PDA

View Full Version : Live auctions have started

dabsi
24th October 2006, 05:21 AM
at sedo; I'll put a french IDN on it.

It's really exiting to see the price explosion for names like tractors.com and others.

Explanation:

'An auction may be started once you have received an offer through the standard Sedo marketplace, and this offer will serve as the starting bid and reserve price for your auction. Since you already have a committed offer at the reserve price, your auction listing is guaranteed to end in a sale!

Auctions may be started within five days of receiving an offer and will run for the remaining time of the offer.

Sedo offers an auction program for premium domains where the domain owner will work in coordination with a Sedo broker to determine the reserve and start and auction for the domain.'

DABSI

24th October 2006, 05:34 AM
What Criteria if any does Sedo choose its representatives by?

dabsi
24th October 2006, 06:02 AM
question is wrong:

you should ask:

What Criteria premium IDN domains choose its parking company by?

DABSI

24th October 2006, 06:08 AM
Dabsi,

Reason i asked is i have a sedopro account but when i asked the rep about his recommendation as to where to park idn domains..he said he have no idea..and it was not in 2001..it was a few months ago

i also asked because it appears complaints of record low revenues and other complaints are becoming more and more common..maybe sedo can pause for a sec from all its new features and think how to first see the existing features and offers are functioning properly?

also i think an official sedo rep which i am certain is knowledgeable and very thorough when it comes to the domain industry would know where to park idns...

question is wrong:

you should ask:

DABSI

But you pretty much allready answered..its easy to answer when you are the one that also is asking...

dabsi
24th October 2006, 06:26 AM
Wake up,

We must stop to think that every ICANN employees know what IDNs are.
IDNs are still 'exotic' for 95% of the domainers; with or without IE7 they wil find their way but smoothly.

I could say more about the ND rep who VISITED us......but not about the qualified account officer who is in charge of valuable assets, this is the most important issue for us.

So put rather some efforts in diversifying your portfolio:

treasury bonds:
60% good ASCII DN (we register every day some in any language save english)
techno shares:
35% good IDN
options-derivatives
5% new 'exotic' .mobi/.eu/.de/

DABSI

24th October 2006, 06:41 AM
Wake up,

We must stop to think that every ICANN employees know what IDNs are.
IDNs are still 'exotic' for 95% of the domainers; with or without IE7 they wil find their way but smoothly.

I could say more about the ND rep who VISITED us......but not about the qualified account officer who is in charge of valuable assets, this is the most important issue for us.

So put rather some efforts in diversifying your portfolio:

treasury bonds:
60% good ASCII DN (we register every day some in any language save english)
techno shares:
35% good IDN
options-derivatives
5% new 'exotic' .mobi/.eu/.de/

DABSI

Typical Sedo answer..just a friendly recommendation..don't learn the bad parts from them.

what did i ask and what did you answer?

i asked why the growing complains from domainers which are your loyal customers..why the record low rev.

and assuming you are right about someone at ND...does it make you and/or sedo feel better that a competitor also sucks?

*it did make me laugh when the sedo rep referred me to another parking company when the one he works with does just that.

also for the record i personally never tried sedo for over a year for the reason i saw how quick theyre service escalates...(and u can say Fu*k service...im here for the money...
well, money isn't there either)

(From what ive seen..i would not put nd and sedo in the same sentence)

as for you recommending me how to structure my portfolio based on some sedo brochure..i appreciate the suggestion but please try and suggest to people AFTER you know they're specific situation ,goals ,capabilities and skills..not off of a generic "what to tell everyone" brochure.

i also see from your post you take pride in being a part of sedo though i can not understand why?

i write from what i read and AFTER i check...not just write to write...

don't take any of this personal..it is not...but if you are the SEDO REP..be just that.

REPRESENT...and try and answer somewhat close to the question asked...no one likes cheap politicians

Warmest Regards.

Rubber Duck
24th October 2006, 06:56 AM
Yes, that is right and SEDO don't meet the criteria.

question is wrong:

you should ask:

DABSI

Wot
24th October 2006, 08:59 AM
"Sedo´s auction process is designed to ensure a sale at a price which matches your domain's true market value. An auction may be started when you have received an offer through the Sedo marketplace, which you then choose to accept as the reserve price. "

As nearly all bids at Sedo are lowball are they saying that that is the one that you have to accept as your reserve - and subsequently have to sell at?

"With Sedo Auctions there are no inactive auction listings and nearly all auctions end in a sale."

Looking at the current auctions I assume that they are premium names( forget the $60 offers)

None of the reserves are met and are unlikely to be met within the 7 day auction period - subsequently I would suggest that claim that "nearly all auctions (will) end in a sale" is unlikely - how do they come up with this open ended stat before the event?

Perhaps I am just misreading everything!

As always JMO

Rubber Duck
24th October 2006, 09:09 AM
Actually, I think it might work, if the same mob that frequent Snapnames and Sedo turn up here. This brilliant idea is actually one Afternic had over a year ago, possibly two.

I have put my remaining ASCII up for offer to try to hook one or two lowball offers so my domains can be thrown centre stage. Yes of course you could end up giving domains away, but lets face it, I have been doing that on here most of this year!

Besides, it depends you whether you are an IDN believer or not. Dabsi wants two feet in the ASCII camp, I don't really see a need to hang on to mine if I can get a half decent price for them, all I can expect really as they were only ever half decent names in the first place.

Wot
24th October 2006, 09:12 AM
Actually, I think it might work, if the same mob that frequent Snapnames and Sedo turn up here. This brilliant idea is actually one Afternic had over a year ago, possibly two.

I have put my remaining ASCII up for offer to try to hook one or two lowball offers so my domains can be thrown centre stage. Yes of course you could end up giving domains away, but lets face it, I have been doing that on here most of this year!

Besides, it depends you whether you are an IDN believer or not. Dabsi wants two feet in the ASCII camp, I don't really see a need to hang on to mine if I can get a half decent price for them, all I can expect really as they were only ever half decent names in the first place.

If the snapnames mob show up you could sell your names for at least twice what you think they are worth. :rolleyes:

dabsi
24th October 2006, 09:14 AM
ASCII is a safe haven; IDN is an opportunity.

Only idiots and fanatics try to monopolise the truth.

DABSI

Rubber Duck
24th October 2006, 09:44 AM
It all depends on your conviction and commitment.

ASCII are getting very expensive and unless you really know what you are doing the risk that you will overpay for these so called investements increases by the day.

IDN, well you either believe that these will supplant ASCII in areas where the Latin Alphabet isn't really applicable. I firmly believe this and my investments reflect this. If you were absolutely sure, you would conclude that IDN represents a much better investment than ASCII.

The fact that you choose to keep two thirds in ASCII suggest that, whilst you are open to the possibility of that occurring, you have no faith that it is going to happen any when soon. It is actually far worse than that because even where you have invested in IDN, you have largely conservatively stuck to Latin Script, which is perceived by the unitiated to be far less risky.

Of course, there is always a risk that are you right. :)

ASCII is a safe haven; IDN is an opportunity.

Only idiots and fanatics try to monopolise the truth.

DABSI

Drewbert
25th October 2006, 09:06 AM
So can you actually BUY IDN's at SEDO's auction?

Apart from th stupidity of having a default of NOT showing IDN names (and this from a European based operation!), I can't sem to find any auctions.

Not even the French IDN you've put there Dabsi. Can you give me the name of it, so I know what I'm looking for?