PDA

View Full Version : ND month to month traffic trends

touchring
26th December 2006, 03:15 AM
Hi, i've got a habit of comparing month to month traffic - could be easier if ND provides a charting capability. It will be good if we can work out an overall trend to IDNs.

Here's some of my stats (from Sept as i got lots of indexing spikes before that).

I'm starting with 100 pts for Sept (i've stopped the bulk of my registration sometime in July. For index volatile Arabics, i stopped since May.)

Views (as a ratio of 100 points) / Avg CTR / Avg PPC

1st to 25th Sept - 100 / 39% / 9 cents
1st to 25th Oct - 106 / 35% / 8 cents
1st to 25th Nov - 114 / 36% / 7 cents
1st to 25th Dec - 134 / 34% / 7 cents

Please contribute if you can.

Important note: If you got a indexing related surge 2 weeks or so after registering names, particularly so for Arabic, Vietnamese, and Thai, pls try and omit those as they are not representative of longer term trend. You may also exclude names with big fluctuations.

yanni
26th December 2006, 04:53 AM
Ok, I'll go next.
I assume the December views percentage is compared to that of September's; correct?

1st to 25th Sept - 100 / 26% / 11 cents
1st to 25th Oct - 119 / 27% / 11 cents
1st to 25th Nov - 146 / 25% / 9 cents
1st to 25th Dec - 177 / 24% / 9 cents

To be more accurate, my views percentage increase is somewhat skewed by the addition of new domains in my ND account ( I still haven't parked all my domains), so these increases should probably be down by 10% for the months of November and December.
Still a healthy increase in views and IE7 AU is not out yet. And, if it wasn't for touchring's post, I wouldn't have noticed.

But I'm jealous of your CT Rates, Touch.

touchring
26th December 2006, 05:14 AM
But I'm jealous of your CT Rates, Touch.

The CTR is pulled up by Arabics and latins. Japanese, Russian got lower CTR.

On the whole, our stats are very similar, rising views, and gradually declining PPC and CTR.

yanni
26th December 2006, 05:24 AM
Yea, that goes without saying: more views=lower ctr and ppc.
Holds true in ascii as well.

touchring
26th December 2006, 05:38 AM
Yea, that goes without saying: more views=lower ctr and ppc.
Holds true in ascii as well.

That's funny. Has anyone tried domainsponsor? Will PPC be better?

Rubber Duck
26th December 2006, 05:49 AM
Due to the vast amount of moaning about SEDO at DNF, I think it is reasonable to assume that the problems are not at ND, but further up the food chain.

What we need is serious competition in the "Adwords" and "Adsense" markets. Mercifully, competition to Google in the PPC markets appears to be slowly emerging, particularly in some markets where they are not dominant.

touchring
26th December 2006, 06:26 AM
Mercifully, competition to Google in the PPC markets appears to be slowly emerging, particularly in some markets where they are not dominant.

This remains to be seen.