PDA

View Full Version : Fact is ....

dabsi
5th November 2006, 09:07 AM
As to our portfolio:

- we have sold our first .eu (x.xxx eur, will be published next week at sedo)
- promising negociations are currently running for 2 .mobi
- french ascci domains are sold 2-3 weekly
and IDNs? Zero this month.
Offers for french IDNs comes only from 'clever' reseller who want to have a premium name for peanuts.

We offered our arabic premium portfolio for 150.000 (IDN believers/experts would say it is at least 1 million worth, but they seem not to belong to this community I gheuss or am I wrong?

In other words we have to be much more realistic. Expected IE7 results have turned down our illusions to see IDNs covering the breaking news at CNN and Al Jazeera.

I'm affraid we have to wait two other years. until I can retire.

Have a good Sunday

DABSI

seamo
5th November 2006, 09:24 AM
Hmmm...sounds to me like you're just trying to stir the pot...

I wonder who'll be the first to bite on this bait...:p

rhys
5th November 2006, 09:34 AM

DABSI

That was more or less always my game plan....

bwhhisc
5th November 2006, 09:43 AM
In other words we have to be much more realistic. Expected IE7 results have turned down our illusions to see IDNs covering the breaking news at CNN and Al Jazeera.

IE7 can probably be better considered released when it becomes an automatic update. Computer users are chugging along with their IE6 or other in the meantime. My prediction would be that IDN websites start to appear in advertising in the 1st quarter of 07' as VISTA comes out.

Rubber Duck
5th November 2006, 10:14 AM
Fact is that Arabic has not even been released as manual download. Time will tale where Arabs fit on Microsofts scale of High Priorities.

Latin language and other scripts were always going to be two completely different markets. I personally have had my doubts about the Latin Market. The truth is that many of these markets have had extensive IDN support for a very long time due to adoption of Firefox, so those that have insisted on typing in the correct form have probably been doing it for ages. None of the French or German forms do not have unaccented version that readily input. There is no real imperitive for the adoption of IDN, other than a touch of nationalistic pride.

The situation with Asian Countries, which are now right down the bottom of the list with all non-Arian races, being cut out the equation for now, actually require IDN for the User to have a good comprehension of the meaning of the address and to make them memorable in an accurate way to avoid the risk of phishing. The camp commandant at Microsoft, has, however, deemed that these should be limited to Western European languages for the time being. This appear to be required to maintain the purity of Internet.

touchring
5th November 2006, 10:16 AM
As to our portfolio:

- we have sold our first .eu (x.xxx eur, will be published next week at sedo)
- promising negociations are currently running for 2 .mobi
- french ascci domains are sold 2-3 weekly
and IDNs? Zero this month.
Offers for french IDNs comes only from 'clever' reseller who want to have a premium name for peanuts.

We offered our arabic premium portfolio for 150.000 (IDN believers/experts would say it is at least 1 million worth, but they seem not to belong to this community I gheuss or am I wrong?

Have a good Sunday

DABSI

150K? I think you just offered me those for Christmas present - now where's the thread?

Rubber Duck
5th November 2006, 10:20 AM
150K? I think you just offered me those for Christmas present - now where's the thread?

Actually, if anyone felt it was worth the hassle of negociating with the owner, I would have to say that these domains are well worth the money.

Prodigy
5th November 2006, 10:34 AM
Look Dabsi, we can play "why arent we millionaires yet?" or you can start to understand the full picture.

2 years? Do you think Chinese people will wait 2 years in order to navigate the web in their native language? I think not, they started way before IE 7 became the answer.

Its a logical progression of the market and consumer demand for IDNs will prevail unless next year in June, we suddenly arent using domains to surf the web.

dabsi
5th November 2006, 10:34 AM
Thanks Duck :)

Here is the 'ignored' thread

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/7537-premium-portfolio-is-now-for-sale.html

DABSI

touchring
5th November 2006, 01:59 PM
Hi Wassi, it's not ignored, it's just that the buyers with enough money are not here yet. For a high risk 150k gamble, you need to find those people with tens of millions of spare cash. also, care to share the combined monthly ppc for those names?

Rubber Duck
5th November 2006, 02:23 PM
Hi Wassi, it's not ignored, it's just that the buyers with enough money are not here yet. For a high risk 150k gamble, you need to find those people with tens of millions of spare cash. also, care to share the combined monthly ppc for those names?

Or perhaps with more modest wealth and real conviction.

There are no doubt investors around that have that kind of money and would make that kind of investment, if they fully understood its potential.

To a large extent it is a matter of education. Educating people is extremely difficult if you do not have their ear in the first place. Once the traffic revenues start to flow, the whole World will be all ears!