PDA

View Full Version : russian word stats bulk check

filmlion
4th January 2007, 11:36 PM
is there any tool, soft, script or site - where you can the yandex wordstats in bulk - because it's very inconvenient to check each word one by one - i just want to upload the list of many many words and see their monthly search volumes (no keyword suggestions, just stats.)
the one from idntool works real slow and also i was told that it's not always accurate.

do you any resource for this? thanks.

bwhhisc
5th January 2007, 02:22 AM
is there any tool, soft, script or site - where you can the yandex wordstats in bulk - because it's very inconvenient to check each word one by one - i just want to upload the list of many many words and see their monthly search volumes (no keyword suggestions, just stats.)
the one from idntool works real slow and also i was told that it's not always accurate. do you any resource for this? thanks.

The Japanese ovt is also not accurate in bulk checks. Many times give false 0's.

Best to run both max ovt for term, and also ovt for the individual "term".
The max ovt in my experience tends to be more accurate, and can sometimes point up the ones worth a second check more closely.

filmlion
5th January 2007, 03:01 AM
i talk about yandex wordstats - others are less important.

overture is not so important for russian market - yandex is valuable - that's why i need a good bulk checker for search volumes that can check hundreds, thousands of words for popularity without problems and accurately - if someone knows this tool -let me know please!

5th January 2007, 03:10 AM
Not existing to the best of my knoweldge

filmlion
5th January 2007, 04:09 AM
damn, thought so...

bramiozo
5th January 2007, 08:45 AM
A) if you have problems with idntools, you contact the admin, that would be me
B) Yandex displays the most similar word on top, I by default use this top term because it seems that singular/plural are interchanged (фильм for instance)
should I require it to find the exact solution and discriminate between the max result and the term result ?
C) if the yandex tool is slow, yandex is slow, but I agree that the short loading of yandex is not reflected in the speed of the bulktool, I'll take a look at that

A different solution for B) might by to change the color of the result if it's not equal, say red ?

The Japanese ovt is also not accurate in bulk checks. Many times give false 0's.

Best to run both max ovt for term, and also ovt for the individual "term".
The max ovt in my experience tends to be more accurate, and can sometimes point up the ones worth a second check more closely.

Bill, you mean false zeros for both max and term ?

bwhhisc
5th January 2007, 12:06 PM
Bill, you mean false zeros for both max and term ?

False 0 for the term, max seemed to do fine. We ran most of the lists last April, maybe 15,000-20,000 words so had a pretty good sample. Actually max ovt pointed the direction to many other good terms and combinations for keywords.

JP ovt has been out much of last week it seems, not working at all today.
It does come on sporadically, but then cuts back out for periods. Anyone else seeing the same?

bramiozo
5th January 2007, 02:07 PM
When you say yes there is max ovt. but no term ovt do you speak of the present ?

In the beginning of 2006 I ran 7-8 overture terms per second when I updated the droplist, now it's down to half a term per second... I don't know why but I presume things are much better if you're actually a yahoo advertiser ?

bwhhisc
5th January 2007, 05:13 PM
When you say yes there is max ovt. but no term ovt do you speak of the present ?

In the beginning of 2006 I ran 7-8 overture terms per second when I updated the droplist, now it's down to half a term per second... I don't know why but I presume things are much better if you're actually a yahoo advertiser ?

For the last couple of days (I have not checked today) I can not get either any response for either MAX or TERM to display anything but 0's.

Note that JP ovt, via IDNF, or DNF links are only sporadic. I think it is a problem at yahoo. The US ovt was out last night as well.

bramiozo
5th January 2007, 05:54 PM
Let's see if things improve in a week.

Maybe I'll just have to start using proxies...

bwhhisc
5th January 2007, 06:43 PM
Let's see if things improve in a week.
Maybe I'll just have to start using proxies...

Not able to get onto either ovt or bidtool today.
I have tried accessing both my MD and Firefox with no luck.

Can get google trends and total "pages" scores, and conversions work so it seems that it might be a problem at yahoo.

HOPEFULLY....just overload at yahoo from all the new IDNers checking terms :)

filmlion
5th January 2007, 07:36 PM
bramiozo - i have many suggestions for your tool - for checking russian idn-s - if it works real well with lots of bulk checks - i am ok (i am sure i wouldn't be alone in it) to pay a fee to access this version of the tool. when i have time, i'll write more on the suggestions. - i think the most important is yandex as it the most popular SE in russia, than google and rambler search volumes if possible - # of pages doesn't hurt too. only exacts of course or with variations and their volumes in different colors, google trends wouldn't heard; if you could add keyword suggestions for the word but only with say 100k and over volumes - that would be real cool - anyway, sorry for the messed message, but i hope you've got my point. sometimes the generic term checker tool doen't work at all - i think when i try about 50 terms at once... or is really too slow to wait... for me only the search volumes are important - all else i can find by other means.

guys, why do you consider overture with russian names? yahoo is not popular in russia as a search engine at all.

bramiozo
6th January 2007, 01:08 PM
I can do something with keyword suggestions from yandex, the history of the searches, maybe I can do something with the google adwords tools, I don't know where I should get google or rambler search volumes though ?

I might add a fee for using the bulktools wíth proxies, that's certainly a good idea.

bwhhisc
6th January 2007, 03:22 PM
idntools.net bulk OVT for JP is back up and working this morning (Saturday)
Thanks Bram :)

bramiozo
6th January 2007, 03:55 PM
Overture is going up and down, you're in the up I guess :) .

Yandex doesn't seem to be working, it blocks me out every 50 checks or so...

mulligan
6th January 2007, 04:03 PM
I cant seem to get past the first page of drops lately, sometimes cant get to the first page and have problems loggin in, sends me in a loop or something.

bwhhisc
6th January 2007, 04:06 PM
Overture is going up and down, you're in the up I guess :) .
Yandex doesn't seem to be working, it blocks me out every 50 checks or so...

Yup, that time to take a good look thru lists of upcoming "renewals"

rhys
6th January 2007, 04:34 PM
I have found JP OVT to be extremely slow for the past 3 months at least. I'd say once out of every 8 tries results actually pop up. It's quite frustrating. What's up with Yahoo?

bwhhisc
6th January 2007, 05:46 PM
I have found JP OVT to be extremely slow for the past 3 months at least. I'd say once out of every 8 tries results actually pop up. It's quite frustrating. What's up with Yahoo?

The problem is almost exclusively at yahoo, not with idntools.
Most times when it won't come up thru idntools.net, it won't come up at all.
And agreed, it is running really slow.

filmlion
6th January 2007, 06:57 PM
'd strongly suggest to use proxies for yandex wordstats - and wait for each check to be done (yandex also is down too often, about every 20th check) - this tool would be really great!. :)

bramiozo
6th January 2007, 07:35 PM
For what it's worth, the results for yandex will be red if the terms don't match.

I'll have to implement the proxy-solution at some point, will start on it next month because I am pretty much tied up at the moment.

I cant seem to get past the first page of drops lately, sometimes cant get to the first page and have problems loggin in, sends me in a loop or something.

Sometimes the server may lag of course, the host may receive peek traffic at that time although it shouldn't matter. At what hour does this occur?

filmlion
7th January 2007, 12:35 AM
thanks, please keep us posted, bramiozo - generally, i think your tools are great and quite useful!