PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever recieved a good appraisal?

Olney
13th October 2005, 12:07 AM
I'm curious I've learned a lot about the potential value of IDNs especially since being back in tokyo. Has any of you ever gotten more than "An IDN is just worth REG FEE" from the other DN sites?

I do want people to be aware of the market even before it grows but isn't it aggrevating that only maybe 2 or 3 people from each of those sites even see the potential of IDNs?

I personally would rather invest in 25 IDNs than to keep trying to by & sell sitenames based on every new thing that comes out under the sun .biz & .cc etc.

Maybe it's just me though...

Rubber Duck
13th October 2005, 07:26 AM
No, I have not had good appraisals, but I have achieved $x,xxx sales of Chinese IDN dot coms.

We could do with a landmark sale.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

bramiozo
13th October 2005, 09:44 AM
Would it be a real pain if you share those japanese sales, maybe you can pm them ?

zfreud
19th October 2005, 01:14 AM
David,

who would be crazy enough to pay x,xxx for a chinese IDN?!

;)

gammascalper
19th October 2005, 03:31 AM
You're right. 中间.com is not worth the bits it occupies. ;D

Rubber Duck
19th October 2005, 07:35 AM
Well, I have bought I Chinese IDN and one Japanese IDN to see whether we can get any traffic from them. They have Overture of 164,824 and 1,760,500 respectively. If I cannot get traffic from these then I am going to have to re-evaluate everything. If the traffic is sufficient to pay for the domain in a short period, then I could well buy more.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

bramiozo
19th October 2005, 08:31 AM
You mean, you've bought a developed domain from a third party ?

Rubber Duck
19th October 2005, 10:51 AM
No, these are new registrations.

8)

Rubber Duck
19th October 2005, 10:56 AM
You're right. 中间.com is not worth the bits it occupies. ;D

Confused this doesn't appear to be registered.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

gammascalper
19th October 2005, 05:56 PM
Dave, you were right to be confused -- and there lies a cautionary tale... I typed in the wrong word! Doh!

I meant: 中国.com