PDA

View Full Version : Who are these people?

sarcle
20th October 2005, 10:49 PM
I have been registering some nice keywords in .com and net. in Japanese. I have noticed that checking the sites of the domains already taken lead to few owners. I have noticed that a few major domainers own a large swath of these domains. I am just trying to find out if anyone knows who these people are or can shed some light on them.

One major player is:
Netster.com A large majority of major IDN keyword .com's and net's forward to this domain.
Owner: PopularEnterprises LLC. They are located out of Tennessee.
Netster.com Alexa Ranking is an outstanding 665
Major Keywords Owned:警察.com (Police.com) フィルム.com(Film.com & .net) 飛行.com(Flight.com & .net)
ウェブ.com (Web.com & .net) Tons more.

value-domain.com
Alexa Ranking. 5,102 Impressive.
映像.net Picture.net Shows up for a ton more. To lazy to list all.

These owners show up repeatedly. Looks like they stand to make some serious cash when IDN's take off.
If anyone knows about them fill me in. Thanks.

gammascalper
21st October 2005, 06:33 PM
Netster is owned by Popular Enterprises LLC based in FL.

A search of "Netster" doesn't reveal much more than the many "how do I get rid of this toolbar"-type posts. From the many pages of those types of results, I gather that they have quite a large net presence.

They were also in the news a couple of years ago for suing Verisign for $100mm.

sarcle
21st October 2005, 08:53 PM
They were also in the news a couple of years ago for suing Verisign for $100mm.

That will buy you a few IDN's. Did they make any gravy?

Rubber Duck
22nd October 2005, 09:31 AM
Don't know about gravy, but it looks like whilst most are staring at the Traffic, these guys are doing Lunch. Who ate all the pies?

Rubber Duck
22nd October 2005, 12:39 PM
Yes and who are these people!

IDN Company LLC

They have registered:

本地.com Local in Chinese (Bendi is Google Local Search Name)
本地.net

Well I could help registering the dot CN.

Where the hell are Google! These are Generics so their chances of getting these names without paying highly are very low!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Rubber Duck
22nd October 2005, 12:54 PM
Yes and who are these people!

IDN Company LLC

They have registered:

本地.com Local in Chinese (Bendi is Google Local Search Name)
本地.net

Well I could help registering the dot CN.

Where the hell are Google! These are Generics so their chances of getting these names without paying highly are very low!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

They have also registered ローカル.com the Japanese version of local, but I think I have secured the dot JP!

sarcle
23rd October 2005, 04:25 AM
Looks like I'm always late to the buffet, all that's usually left is that weird yellow pudding. >:(