PDA

View Full Version : Do Arabic and Persian language share commom words?

bwhhisc
22nd November 2006, 11:17 PM
رادار.com

I registered radar.com in Arabic, but when checking Persian language for same it came up with the same exact "word".

Was this an error in the translator, or are their shared words in the two languages? Thanks

Fka200
23rd November 2006, 01:33 AM
رادار.com

I registered radar.com in Arabic, but when checking Persian language for same it came up with the same exact "word".

Was this an error in the translator, or are their shared words in the two languages? Thanks

Some words are the same in arabic and farsi, but sometimes there is a different encoding between punycode, so they wont be the same, even though they might look the same. This is only for some letters, if i remember correctly. But i forgot which ones :(

bramiozo
23rd November 2006, 10:13 AM
Are transliterated words from english to Arab generally equal in Farsi ?

g
23rd November 2006, 10:20 AM
the letters in this word are the same in arabic and persian and has the same punycode

some letters looks identical but the arabic and persian versions are different and have different punycodes

about the meaning I can confirm the arabic meaning but the word may mean something else in persian but most probably the same meaning.

about potential .... I don't know what the one is going to develop radar.com for ??

good luck

Are transliterated words from english to Arab generally equal in Farsi ?

nope

Do Arabic and Persian language share some words?

yes

bwhhisc
23rd November 2006, 11:14 AM
about potential .... I don't know what the one is going to develop radar.com for ??

Hopefully someone will find it the short way to say "radar detectors"
used for cars. That is a huge industry and the top end devices sell for $300 and up.
http://www.buyradardetectors.com/

Also devices for measurement of sports training...radars are used to calculate pitching speed, golf ball distance of drive, tennis service speed etc.

And there are security uses and systems, also scientific uses and interest.

Rubber Duck
23rd November 2006, 04:49 PM
If it works in Arabic and Persian, it will almost certainly be Urdu as well. Just throw another 100m or so onto your potential market reach.

Fka200
23rd November 2006, 07:33 PM
in the middle east u give the cop about a buck and he lets u be on your way... that's if he pulls you over to begin with since your doing 90. ;)

g
23rd November 2006, 07:48 PM
in the middle east u give the cop about a buck and he lets u be on your way... that's if he pulls you over to begin with since your doing 90. ;)

In the united states , you start kissing the ass then the legs ..begging the cop to forgive you ....and you finally get a ticket :p

but what has this to do with the topic?

Drewbert
23rd November 2006, 08:30 PM
Down here, once they find out I'm not American, they let me off the ticket.

Fka200
23rd November 2006, 09:26 PM
In the united states , you start kissing the ass then the legs ..begging the cop to forgive you ....and you finally get a ticket :p

but what has this to do with the topic?

had to do with the radar quote above, forgot to add it into the post ;) and the above quote is so very true.