PDA

View Full Version : New Topic Restrictions & Forum enhancement

Olney
7th February 2006, 02:04 PM
In the IDN Domains for Sales Category
Members are restricted to one new thread in 24 hours. This is not option the system won't let you post more than one thread in this category in 24 hours.

Also Double Post or bumping of threads will automatically merge threads together.

I've also added the options for members to buy sticky threads.
This is useful if you have a list of IDN Domains that you really want to be seen & sell.
The price is steep to discourage every member from posting their whole portfolio.

It's $10 a day for 7 days max

This option is available after you make a thread in the For Sale or For auction thread.
You can see it in the Thread Tools.

If there is any problem please post it here. If it's security sensitive PM me.

Oh I the server was slowed down by the Add Your Blog feature.
I believe I fixed it. If the site is still slow constantly I'll just remove it but the site should be back to normal now.

sarcle
7th February 2006, 02:06 PM
In the IDN Domains for Sales Category
Members are restricted to one new thread in 24 hours. This is not option the system won't let you post more than one thread in this category in 24 hours.

Also Double Post or bumping of threads will automatically merge threads together.

I've also added the options for members to buy sticky threads.
This is useful if you have a list of IDN Domains that you really want to be seen & sell.
The price is steep to discourage every member from posting their whole portfolio.

It's $10 a day for 7 days max

This option is available after you make a thread in the For Sale or For auction thread.
You can see it in the Thread Tools.

If there is any problem please post it here. If it's security sensitive PM me.

Oh I the server was slowed down by the Add Your Blog feature.
I believe I fixed it. If the site is still slow constantly I'll just remove it but the site should be back to normal now.

Sounds great Olney. Looking forward to the changes.

Olney
7th February 2006, 02:10 PM
The changes are already done. I just finished...

Rubber Duck
7th February 2006, 02:42 PM
The changes are already done. I just finished...

Well Done Olney, you are a star!

bramiozo
7th February 2006, 04:19 PM
I like the idea of those sticky's, I would however limit that to say 3-5 sticky's (and I would probably double the price....)

Edwin
7th February 2006, 08:33 PM
I like the idea of those sticky's, I would however limit that to say 3-5 sticky's (and I would probably double the price....)

I agree. 5 stickies max. Why not make it $25 a week or something rather than do it on a per-day basis. That way you could have $125 a week worth of stickies running...

thegenius1
7th February 2006, 09:47 PM
There are some problems with a thread i just submitted entilted Nano tech/ Blue Tooh..... its coming up 404

gammascalper
7th February 2006, 09:51 PM
There are some problems with a thread i just submitted entilted Nano tech/ Blue Tooh..... its coming up 404

Take a look at http://www.idnforums.com/forums/637-problem-with-backslashes-and-the-seo-module.html

Backslashes don't work in topic titles.

Olney
7th February 2006, 10:13 PM
Sorry the backlashes will be fixed soon. The programmer who made the modification for making the board more SEO friendly knows about it.

Also currently I can't limit the amount of sticky threads or the increase the time as a set or I would.
I set it at least at $10 a day so everyone doesn't put their whole list up every week. Also in that forum most members can only post one sale a day.

gammascalper
7th February 2006, 10:14 PM
Nice job with all the mods Olney.

jose
17th May 2006, 09:50 PM
About the merge, why do some posts from the same user get merged and others don't?

(and sorry for bumping an old thread)