PDA

View Full Version : why do .nets receive type-in traffic?

27th December 2006, 07:29 PM
I just registered a ASCII .net a couple days ago and I'm seeing alot of traffic per day to the site, I put up some links to the site on my own network but then I decided to just scrape it and parked it on namedrive. I really don't think it has much to do with the links on my network because, quite frankly, I don't receive that much traffic to see a consistent number of visitors following the link from my hub.

Of course the .com gets hundreds of searches per day, but is also a parked domain.

So, are there really people out there putting a .net on their type-ins? Do they see the .com is no good so they try the .net alternative or what?

Rubber Duck
27th December 2006, 07:46 PM
Probably just foreigners, all Americans are programmed at birth to type dot com.

I just registered a ASCII .net a couple days ago and I'm seeing alot of traffic per day to the site, I put up some links to the site on my own network but then I decided to just scrape it and parked it on namedrive. I really don't think it has much to do with the links on my network because, quite frankly, I don't receive that much traffic to see a consistent number of visitors following the link from my hub.

Of course the .com gets hundreds of searches per day, but is also a parked domain.

So, are there really people out there putting a .net on their type-ins? Do they see the .com is no good so they try the .net alternative or what?

g
27th December 2006, 08:19 PM
it is sometimes very hard to know where the traffic is coming from ... especially if there is significant increase in traffic to one name and you would like to know if you are receiving a typo traffic or not