View Full Version : 中國民生銀行.com $35

ca191s
29th December 2006, 05:54 AM
中國民生銀行.com xn--fiQz9SllS6iIk8X0sN.com - Traditional Chinese

ENOM

paypal

bwhhisc
29th December 2006, 11:00 AM
Cal, you should put in the English translation, not many that can read Chinese here.

zenmarketing
29th December 2006, 04:21 PM
Do you think there is a trademark issue with this domain?

This is a famous bank in (mainland) China.

Joe

Drewbert
29th December 2006, 06:22 PM
Yeah.

I was looking at that one coming up and decided against it.

Welcome to the forums Joe.

Does your CC program handle foreign stuff or is it USA based stuff only?

Cheers,

touchring
29th December 2006, 06:43 PM
Yeah.

I was looking at that one coming up and decided against it.

Welcome to the forums Joe.

Does your CC program handle foreign stuff or is it USA based stuff only?

Cheers,

Look carefully, that's the traditional version that is on sale, not the drop. :)

Drewbert
29th December 2006, 06:58 PM
Whoops! Yes. Failed to spot that.

zenmarketing
29th December 2006, 10:51 PM
Yeah, that's how I noticed this thread.

I am the one who got the (simplified) drop -- 中国民生银行.com. Not sure what I'm going to do with it or what the issues are surrounding owning that type of name in the Chinese market, but it's not for sale.

I guess ca191s noticed that drop and reg'd the traditional form, then came here to sell it.

I am holding onto the simplified form for now before I decide what to do with it.

I'm pretty new to domaining. I missed the early ascii dot-com days and have basically ignored the ascii market because I was never interested in sub-prime names. Beacuse of that, I always pretty much ignored the domaining market. I

saw people buying and selling what seemed to be horrible names at outrageous prices, and I didn't really "get it." I thought I was missing something, but now, in large part because of the viewpoints I've seen expressed on this forum, I see that it has all pretty much been a farce in the ascii domain world for quite some time now.

But now with IDN, I see the huge potential, and I love the fact that great names can still be gotten for low prices. I have some first-hand knowledge with the Chinese market because I spent some time there over the last few years.

I think the main thing holding back e-commerce in China is the fact that most Chinese consumers do not have credit cards or other easy means of spending money online.

As I think Drewbert noticed (did you research my company name?), my other main business right now is a credit card affiliate program that caters to the American market. We also offer some Canadian and UK cards but not much else in terms of foreign traffic.

Hopefully as China opens up and the e-commerce market develops a little better, there will be more in terms of affiliate programs and ways to monetize Chinese traffic.

I'm very interested in Chinese banking and finance related domain names, so if anybody has any of those, I'm open to buying them at a good price.

ca191s
30th December 2006, 03:16 AM
I have the good financial aspect the domain name, I sell it!

投资理财.com (Investment and finance) - Simplified Chinese - $4800

网上贷款.com (On-line loan) - Simplified Chinese - $3000