PDA

View Full Version : .mobi names being unlocked

bwhhisc
7th January 2007, 10:56 AM
A bit of "breaking news"... on the controvercial .mobi

http://www.domainnews.com/general/1820070103/mobi-names-will-be-unlocked/

sarcle
7th January 2007, 04:06 PM
Hm... that's weird. Am I wrong on the date? They still show them being locked for me. Today is the 7th correct? Considering FURCSAVIDEO.mobi is still locked and on the premium domain list. I have to ask WTF is FURCSAVIDEO anyways? The .com is available. Why would this be on the reserved list? The other one that's weird is funnyvizual.mobi? What is that? .com is available again. .mobi what a joke.

bwhhisc
7th January 2007, 06:27 PM
Hm... that's weird. Am I wrong on the date? They still show them being locked for me. Today is the 7th correct? Considering FURCSAVIDEO.mobi is still locked and on the premium domain list. I have to ask WTF is FURCSAVIDEO anyways? The .com is available. Why would this be on the reserved list? The other one that's weird is funnyvizual.mobi? What is that? .com is available again. .mobi what a joke.

A "furcsa" is a Hungarian word with 2.5 million google score, but I don't know what it means.
I guess they were trying to be PC to all nations. ha

sarcle
7th January 2007, 07:04 PM
A "furcsa" is a Hungarian word with 2.5 million google score, but I don't know what it means.
I guess they were trying to be PC to all nations. ha

Here's what I found it to mean according to sztaki.hu

bizarre cockeyed comical curious dorky eccentric extraordinary fanciful freakish freaky funny grotesque kooky odd oddish outlandish peculiar quaint queer quizzical rum singular strange unusual way-out wayout weird whimsical

Even though "furcsa" itself has no google trends. And again is still available in the .com

furcsa.com itself wasn't even registered until 9-9-06. Probably after they saw the "premium" .mobi list hoping for a demand.

bwhhisc
7th January 2007, 07:49 PM
Here's what I found it to mean according to sztaki.hu

bizarre cockeyed comical curious dorky eccentric extraordinary fanciful freakish freaky funny grotesque kooky odd oddish outlandish peculiar quaint queer quizzical rum singular strange unusual way-out wayout weird whimsical

Even though "furcsa" itself has no google trends. And again is still available in the .com

furcsa.com itself wasn't even registered until 9-9-06. Probably after they saw the "premium" .mobi list hoping for a demand.

I guess it was very furcsa is got on the list in the first place!

touchring
7th January 2007, 07:53 PM
Sounds funny, but did u check if the ascii version of your idn is available?