shit or you're lying.

It would be wise if an administrator would track his IP to see where this person is located, I have a natural disgust for flippers but this person is really of the scale.

If you accuse zenmarketing of shillbidding only show the evidence that the person who is actually bidding ABOVE the initial bid is in fact zenmarketing.
So far you have failed to do that, the only thing you have shown is that w2 is in all these auctions, that's really not unlikely since there are only a handful of people
who consistently bid on snapnames.

Proof that one of these bidders is zenmarketing and in any case remove the whois data and the bidding histories ASAP!

bwhhisc
3rd February 2007, 10:14 AM
I don't see word "public" in translation for "gongsi": http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php?page=worddictbasic&wdqb=%E5%85%AC%E5%8F%B8&wdrst=0&go=Search
MDGB Translates as: "business, company, corporation, firm, incorporated".
If this is not correct, can you offer another dictionary, or source please?
Also, seems Verisign like the term 公司 ...proposal has been made to maybe someday make .com = .公司
http://www.answers.com/topic/idn-idn
Would 公司.公司 be a good website name?

I was waiting for mao to provide answers to above questions?

bramiozo
3rd February 2007, 10:18 AM
I have just went through my snapnames history and I have established that zenmarketing is NOT w2,tomc,wangjintw, ellas or davidleeson, that leaves getthem and seesawgame, the latter of which is actually the user seesawgame on this forum so that leaves getthem. If anyone can confirm getthem is not zenmarketing then I'd say jinshi has some explaning to do.

markits
3rd February 2007, 10:36 AM
I was waiting for mao to provide answers to above questions?
Bill
you will not get a serious answer from "mao" here as he is not a Chinese. Every Chinese know gongsi means company, not "public company". Also, in China we say "work for Country", rather than "work for State".

bwhhisc
3rd February 2007, 11:47 AM
Bill
you will not get a serious answer from "mao" here as he is not a Chinese. Every Chinese know gongsi means company, not "public company". Also, in China we say "work for Country", rather than "work for State".

I did not expect "mao" to have any answer.
ChinaStar, Giant and others have already provided that with statistics and facts.

touchring
3rd February 2007, 12:41 PM
Chinese never pay $10,750 for gonshi.com. Chinese know there is no money. No one make money on IDN. Chinese very realistic. Cola.com not worth $5. Cola too expensive. Sorry for bad english.

The pinyin for 公司 is gongsi, not gonshi.

zenmarketing
21st February 2007, 05:10 PM
Wow, I missed this thread.

I can confirm that I am not getthem on Snap.

I am zm01.

For what it's worth at this point, maobidong is obviously a troll, he is not Chinese, and his "bad" English is 100% fake. I spent enough time in China to know what real bad English from Chinese speakers is like. Maobidong's is clearly contrived and based on stereotypes of what he thinks bad English would be like.

In other auction news...

Energy.com auction going down in about 2 hours! I'll post the results here.

sarcle
21st February 2007, 07:24 PM
Energy.com auction going down in about 2 hours! I'll post the results here.

And the verdict is?

Fka200
21st February 2007, 07:26 PM
And the verdict is?

Id bet my life its still going on, i hate how snaps ups the time at the last 4 minutes, its so stupid

zenmarketing
21st February 2007, 08:21 PM
Check out this thread for the results...

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/9346-%E8%83%BD%E6%BA%90-com-%28energy-com%29-sold-for-%243999-on-snap.html

maverick123
12th March 2007, 03:38 PM
WOW :)

i wish all my domains get prices more than this domain name :)

Enjoy the money-Seller .........