PDA

View Full Version : "Romaji" Japanese placenames

Edwin
3rd February 2006, 01:28 AM
If you're left scratching your head wondering what to do with your alphabetic Japanese placenames now that IDN is rushing forward, please email me a list (with prices) - it's possible I may be interested.

ehayward[at]gmail.com

Olney
4th February 2006, 04:47 AM
Hey Edwin this is exactly how I remember you years ago.
This is the reason why I kept telling you to get into the IDN market.

I knew you were the only other one actively seeking Japanese terms.
Back then it was just romaji terms.

I have a few good romaji terms that at the beginning I just made sure I bought the IDN counterpart. These are sure to be developed sites so they don't get listed at all.

Just wanted to tell ya I knew about ya from wayyyyyy back you big in Japan man....

Lmg67
11th March 2006, 05:17 PM
hi i'm new at this, though i'm getting addicted very quickly!...what are placenames? cities, countries, etc? if not, then i don't know what they are.
second, what is Romaji?

thanks!

kenne
11th March 2006, 05:19 PM
welcome lmg. you are correct about placenames. Romanji is Roman letters,
like tokyo.com. You can search this word in this forum for more details on the 4
writing systems of Japan 8)

Drewbert
11th March 2006, 06:43 PM
After we had the "idn may fail so sell me your IDN names cheap" thread last week, I KNEW this one would show up one day. :^)

Edwin
12th March 2006, 12:51 AM
Except that my post was over a month ago, well before any of the latest "sky is falling" round.

Incidentally, I'm still looking...

Drewbert
12th March 2006, 03:45 AM
Just show's how much you're ahead of me on this, Edwin. :^)

Edwin
13th April 2006, 03:35 AM
I'm also interested in very solid generic .com Romaji domains that define a particular industry. For instance "haisha.com" (dentists.com), "shigoto.com" (jobs.com) and so on.

jose
13th April 2006, 05:04 AM
Can you point me towards the "idn may fail so sell me your IDN names cheap" thread? How can I have missed that one...