PDA

View Full Version : Chinese and Hebrew IE7 Released Today

burnsinternet
1st December 2006, 11:51 PM
"We released three additional language versions of Windows Internet Explorer 7 – Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional and Hebrew. This adds to the list of previously released language versions in Arabic, Finnish, French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Italian, Russian, Dutch, Korean and Spanish. "

bwhhisc
2nd December 2006, 12:58 AM
More good news, especially the Chinese version being released this soon.
Maybe they will follow up earlier than predicted and release the Japanese version as well.

burnsinternet
2nd December 2006, 01:37 AM
I seriously doubt that. They are going to have a big production when they release in Japan. I am sure we will not be disappointed.

However, it's tough to call them racist when they released so many so quickly. I just think they have special plans for Japan. Expect a lot of hits really fast when they release.

Drewbert
2nd December 2006, 02:37 AM
>Expect a lot of hits really fast when they release.

Not until AU kicks in, I suspect.

burnsinternet
2nd December 2006, 03:11 AM
Normally, I would agree. I am ever the cynic. However, I think M$ has something special planned for the Japan kickoff.

JColson
2nd December 2006, 08:57 AM
I do hope your theory is correct. It seems likely to me that
there will be significant $ spent on a launch - but who knows with MS.

Rubber Duck
2nd December 2006, 09:52 AM
Normally, I would agree. I am ever the cynic. However, I think M$ has something special planned for the Japan kickoff.

I think they do not want IE7 intereferring with Vista. Keep it IE7 low profile and with Japan coming out of a prolonged downturn they can expect a high uptake of Vista. With M$ is is all about the money.

Chinese is good though! There is a massive awareness in China, we will not be reliant on Microsoft for publicity. I also think that the information on Chinese computers running largely pirated software is probably grossly overstated.

More good news, especially the Chinese version being released this soon.
Maybe they will follow up earlier than predicted and release the Japanese version as well.

So how many phantom launches are we actually going to get before you can navigate to the site and actually download this thing? Incidentally, the download link seems to disappear if you are navigating in IE7, but it still there in Firefox. Either way I don't get to the point where you can actually download Chinese. What are these guys playing at, are they doing all this just to piss me off or are they complete tossers?

bwhhisc
2nd December 2006, 01:07 PM
So how many phantom launches are we actually going to get before you can navigate to the site and actually download this thing? Incidentally, the download link seems to disappear if you are navigating in IE7, but it still there in Firefox. Either way I don't get to the point where you can actually download Chinese. What are these guys playing at, are they doing all this just to piss me off or are they complete tossers?

I am going to email my 'buddy' at MS and ask.

Rubber Duck
2nd December 2006, 02:13 PM
Answer to mystery is at DNL. Yes, it is out but not at a download near you!

Prodigy
2nd December 2006, 02:48 PM
Hey, its our target consumer aint it?