أ
د
ذ
ر
ز
و
لا
ؤ

if the word is ended with any of these letters it will not stick with the next word and the IDN will look fine

note that arabic is written from right to left

for example:
اسرار النطاقات domains secrets
اسرارالنطاقات
note that when removing the space ,the words appears the same because the first word ends with "ر"

Regards

Dns
20th November 2006, 12:03 AM
good note , you are definitely right

but i think words which not include "hamza" like ء , أ , ؤ , ئ is better
like ايميل is better than إيميل

Fka200
20th November 2006, 12:22 AM
good note , you are definitely right

but i think words which not include "hamza" like ء , أ , ؤ , ئ is better
like ايميل is better than إيميل

but without the hamza it is a mispelling, and i would rather take the one with hamza just because i think it would be resold easier than the mispelling. also, i have some hamzas+non hamzas and hamzas are performing better.

bramiozo
20th November 2006, 08:55 AM
In all honesty I don't think it will matter much whether these compounded terms are or are not completely in agreement with grammatical rules for the very simple reason that an arabic user would imo rather type the compounded term in the browser as he would do normally (without the space) than add a hyphen. Compounding issues are something to be adressed by ICANN in the technical standards but I doubt it will have much affect on the use of these names.

touchring
20th November 2006, 09:06 AM
I got the ultimate one that doesn't stick. G knows what it is. ;)

Funny, i'm not an arabic speaker, nor i learnt anything about arabic, or started registering early! I just saw it doesn't stick, so i took it, as no one else did.

bwhhisc
20th November 2006, 12:45 PM
In all honesty I don't think it will matter much whether these compounded terms are or are not completely in agreement with grammatical rules for the very simple reason that an arabic user would imo rather type the compounded term in the browser as he would do normally (without the space) than add a hyphen. Compounding issues are something to be adressed by ICANN in the technical standards but I doubt it will have much affect on the use of these names.

What got this conversation going was my reg of "dentist.com"
When combined it chopped off the end of the first word (reading right to left)
I am told this won't work as a domain, but I have a year to see if it get any traffic before probably dropping.

طبيبالأسنان.com (combined from) طبيب الأسنان
xn--igbhbba2exa1iuab0b.com

touchring
20th November 2006, 01:01 PM
I am told this won't work as a domain, but I have a year to see if it get any traffic before probably dropping.

I've seen that Dave (the other one) got himself quite a few of such merged names, maybe he can say from his experience. ;)

But i think a lot also has to with Google indexing.

bramiozo
20th November 2006, 02:11 PM

I think there are 2 important arguments
- the user types it correctly, it is merely represented incorrectly, spontanaeous type-ins should be the same. Recurring traffic also shouldn't change since the term is memorized as it is typed and I think it is safe to say that people don't need to visualize a common word like dentist.
- the representation is due to the mapping of the particular arabic characters that are combined, it simply leads to a pre-determined replacement. This is easily changed and it is merely a matter of adapting the list of special characters which are defined in the RFC documents.

I would say to hold on to compounded arabic terms since the representation is not solely determining and especially because the representation is in this case merely a matter of changing the list of special characters which is trivial.

idn
21st November 2006, 09:37 AM
I got the ultimate one that doesn't stick. G knows what it is. ;)

Funny, i'm not an arabic speaker, nor i learnt anything about arabic, or started registering early! I just saw it doesn't stick, so i took it, as no one else did.

sex photos :)

bwhhisc
21st November 2006, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=touchring]I got the ultimate one that doesn't stick. G knows what it is. ;)
QUOTE]

Are you getting any traffic on this?

touchring
21st November 2006, 11:35 AM
Yes. I get about 80 to 150 views a mth past 6 mths. When it had 1st page SERP, it was getting more than 30 views a day! An idea ocurred to me, perhaps i should develop the name! :)

blastfromthepast
21st November 2006, 01:34 PM
Touchring could you tell us what the name is?

touchring
21st November 2006, 11:50 PM
Name is sexphotos.com.

blastfromthepast
22nd November 2006, 01:42 PM
Name is sexphotos.com.

Could you paste the Arabic?

Fka200
22nd November 2006, 02:46 PM
Could you paste the Arabic?

صورسكس (without space) With space --> صور سكس

bwhhisc
22nd November 2006, 03:11 PM
صورسكس (without space) With space --> صور سكس

That one looks better without the space than (mine) that got part of first word cut off.

Is the above domain easily readable by Arabic internet users as one word without space?

Fka200
22nd November 2006, 06:00 PM
That one looks better without the space than (mine) that got part of first word cut off.

Is the above domain easily readable by Arabic internet users as one word without space?

Yes.

bwhhisc
22nd November 2006, 06:48 PM
That one looks better without the space than (mine) that got part of first word cut off. Is the above domain easily readable by Arabic internet users as one word without space?

Would you recognize this word easily- even as a "stuck together" word missing a letter?
طبيبالأسنان