PDA

View Full Version : I Just 'copyrighted' China.com ©

lyndonmaxewell
24th October 2006, 09:13 AM
©hina.com

The symbol © is the most common seen, and can be found almost at the bottom of every website to state its copyright for information on site, which makes typing it easy (or a matter of cut and paste). At current point in time, search engines hardly has search results on symbol, which means that such site accessed will be mostly typed in, or linked from other sites. Is it not even worth the Reg fee?

What IF i choose to develop it for a china-related site?

alpha
24th October 2006, 09:40 AM
©hina.com

The symbol © is the most common seen, and can be found almost at the bottom of every website to state its copyright for information on site, which makes typing it easy (or a matter of cut and paste). At current point in time, search engines hardly has search results on symbol, which means that such site accessed will be mostly typed in, or linked from other sites. Is it not even worth the Reg fee?

What IF i choose to develop it for a china-related site?

©rap. :p

seriously though lyndon, IMO not worth reg fee... unless you had some awesome development plans for it?

lyndonmaxewell
24th October 2006, 09:44 AM
Yea i do, but not yet. *laughs

sometimes chinese do like things that come out weird, and China is no crap. ;)
I can imagine letting others in on my 'copyright'.

alpha
24th October 2006, 09:48 AM
... and anyway, whats the latest thinking on the fate of non-character domains? I thought i read somewhere they are all doomed?

lyndonmaxewell
24th October 2006, 09:55 AM
Havent heard anymore updates on it yet. Perharps they are also waiting to see how IE7 turns out? Or they have taken a backseat for the time being.

Olney
24th October 2006, 01:59 PM
Since hearing that ICANN members aren't really in favor of symbols I'd make sure to limit investments.
Also you have to realize it's branding.
It's pretty hard branding too. Many people worldwide can write China
Added with a copywrite symbol you just made it difficult for anyone to write.

If you develop it I'd love to hear your stats. Know where your traffic is coming from.

thegenius1
24th October 2006, 05:45 PM
Lydon have you looked into the aftermarket ?

lyndonmaxewell
25th October 2006, 11:29 AM
Lydon have you looked into the aftermarket ?

Looking, and of course still at it. Perharps you have any suggestions?