PDA

View Full Version : 日-本.com japan hot domain!

llaoban
4th November 2006, 03:50 PM
Domain Name: 日-本.com
PunyCode: xn----jn6bu1b.com
Registrar: domainsite
English Translation: japan
Language: japanese

$5000

paypal

domainsite push

rhys
4th November 2006, 03:52 PM
I'm sorry but you should explain why on earth this word has value with a hyphen between the characters.

llaoban
4th November 2006, 04:11 PM
why on earth this word has value with a hyphen between the characters?
If does not have a hyphen, then his value $50000-$500000, many English domain name also has a hyphen, his value certainly uncertain bottom how many, the Japanese Chinese character has the hyphen and does not have the hyphen, manifests the meaning is same, certainly is not completely cannot see the meaning

lyndonmaxewell
4th November 2006, 04:14 PM
why on earth this word has value with a hyphen between the characters?
If does not have a hyphen, then his value $50000-$500000, many Englishdomain name also has a hyphen, his value certainly uncertain bottomhow many, the Japanese Chinese character has the hyphen and does nothave the hyphen, manifests the meaning is same, certainly is notcompletely cannot see the meaning

I disagree. Okay, back to the sales thread.

thefabfive
4th November 2006, 04:23 PM
Are domains like ga-mes.com or tra-vel.com valuable?

No.

llaoban
4th November 2006, 04:35 PM
E-mail.com email.com pokeronline.com the poker-online.com English letter may use the hyphen to represent the blank space, 2 words relates in together, the Japanese word 動画 and 動-画 His meaning has not certainly changed everybody to be able to understand, this is the same truth

rhys
4th November 2006, 04:38 PM
E-mail.com email.com pokeronline.com the poker-online.com English letter may use the hyphen to represent the blank space, 2 words relates in together, the Japanese word 動画 and 動-画 His meaning has not certainly changed everybody to be able to understand, this is the same truth

Sorry, you can't use the english language domains as an example. In case you haven't noticed it is a different language and it doesn't happen to work the way you would like it to work. Show me where hyphens occur in ordinary Japanese or Chinese written language or actually used domain names?

touchring
4th November 2006, 04:56 PM
Judging from the whois info, this guy's an ethnic chinese, cos he knows the hyphen is not supposed to be there!

llaoban
4th November 2006, 04:58 PM
1.English and Japanese grammar are different
2.I only want to say this hyphen certainly is not separates a word. Is not such which you understood
3.My English is not good, your Japanese is not good, understood has the question
4.If the Japanese can understand (OK) . we be the layman was arguing

sarcle
4th November 2006, 05:14 PM
Language: japanese

$5000

paypal

domainsite push

Seperating the characters would change the meaning entirely. To me and I am not japanese of course the translation of this domain as it stands would be:

day-book.com

Of course a japanese speaker could help confirm this.

Prodigy
4th November 2006, 05:17 PM
Listen to Rhys, he speaks native Japanese.

I live in Japan and speak Japanese and i've never seen it written like that.

Even when you do a google search it shows up as an intended space and not a hyphen for aesthetics.

Olney
4th November 2006, 06:31 PM
Take it as advice guy
You have at least 3 Japanese speakers replying to you telling you to not put a hyphen between 2 characters. If we don't tell you, you might try to register more & waste money on domains that can't be typed in easily.
Especially since it's a western character hyphen.
You actually make it seem like 2 words
日 (Day)
本 (Books)
Day-Book(s)
Together it's Nihon(Japan)
Separated it's Day-Book(s).com

rhys
4th November 2006, 06:56 PM
3.My English is not good, your Japanese is not good, understood has the question
4.If the Japanese can understand (OK) . we be the layman was arguing

I am a Japanese speaker. I personally think that in Japanese this domain looks rather bizarre.

Giant
4th November 2006, 08:03 PM
If you have some extra money to donate, give it to charity. VeriSign is a wrong place to donate.

ca191s
5th November 2006, 05:10 AM
The host have the power decision price!!!

Prodigy
5th November 2006, 06:08 AM
The people have the power to prevent scamming.

touchring
5th November 2006, 10:12 AM

--> The English translation should be "ja-pan". Not a pricing issue.

Any reseller that stands on his side is risking his own reputation!

rhys
5th November 2006, 08:17 PM

--> The English translation should be "ja-pan". Not a pricing issue.

Any reseller that stands on his side is risking his own reputation!

Actually the English translation should be "sun-book" definitely not a pricing issue.