PDA

View Full Version : picking up drops

passengerpigeon
3rd February 2006, 11:33 PM
I was wondering if anyone would care to share info on IDN drops; like if there's any services out there to pick them up for you. I know that Enom's dropclub won't pick up IDN drops for you, but I didn't know that was also true for Pool.com: I put in orders yesterday for some top drops from today(grátis.com, étudier.com) and was unhappy to find out none of them came through for me. Do you just have to sit and try to register them yourself as they are deleted?
Thanks in advance,

bwhhisc
3rd February 2006, 11:47 PM
I am not totally sure but have been told that on pool.com, if more than one person puts in a request for a drop, it goes to bid between interested parties. More information is appreciated.

IDNCowboy
3rd February 2006, 11:55 PM
I am not totally sure but have been told that on pool.com, if more than one person puts in a request for a drop, it goes to bid between interested parties. More information is appreciated.
Correct but from what I hear pool.com doesn't do idns

gammascalper
4th February 2006, 02:43 AM
As far as I know none of the drop catchers do, and none of the off-the-shelf software supports it either.

At this point you have to roll your own.

bramiozo
4th February 2006, 10:53 AM

If you download the complete list of drops there will certainly be idn's in there, a bit misleading if they don't even support it. There's really no drop tool out there ?

Rubber Duck
4th February 2006, 11:04 AM
If you download the complete list of drops there will certainly be idn's in there, a bit misleading if they don't even support it. There's really no drop tool out there ?

Why moan when you can still pick them up for $7, although its getting much tougher!

Snapnames isn't going to do it because most of their comes from Network Solutions who infamously junked all their IDN customers, which at that time was everybody with the original Top Generics!

Dave

bramiozo
4th February 2006, 11:09 AM
Will an inventory in unicode be appreciated ?

Rubber Duck
4th February 2006, 11:15 AM
Will an inventory in unicode be appreciated ?

What you really ought to do is negociate with Domainsite.com for the rights on the drops and set up your own drop service!

Dave

bwhhisc
4th February 2006, 11:16 AM

Pool does IDNs, they just don't put any empasis on them. To find them the trick is to put xn- into the search bar, and check the little box "starts with". One caution, I think that the "minimum" price to pick up one of their drops is $60...thats why I have never used them. Still too many good ones out there for $7.99.

Heres a few listed on Pool today....
xn----bs0f66u71l.net 2006-02-03 Backorder Now
xn----o44f280c.com 2006-02-07 Backorder Now
xn---n-co7js56c.com 2006-02-03 Backorder Now
xn--03t.com 2006-02-08 Backorder Now
xn--0ckvc7cya.com 2006-02-08 Backorder Now
xn--0gvq25i.com 2006-02-08 Backorder Now
xn--0rsod70a.com 2006-02-08 Backorder Now
xn--0z2by50a.net 2006-02-05 Backorder Now
xn--0z2bz4l54n.com 2006-02-04 Backorder Now
xn--0z2bz4l54n.net 2006-02-04 Backorder Now

touchring
4th February 2006, 05:09 PM
I believe that Back ordering will not work for idns at the moment - they are not fast enough - because pool and snapnames concentrate their resources on high value (there are plenty of $xxxx and $xx,xxx) dot coms they can catch every day and week.

The min. $60 is probably for domains that you can register yourself manually - you are basically paying for them to help you do that on your behalf.

bramiozo
4th February 2006, 07:05 PM
G already noted that the idn-activity is shifting towards drops so the use of dropservices will be justified more over time. Contacting domainsite is an interesting idea, a dedicated idn-drop service would certainly be appreciated.