PDA

View Full Version : IE7 CHINA releases today

bwhhisc
21st November 2006, 01:17 AM
Date of Nov. 20th for soft release reported in Chinese press (but maybe is not true).

Heres the link to Microsoft China.

http://www.microsoft.com/china/windows/ie/downloads/default.mspx

Explorer
21st November 2006, 03:38 AM
That's still in English 英语 :-(

blastfromthepast
21st November 2006, 04:52 AM
I can't wait for Touchring's commentary about the stock market and how this is affecting the IE7 release.

touchring
21st November 2006, 06:24 AM
I can't wait for Touchring's commentary about the stock market and how this is affecting the IE7 release.

Stocks are now booming. Especially in Asia, market has gone up more than western markets. Now they are talking about wage raises.

I originally projected IE7 release to be round mid-Dec to feb, looks like if you take the average of all the various languages, it's about there. :p

I think Microsoft wants to make use of IE7 to get people in China to buy real editions of XP, so it will be interesting how the launch goes, especially when many people discover they can't install. But no worries, there's always the cracked version to download. :)

Rubber Duck
21st November 2006, 10:01 AM
Stocks are now booming. Especially in Asia, market has gone up more than western markets. Now they are talking about wage raises.

I originally projected IE7 release to be round mid-Dec to feb, looks like if you take the average of all the various languages, it's about there. :p

I think Microsoft wants to make use of IE7 to get people in China to buy real editions of XP, so it will be interesting how the launch goes, especially when many people discover they can't install. But no worries, there's always the cracked version to download. :)

I think in recent weeks the Vista Marketing Team have tried to strangle IE7 to maximise their revenues from selling new operating systems rather than pushing a free browser. It typical of Microshaft market manipulation. Well, they had better get it right. Zune is going nowhere! XBox is going nowhere! MSN Search is going nowhere! Even Microsoft are now offering genuine Online Office Products for free on the Internet. Bill once said 3 out of 5 is not bad. Well from where I am watching everything hangs on Vista. If this doesn't fly, then Microsoft is in serious shit and they know it. The last thing they want is people to download IE7 and conclude that they don't need Vista. In fact the way IE7 locks up XP when the website is not available is more likely to put them off buying Vista than encouraging them!

bwhhisc
21st November 2006, 11:16 AM
That's still in English 英语 :-(
Was hoping they had a RC out before the auto update.
Microsoft has listed the following as IE7 countries and languages available as of today.
Brazil
Italy
Finland
Korea
Arabic
Spain
English

Rubber Duck
21st November 2006, 11:22 AM
Was hoping they had a RC out before the auto update.
Microsoft has listed the following as IE7 countries and languages available as of today.
Brazil
Italy
Finland
Korea
Arabic
Spain
English

RC was released months ago but withdrawn in favour of English Final. We are now awaiting Chinese Final. I have posted articles with translation links at DNlocal.

bwhhisc
21st November 2006, 11:49 AM
RC was released months ago but withdrawn in favour of English Final. We are now awaiting Chinese Final. I have posted articles with translation links at DNlocal.

Just read your info at DNL, nice find on the Chinese article about Microsoft.
What is the deal, they reported a November 20th Chinese IE7 (downloadable) release date but this was just erroneous information? Seems they would need an RC (release candidate) in Chinese prior to.

Rubber Duck
21st November 2006, 12:08 PM
Date of Nov. 20th for soft release reported in Chinese press (but maybe is not true).

Heres the link to Microsoft China.

http://www.microsoft.com/china/windows/ie/downloads/default.mspx

No Chinese RC1 came out in September but has been temporarily superceded by English Final. This is how it was for all the other Final Version that came out. If you click through to the actual down load file, the file name has "enu" in it, this signifies it is the English US Version. The Chinese RC and the Final had somehing like "chi".

blastfromthepast
21st November 2006, 01:11 PM
The MS version of IE7 in Russian is also available.