PDA

View Full Version : Sale Threads

23rd October 2006, 02:47 AM
I saw this many times from few "selected" individuals and imo this must be stopped regardless if in this and/or on other forums.

I am not suggesting it is done intentionally and it does not matter if it does or does not.

But when a buyer buys a domain,aspecially an idn and thinks he buys something.com when this something is actually nothing is bad business.

And in several cases when correcting the seller and getting a "Yes,We know" type of replies shows alot
(Referring to this thread:http://www.idnforums.com/forums/7150-considering-offers-on-%E3%83%97%E3%83%AD%E3%82%AD%E3%82%B7-net-%D8%B9%D8%B1%D9%8A-com-%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%80-com-others.html

Big reason idn's are viewed negative by some comes from the fact they cant understand them and this sure wont help

Also, what good is it when a seller posts domains ...then claims offers recieved with never disclosing the offer source...creating possible shield bidding etc...

Regards,
Michael

IDNCowboy
23rd October 2006, 02:48 AM
I saw this many times from few "selected" individuals and imo this must be stopped regardless if in this and/or on other forums.

I am not suggesting it is done intentionally and it does not matter if it does or does not.

But when a buyer buys a domain,aspecially an idn and thinks he buys something.com when this something is actually nothing is bad business.

And in several cases when correcting the seller and getting a "Yes,We know" type of replies shows alot
(Referring to this thread:http://www.idnforums.com/forums/7150-considering-offers-on-%E3%83%97%E3%83%AD%E3%82%AD%E3%82%B7-net-%D8%B9%D8%B1%D9%8A-com-%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%80-com-others.html

Big reason idn's are viewed negative by some comes from the fact they cant understand them and this sure wont help

Also, what good is it when a seller posts domains ...then claims offers recieved with never disclosing the offer source...creating possible shield bidding etc...

Regards,
Michael
This definitely needs to stop. This guy has been doing it since day 1. When I usually respond I get a harrassing PM from this loser. Yet the posts pointing out the inacurracies always gets removed. This is why GotIDN was a great alternative. Either Olney just doesn't notice or simply doesn't care with whats going on.

Rockafeller
23rd October 2006, 02:51 AM
Many sellers, like myself, sell on multiple forums. There is no reason to disclose the person that has made an offer on another forum. Is the reply of "Yes. We know." not good enough for you, or is there some sort of criteria that we as sellers need to meet when we reply to you? Also, its "shill bidding" and not "shield bidding."

IDNCowboy
23rd October 2006, 02:53 AM
Many sellers, like myself, sell on multiple forums. There is no reason to disclose the person that has made an offer on another forum. Is the reply of "Yes. We know." not good enough for you, or is there so sort of criteria that we as sellers need to meet to when we reply to you? Also, its "shill bidding" and not "shield bidding."
Listen. You made that comment regarding another person's comment that the form was incorrect and not used alone. This states you were caught red handed and you knew about it all along. At IDNF we are not stupid. Maybe at namepros these kinds of sales will slide but not here.

23rd October 2006, 02:56 AM
Many sellers, like myself, sell on multiple forums. There is no reason to disclose the person that has made an offer on another forum. Is the reply of "Yes. We know." not good enough for you, or is there so sort of criteria that we as sellers need to meet to when we reply to you? Also, its "shill bidding" and not "shield bidding."

It is great response for me...IF the buyer knows he bought a typo domain...which i think he did not (assuming there is a buyer)
also it is not about you or me or anyone else..it is about what most feel is the way to do things..lets wait to see if more can comment.

as for shill/shield or english knight bidding..my english typing errors i think are irrelevant (check if i spelled irrelevant correctly and let me know)

Olney
23rd October 2006, 02:59 AM
I didn't remove any innacuracies, or corrections.
I removed a personal comment you made about the seller, not the domains.
& as I stated if you have a problem with a sales post please report it to me or another Mod.
You'll be surprised to find that many members do & when I PM the seller they've almost always correct the problem.
Sales threads are going to increase & I will try to add another member to help moderate the forum.

jose
23rd October 2006, 04:22 AM
I have been saying this for ages. (...can't find my post on it.)

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/2634-buyer-beware.html

I even suggested a method for doing it. First PM, then public if not corrected.

I agree with Michael!