PDA

View Full Version : Any surge in traffic after IE7 launch yet?

TrafficDomainer
20th October 2006, 06:52 PM
Hi all,

I persnonally haven't seen any surge in traffic as of yet, my portfolio is mainly Thai with a few others in various languages. I expect some increase to happen after IE7 auto update but think it will most likely take a while as many XP users in Asia use pirated MS OS copies. I believe the launch of Vista bundled with IE7 will help our cause further and most likely only after cracked versions are available as many in Asia most likely will not pay for genuine copies.

Has anyone seen any surge in their traffic levels after IE7 launch? If yes, by what percentage?

alpha
20th October 2006, 06:59 PM
Hi all,

I persnonally haven't seen any surge in traffic as of yet, my portfolio is mainly Thai with a few others in various languages. I expect some increase to happen after IE7 auto update but think it will most likely take a while as many XP users in Asia use pirated MS OS copies. I believe the launch of Vista bundled with IE7 will help our cause further and most likely only after cracked versions are available as many in Asia most likely will not pay for genuine copies.

Has anyone seen any surge in their traffic levels after IE7 launch? If yes, by what percentage?

If you haven't seen any increase with the quality of your names, then I'm not expecting any either.

No i haven't *yet* either.

Olney
20th October 2006, 07:01 PM
I believe international versions of IE7 weren't released yet.
Having millions of downloads for the English version wouldn't increase traffic yet.

I believe it will be a steady increase. I am also planning a little unforseen buzz for the Japanese market...

You have to control your market.

bramiozo
20th October 2006, 09:26 PM
Nothing on my end, a significant (as in noticable) increase should occur after the auto-update in November if people were indeed already typing them (in vain) in their non-idn compliant browsers. Besides that natural increase we still need large corporations to use and promote IDN's for their non-english websites, it occurs ever so often that I stumble upon a large brandname in mining for IDN's.

drbiohealth
20th October 2006, 09:56 PM
Has anybody tried the current IE7 version on IDNs. I still get question mark signs for IDN domains. Anybody else!!

OldIDNer
20th October 2006, 10:05 PM
what language IDN?

the "question marks" may indicate that you don't have font/script support installed

you can add more language support in windows from control panel/languages

thehamptons
20th October 2006, 11:01 PM
I noticed im up to 3 hits a day on one of my best normally I get about 3 hits a week and hopefully this was due to ie7.

IDNCowboy
20th October 2006, 11:09 PM
Hi all,

You shouldn't expect the significant traffic til the international versions of IE 7 are released and the auto updates in those countries are done.

Has anybody tried the current IE7 version on IDNs. I still get question mark signs for IDN domains. Anybody else!!
I put IE 7 on my new PC I got yesterday and installed the language packs. I'm seeing boxes in the address bar ;-(. Only punycode works.

TrafficDomainer
21st October 2006, 08:59 PM
You shouldn't expect the significant traffic til the international versions of IE 7 are released and the auto updates in those countries are done.

I put IE 7 on my new PC I got yesterday and installed the language packs. I'm seeing boxes in the address bar ;-(. Only punycode works.

-Actually, I did see boxes as well but was prompted to add languages when I entered Arabic in the address bar, I added Thai simultaneously and can see actual unicodes and not boxes now. Hopefully for international version for each country IDN Unicode display will be in Unicode by default. Anyone knows if this is MS's plan?

Rubber Duck
21st October 2006, 09:04 PM
-Actually, I did see boxes as well but was prompted to add languages when I entered Arabic in the address bar, I added Thai simultaneously and can see actual unicodes and not boxes now. Hopefully for international version for each country IDN Unicode display will be in Unicode by default. Anyone knows if this is MS's plan?

I think it reasonable to assume that. Even Microsoft are not completely stupid.

Fka200
21st October 2006, 09:24 PM

i'm not 100% sure i understand what is wrong, but in order to see the native language in IE7, you have to go the language & settings and make sure that the language you want (arabic in this case) is on the list of languages (by default, english is the only one on the list, for North America as an example).

This is the way it is with windows vista, not sure if its exactly the same for XP/Other OS

TrafficDomainer
26th October 2006, 09:54 PM
What language is this Hampton? Have you checked if your domain has been indexed and might be on the top 10 or top 20 of google or yahoo searche engine?

I noticed im up to 3 hits a day on one of my best normally I get about 3 hits a week and hopefully this was due to ie7.

Drewbert
26th October 2006, 10:34 PM
Since only english IE7 is out so far, the only traffic increase you will see is from DNForum members doing some tyre-kicking.

Fka200
27th October 2006, 12:27 AM
% of people with MS IE 7.0 based on my stats have went from 3.3% max -- to a steady 2.8% for the last 3 days average.

these are for arabic idns

TrafficDomainer
27th October 2006, 02:21 AM
That seems like a decrease. I think you meant IE7.0 adoption rate has increased from 2.8% to 3.3% for the last 3 days?

% of people with MS IE 7.0 based on my stats have went from 3.3% max -- to a steady 2.8% for the last 3 days average.

these are for arabic idns

Wot
27th October 2006, 02:31 AM
I had a 10 x normal traffic on Tuesday at ND , but probably another bot as there were no clicks.

27th October 2006, 02:40 AM
I see alot lower traffic then past 2-3 months for oct but the ctr is close to double and its 80+ % Europe.

Click amounts also up.

Fka200
27th October 2006, 03:27 AM
That seems like a decrease. I think you meant IE7.0 adoption rate has increased from 2.8% to 3.3% for the last 3 days?

no... went from 3.3% to 2.8%

rhys
27th October 2006, 03:40 AM

A Japanese user will be using the Japanese version of the OS and so no language has to be added as long as the Japanese user is typing in Japanese IDNs. This is what I confirmed from the MS Program Manager in charge of the feature.

Rubber Duck
27th October 2006, 07:18 AM
A Japanese user will be using the Japanese version of the OS and so no language has to be added as long as the Japanese user is typing in Japanese IDNs. This is what I confirmed from the MS Program Manager in charge of the feature.

This is the kind of message you will never get across. English speakers generally won't get it. The Japanese won't even need to ask the question. Microsoft have delivered on the good, albeit a long time late.

markits
27th October 2006, 07:34 AM
Here is the stats for one of my type-in domains:
10/12/06
€0.08 Revenue
10/13/06
€0.13 Revenue
10/14/06
€0.15 Revenue
10/15/06
€0.04
10/16/06
€0.14 Revenue
10/17/06
€0.08 Revenue
10/18/06
€0.02 Revenue
10/19/06
€0.00 Revenue
10/20/06
€0.42 Revenue
10/21/06
€0.55 Revenue
10/22/06
€0.08 Revenue
10/23/06
€2.80 Revenue
10/24/06
€0.26 Revenue
10/25/06
€0.94 Revenue

markits
2nd November 2006, 01:19 AM
1st Nov, 42 views, 18 clicks.

Traffic surge is definitely happening with the right domains.

sarcle
2nd November 2006, 01:28 AM
Since only english IE7 is out so far, the only traffic increase you will see is from DNForum members doing some tyre-kicking.

Yes, you should read this post. Quite funny.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=187671

Seriously people, relax.

Allow the auto update to take place in a few weeks and then we'll see.

People are getting way to anxious. I know though. With thousands of dollars in registration fees it can get quite nail biting as some of us are at the year mark right now.

Oh, and the mention of major corporations using idns. We've already shown they are in Japan and many other places. So relax. Have some dip and get ready for the next revolution of the internet.

burnsinternet
2nd November 2006, 01:48 AM
I believe international versions of IE7 weren't released yet.
Having millions of downloads for the English version wouldn't increase traffic yet.

I believe it will be a steady increase. I am also planning a little unforseen buzz for the Japanese market...

You have to control your market.

Please buzz that market!

sarcle
2nd November 2006, 02:16 AM
Please buzz that market!

That market is already buzzed.

Japanese overture
48.896 一休 com

Traffic Rank for ikyu.com: 3,607

17.975 比較 com

Traffic Rank for hikaku.com: 12,312

If you think these companies are going to let the IE7 auto update go by unoticed, think again.

burnsinternet
2nd November 2006, 05:05 AM
My goodness! I see that many of my domains are being searched with extension!

Not huge JP Ovt numbers for mine, but encouraging news! Wow!

markits
9th November 2006, 01:34 PM
Traffic surge proof from one more domain stats -- daily traffic for one of my French idn in this month:
134, 118, 123, 146, 150, 187, 194, 208