Sénégal.biz

Angoulême.biz
Besançon.biz
Béziers.biz
Chambéry.biz
Saint-Étienne.biz

Drewbert
2nd November 2006, 02:48 AM
Not wanting to appear greedy, I shall pass.

grubstaker
2nd November 2006, 05:04 AM
A few French leftovers still free for the taking (when this was posted :) :

Norvège.biz
Pérou.biz
Sénégal.biz

Angoulême.biz
Besançon.biz
Béziers.biz
Chambéry.biz
Saint-Étienne.biz

I had some problems with pre-regs as I see others had as well... but I am now a proud owner of my first .biz... Sénégal.biz! Thanks Absalom! Do you think .biz will truly fly?

IDNer
2nd November 2006, 06:15 AM
Where can I reg. .BIZ idns ?

Fka200
2nd November 2006, 06:21 AM
Where can I reg. .BIZ idns ?

dynadot.com

IDNer
2nd November 2006, 06:44 AM
Thanks, I'll go to get some...

burnsinternet
2nd November 2006, 07:03 AM
Wish you luck!

dabsi
2nd November 2006, 05:27 PM
First time I hear about it....

Strange strange, BIZ and french IDNs? very strange

More stranger is that they are not working even with firefox....

Very strange

DABSI

domainstosell
2nd November 2006, 05:54 PM
Hey, welcome back Grubstaker!

touchring
2nd November 2006, 06:12 PM

Very strange

DABSI

I registered one with 100 ovt ext, but still no signs of trafficyet. Think i'll email DyDt to drop it. wasted my 2 hrs yesterday. :(

domainstosell
2nd November 2006, 06:53 PM

Very strange

DABSI

What do you mean? Mine work...

For French, I got:

Défiscalisation.biz
"Tax Reduction" in French
The .com sold for $17,000 last year on Sedo
87,569 FR OVT
57 US OVT
4.57 Million Google.fr

Téléchargements.biz
"Downloads" in French
64,589 FR OVT
28 US OVT
39 Million Google.fr

Téléphones.biz
54,182 FR OVT
33 US OVT
29.9 Million Google.fr

TéléphonesPortables.biz
647,365 FR OVT
42 US OVT
5.9 Million Google.fr

PrêtImmobilier.biz
"Real Estate Loans" in French
222,865 FR OVT
145 US OVT
2.1 Million Google.fr

Prêts.biz
"Loans" in French
49,687 FR OVT
16.9 Million Google.fr

Français.biz
"French" in French
12,548 FR OVT
2,933 US OVT
764 Million Google.fr

dabsi
2nd November 2006, 07:06 PM
sorry, it was my browser; it works in deed.

Good luck anyway.

DABSI

Drewbert
2nd November 2006, 07:34 PM
I registered one with 100 ovt ext, but still no signs of trafficyet. Think i'll email DyDt to drop it. wasted my 2 hrs yesterday. :(

They're .biz - don't expect any traffic!

domainstosell
2nd November 2006, 07:45 PM
I've gotten some .biz traffic already. 2 views on prêts.biz.

From North America, but still, don't other IDNers count as traffic?

grubstaker
3rd November 2006, 03:36 AM
Hey, welcome back Grubstaker!

Thanks... I've been sitting on domains lately watching traffic increase... I haven't reg. any new ones except for my new .biz. Nice web-site domainstosell (CancúnHotel.com)... I like the way this one is layed out.

touchring
3rd November 2006, 03:53 AM
I've gotten some .biz traffic already. 2 views on prêts.biz.

From North America, but still, don't other IDNers count as traffic?

Might be from Canada. :p

They're .biz - don't expect any traffic!

You've probably registered a thousand .biz and .info, and not traffic! :o!?!

Drewbert
3rd November 2006, 05:25 AM
Not that many. Under 300

Not expecting any serious type-in traffic to them, apart from people looking for a domain name trying them out to see if they exist.

I'll build out a few to exploit the good keywords. The rest will go to PPC and wait to see if someone value them more than I do.

The Spanish .biz that everyone seems to regard as the #1 slot has been live now for 24 hours and has only had visits from boardmembers and the whois.sc bot.

touchring
3rd November 2006, 06:17 AM
Not that many. Under 300

Not expecting any serious type-in traffic to them, apart from people looking for a domain name trying them out to see if they exist.

I'll build out a few to exploit the good keywords. The rest will go to PPC and wait to see if someone value them more than I do.

The Spanish .biz that everyone seems to regard as the #1 slot has been live now for 24 hours and has only had visits from boardmembers and the whois.sc bot.

You mean the $120 mark? Even .com for Spanish gets little hits (unless very good name or trademark), sure you know that?

dabsi
6th January 2007, 05:05 PM
For info:

Francophones only use .fr and .com
forget about IDNs in net, org and biz, TV only for Prime Prime names

DABSI

Rubber Duck
6th January 2007, 05:15 PM
For info:

Francophones only use .fr and .com
forget about IDNs in net, org and biz, TV only for Prime Prime names

DABSI

Once they start to close the massive gap in Internet development vis-a-vis the UK for example that might change.

dabsi
6th January 2007, 05:48 PM
Nobody will run after IDN suddenly just because of explorer or another miracle;

I'm talking about latin IDNs; as far as french is concerned there are still thousands of opportunities in.com and .fr; ten thousands of ascii names in .info org and biz are still free why start with IDNs

Again a portfolio should be well balanced; I become to consider even our premium arabic IDNs as pure speculative investment.

Comparing EU and IDN I shall say .EU are becoming now attractive ( we sold 2 .eu à xxxx Euro last week); you will currently see more french EU pages running than french IDN pages.

Last but not least an exemple of market discrepancies :

sociétés.com (companies) is generating Euro 10 /Day
What is it's market value?

10 x 365 x 5 years? (=18 250 €)

I would be happy to sell it for the price; in France IDN are still seen as gadgets for hackers...The market is not ready yet.

DABSI

touchring
6th January 2007, 05:58 PM
Comparing EU and IDN I shall say .EU are becoming now attractive ( we sold 2 .eu à xxxx Euro last week); you will currently see more french EU pages running than french IDN pages.

DABSI

Nice, since you do not believe in IDNs, well, i've still not received my christmas presents? Still waiting. :)

Rubber Duck
6th January 2007, 06:19 PM
Dabsi, I have to say I was always scepticial about the value of Latin IDN, particular in Western European Languages. This is a totally different situation that with non-Latin languages. European languages have benefited from browser support to a much greater extent than Asian languages, but many don't really need it anything like as much. Fortunatately I only have a handful of French domains anyway.

touchring
6th January 2007, 06:32 PM
Last but not least an exemple of market discrepancies :

sociétés.com (companies) is generating Euro 10 /Day
What is it's market value?

If i were you, i would take that off Sedo and replace with Adsense plus some content, and then place a block on ads from societes.com. Takes only 2 hours or less work and you got yourself a proper site.

Btw, how do you get 10 euro a day with only 20+ views a day?

dabsi
7th January 2007, 02:32 PM
good question:
january figures til today:
sociétés.com 170 91 53.53% €0.49 €44.38

the new google feed at sedo is excellent ; it is now applicable for the french market; and finally clicks over 1 euro are not exceptional any more.

the key word used for sociétés.com is a good one :)

Thanks for your advise in shifting it away from sedo; but there you a serious content; and I have no time ( 2800 names + 210 projects are enough).

DABSI

touchring
7th January 2007, 05:25 PM
50 cents a click? Hard to believe, probably two or three bonus $5 clicks went thru. How about December?

burnsinternet
8th January 2007, 09:51 AM
I have to agree with Dabsi that, in the present, .fr and .com are king with French - IDN or ASCII. I get a lot of views and a few clicks on French .net (IDN and ASCII), but not enough to pay for reg fees yet. On the other hand, désirs.net gets far more uniques than any other French domain I have. I just can't monetize it well. Modefemme.net does well all-around and lefrançais.com and basededonnée.com (avg $0.90 per click) also do well.

I get views and clicks on Spanish .com and .net, and plenty of uniques on .biz but they are too new to judge.

touchring
8th January 2007, 10:52 AM
I have to agree with Dabsi that, in the present, .fr and .com are king with French - IDN or ASCII. I get a lot of views and a few clicks on French .net (IDN and ASCII), but not enough to pay for reg fees yet. On the other hand, désirs.net gets far more uniques than any other French domain I have. I just can't monetize it well. Modefemme.net does well all-around and lefrançais.com and basededonnée.com (avg $0.90 per click) also do well.

90 cents per click? Incredible. Are you using ND or Sedo. Even for credit names, i get only 30 to 40 cents a click.

blastfromthepast
8th January 2007, 04:55 PM

Rubber Duck
8th January 2007, 05:03 PM
The Information War is on.

NEW! حماس.com (http://xn--mgblt4e.com/)
NEW! alqaeda.mobi (http://alqaeda.mobi/)

Well it would be interesting to get some comparative traffic figures.

Mind you the latter would probably get a let more monitoring by the CIA, who probably believe that all those squiggles are a just cunning ruse by Arab Terrorists to throw them off the scent and therefore just stick with English dot coms where all the bonafide info is.

burnsinternet
8th January 2007, 07:50 PM
90 cents per click? Incredible. Are you using ND or Sedo. Even for credit names, i get only 30 to 40 cents a click.

ND. Hey, I am not going to question it. 6σ.com gets avg 63 cents. Most of my IDNs get 2 to 4 cents, though.