PDA

View Full Version : My suspicion on parking payout confirmed.

touchring
3rd November 2006, 06:25 AM
Past few months, i've noticed the trend of reducing average PPC from ND and parking providers, so i thought it is due to Google, but recently, i've started removing names and moving to Adsense.

By comparing the two trends, now, my suspicion is confirmed. The reducing payout is unique to parking providers. Adsense payout is more stable and average PPC for a site with reasonable traffic rarely changes more than 10% over a 6-8 month period.

I guess that either Google is giving PPC providers a small share, or we are being shortchanged!

It might also be possible that we get 100% share (or even more) of the payout initially, and this reduces to 95% and slowly lower over time.

Fka200
3rd November 2006, 09:41 AM
Past few months, i've noticed the trend of reducing average PPC from ND and parking providers, so i thought it is due to Google, but recently, i've started removing names and moving to Adsense.

By comparing the two trends, now, my suspicion is confirmed. The reducing payout is unique to parking providers. Adsense payout is more stable and average PPC for a site with reasonable traffic rarely changes more than 10% over a 6-8 month period.

I guess that either Google is giving PPC providers a small share, or we are being shortchanged!

It might also be possible that we get 100% share (or even more) of the payout initially, and this reduces to 95% and slowly lower over time.

i seriously think we are being undercharged. on ALL my IDNS i am receiving ONLY .01-.03cent/click. Revenue is disgusting, CTR is not bad, but it takes 100 clicks to get to a damn dollar! I wish we shared some easy-adsense mini site templates... because i KNOW the CTR will be better only because we can target better keywords, and make the site more realistic. I setup one mini site, but its so horrible that i cant believe it even gets any visitors. ;) oh well, and dont wanna waste most funds to setup all the IDNs, since i figure it would be nice to actually learn a thing or two.

Edwin
3rd November 2006, 10:29 AM
Google's domain parking program pays out less than Adsense i.e. they do "tier" the value of the payouts.

On the flip-side, a parking page might get 50% CTR, whereas on most real content pages (i.e. ones acceptable under the main Adsense program) you'd be lucky to get 10% CTR.

Rubber Duck
3rd November 2006, 10:46 AM
i seriously think we are being undercharged. on ALL my IDNS i am receiving ONLY .01-.03cent/click. Revenue is disgusting, CTR is not bad, but it takes 100 clicks to get to a damn dollar! I wish we shared some easy-adsense mini site templates... because i KNOW the CTR will be better only because we can target better keywords, and make the site more realistic. I setup one mini site, but its so horrible that i cant believe it even gets any visitors. ;) oh well, and dont wanna waste most funds to setup all the IDNs, since i figure it would be nice to actually learn a thing or two.

The problem is not Google it is Arabs. At the moment Arabs are not used to paying for Pay Per Click advertising. There is therefore no real competition for keywords. In Japanese many clicks are more than a dollar each, in Russian £0.10 is typical. The $0.03 is determined by the local market. It is no good blaming ND, Google or even Sedo. It is the market reality, at the moment there is plenty of Arabic traffic, but Arabic Advertisers have little concept of the value of that traffic.

thegenius1
3rd November 2006, 03:06 PM
Google's domain parking program pays out less than Adsense i.e. they do "tier" the value of the payouts.

On the flip-side, a parking page might get 50% CTR, whereas on most real content pages (i.e. ones acceptable under the main Adsense program) you'd be lucky to get 10% CTR.

I think that Rick says very differently