domena
2nd February 2006, 09:58 PM
I have removed the mixed names...
It seems that nobody like it. ....
So, I let following domain.

xn--5ea.net (ī.net) = latvian i

Olney
2nd February 2006, 10:01 PM
I'm sorry this post might be deleted soon.
I think we all are coming close to an agreement on the site to NOT post mixed scripted IDN domains.
Basically the domains that look like something.

sarcle
2nd February 2006, 10:03 PM
True, these IDN's are only good for one thing, and everyone knows what that is.

gammascalper
2nd February 2006, 10:04 PM
Olney -- that was fast action. I was in process of PMing you.

IDNCowboy
2nd February 2006, 10:14 PM
Its people like the topic starter that gives IDN's a bad name!

Olney
2nd February 2006, 10:17 PM
It's not exactly the person
Just think about it
Most people's introduction to IDN domains are through those sales of
This domain looks like this auctions.

Basically we prote IDN domains that are good for internation use & can be used in real site development & not spoofing.

We'll have to make an official rules thread...

IDNCowboy
2nd February 2006, 10:22 PM
It's not exactly the person
Just think about it
Most people's introduction to IDN domains are through those sales of
This domain looks like this auctions.

Basically we prote IDN domains that are good for internation use & can be used in real site development & not spoofing.

We'll have to make an official rules thread...
This guy will get sued by sex.com no doubt

Rubber Duck
2nd February 2006, 10:33 PM
I think that we need to be willing to accept a member may have come here with the intention of learning and try to be understanding. What he needs to understand, if he wish to be part of the IDN community is that the domains have no acceptable use and are of no value. He needs to understand that we will not assist in any way with the promotion of such domains, or indeed condone them.

However, if the new member seriously wished to learn about the potential vast benefits that can be derived from IDN and profit legitimately from this worthy enterprise, then we should welcome him to the this forum. However, it must be understood that we shall accept no more mixed script offerings.

Dave

bramiozo
3rd February 2006, 10:40 AM
CalvinW or RonnieW, has un.com but both are cyrillic characters, then it is an acronym but the possible purpose is the same, making people think it is un.com.
Also one of the sex.com's holds only latin characters, but the possible malicious usage is the same.

I think you should extend the constraint to names that are first and foremost representative of terms outside the used characterset.

Rubber Duck
3rd February 2006, 10:47 AM
CalvinW or RonnieW, has un.com but both are cyrillic characters, then it is an acronym but the possible purpose is the same, making people think it is un.com.
Also one of the sex.com's holds only latin characters, but the possible malicious usage is the same.

I think you should extend the constraint to names that are first and foremost representative of terms outside the used characterset.

I think that we have a duty and an overriding interest in distancing ourselves from any domain that is intentionally designed to confuse either browser or buyer. Some may need to be discussed on a case by case basis. However, I am not inclined to think that our jurisdiction extends beyond the Forum.

Dae