PDA

View Full Version : .de and .co.uk Can i buy them?

donwebcorleone
4th February 2006, 01:10 PM
hi! guys, i wanted to register the most important domains extensions i can for a nonsense name i intend to use for a website later this year, but i read that i need a proxy or something like that to register a .de or a .co.uk, is this true? or i just register it and thats it?

by the way, good news i finally can confirm i sold my first IDNs! im in contact with 8 stores, up to now, but i hate the fact that in japan business is so slow, calls, meeting, come back for another meeting and finally the yes with another 2 weeks or more to receive the money transfer. If you guys want to sell IDNs in Japan, my advice is to trying japanese auction websites like Yahoo Japan Auction, i dont lie the interest is almost zero, but anyway it doesnt hurt to start showing your gems to potential buyers. And I also guess that the reason interest is very low in Yahoo Japan (biggest auction portal in Japan) is because there are only a few guys selling at insane prices. One guy is even asking $100.000 for his IDN, thats insane at this early stage of the IDN market.

Anyway, try Yahoo Japan or any other japanese auction website, after all Afternic is in english, why not to show also your japanese IDNs in websites that japanese people can read? i understand that the aim to park Japanese IDNs in english websites is to reach global domainers, but it is obvious that japanese people can value/understand better your IDN than someone who doesnt know a word of Japanese or doesnt know anything about Japan to really value the potential of your IDN. my advice IMHO, you guys know better IDN business than me.

.de and .co.uk? where to register if i can do it? thanks!

here is a photo of today's most expensive IDNs in yahoo japan auction

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/5757/picture14ch.png

yanni
4th February 2006, 06:33 PM
123-reg.com for co.uk names.

Proxy? I'm not sure I understand. Anyone can reg uk names. Pretty sure it's the same for .de