PDA

View Full Version : EBAY Korean letters?

bwhhisc
12th December 2006, 01:08 PM
Korean letters with virtually no google pages or usage...
and first time for someone to go for IDN "shipping charges" lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230061546720&rd=1&rd=1

burnsinternet
12th December 2006, 01:23 PM
Do they have to ship the domains from Korea?

Charging a transfer fee is the way Ebay domainers hedge their bets. Start bidding at $.01 but charge a transfer fee instead of starting bids at $20.

Everyone is just trying to make a buck.

bwhhisc
12th December 2006, 03:35 PM
Do they have to ship the domains from Korea?
Charging a transfer fee is the way Ebay domainers hedge their bets. Start bidding at $.01 but charge a transfer fee instead of starting bids at $20.
Everyone is just trying to make a buck.

Your right, they were probably his drops, and hes hoping to pick back up part of his reg fees. Shame these aren't mainstream letters...surprisingly, they were reg'd back in 05'. Renewals on them are coming up in February I think, so the buyer (if any) needs to plan to tack on another $30.

burnsinternet
12th December 2006, 03:39 PM
I don't mind seeing IDNs on Ebay, no matter how bad. That's where you pulled me out of the gutter, Bill, so I don't want to judge. There, but for the Grace of God, go I.

thefabfive
12th December 2006, 03:50 PM
Shame these aren't mainstream
I beg to differ. Three of those characters are as mainstream as they get: ᆫ.com, ᆯ.com, and ᆾ.com. And ᆻ.com is not bad either. Seeing them on their own is somewhat strange and I don't know how Koreans would perceive these, but they are bonafide single letters.

Rubber Duck
12th December 2006, 04:29 PM
Korean letters with virtually no google pages or usage...
and first time for someone to go for IDN "shipping charges" lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230061546720&rd=1&rd=1

I guess he is trying to avoid paying for a Reserve.

bwhhisc
12th December 2006, 04:35 PM
I beg to differ. Three of those characters are as mainstream as they get: ᆫ.com, ᆯ.com, and ᆾ.com. And ᆻ.com is not bad either. Seeing them on their own is somewhat strange and I don't know how Koreans would perceive these, but they are bonafide single letters.

They looked mainstream to me at first glance, but they get virtually no google pages, unlike other Korean letters.

This Korean letter 로 gets 408,000,000, 맨 gets 16,000,000.
English 'a' gets 8.5 billion, Chinese 漢 gets 75 million, Russian ф get 86 million.

EBAY Auction letter= ᆾ 748 google ᆻ= 765 google etc.

Some of these Korean on the auction get barely a few hundred. What is up with that?