PDA

View Full Version : Google index grown bigger???

drbiohealth
4th February 2006, 06:05 AM
Compared to last month's Google search results, I observe that this month the number of pages returned for most of my hindi keywords (100 of them) have nearly doubled . Has anybody observed this feature for keywords in other languages? Is it a sign of web-growth of hindi language?
Cheers! Raj

Rubber Duck
4th February 2006, 07:56 AM
Compared to last month's Google search results, I observe that this month the number of pages returned for most of my hindi keywords (100 of them) have nearly doubled . Has anybody observed this feature for keywords in other languages? Is it a sign of web-growth of hindi language?
Cheers! Raj

It could be growh in the useage of Hindi, but there are a couple of other possible explanations. One is that Google has done more work on getting Hindi Indexed, or it it has simple rejigged the way these things are estimated. The other possibility is that there has been significant conversion from non-portable fonts to Unicode.

Dave

IDNCowboy
4th February 2006, 08:06 AM
When all these idns take off you can really say the index will grow much more....... (once content on the domains starts growing)

with china having a bigger population than the u.s. and many users there within the next 10 years getting online we should see something big.

Rubber Duck
4th February 2006, 09:31 AM
When all these idns take off you can really say the index will grow much more....... (once content on the domains starts growing)

with china having a bigger population than the u.s. and many users there within the next 10 years getting online we should see something big.

Chinese already have more and better broadband access than the US and it is being rolled a phenomenal rate.

Dave

bwhhisc
4th February 2006, 10:36 AM
How does that compare to Japan and Korea. There is no doubt that they will both be formidable on what ever advances in technology roll out.

drbiohealth
4th February 2006, 01:54 PM
Yes Dave, those seem to be possible reasons...