PDA

View Full Version : Call for a Ban for Dabsi

Rubber Duck
7th January 2007, 05:40 PM
In view of the fact that Dabsi has made damaging and false accusations that I am running multiple personalities in this and other forums, and appears unwilling to retract this statement, and because this forms part of a long and ongoing pattern of behaviour, I feel I have no choice but to ask that he be permanently banned from the forum.

blastfromthepast
7th January 2007, 05:42 PM
Leave Dabsi alone, and Dabsi will leave you alone. Works?

Rubber Duck
7th January 2007, 05:45 PM
Leave Dabsi alone, and Dabsi will leave you alone. Works?

Not for me it doesn't. I have put up with quite enough. This goes well beyond freedom of expression.

His allegations on here are libellous, and frankly if Craig is not prepared to do something about it then Craig is in law equally guilty.

thegenius1
7th January 2007, 05:55 PM
His allegations on here are libellous, and frankly if Craig is not prepared to do something about it then Craig is in law equally guilty.

Time for POPCORN !

alpha
7th January 2007, 05:59 PM
I voted No for two reasons.

1) Dabsi might be a tit, but he is good entertainment value

2) You have to do far worse to get kicked out of here anyhow, it would seem a waste of a vote to vote yes

domainguru
7th January 2007, 06:01 PM
Not for me it doesn't. I have put up with quite enough. This goes well beyond freedom of expression.

What are these allegations?

Rubber Duck
7th January 2007, 06:03 PM
What are these allegations?

I have been accused here of running multiple identities which is an outright lie.

domainguru
7th January 2007, 06:07 PM
I have been accused here of running multiple identities which is an out lie.

Does anyone take Dabsi seriously? And I thought in your spat with Rick at DNF you were championing "freedom of expression" to say whatever you wanted?

And besides, everyone knows you post so much under your "RD" identity you couldn't possibly have time to post under other identities as well :)

Rubber Duck
7th January 2007, 06:25 PM
Does anyone take Dabsi seriously? And I thought in your spat with Rick at DNF you were championing "freedom of expression" to say whatever you wanted?

And besides, everyone knows you post so much under your "RD" identity you couldn't possibly have time to post under other identities as well :)

I champion the right to freedom of speech. That doesn't extend to making false allegations.

Drewbert
7th January 2007, 06:28 PM
Take a chill pill, dude!

Who is dabis anyway?

sarcle
7th January 2007, 06:29 PM
1) Dabsi might be a tit, but he is good entertainment value

2) You have to do far worse to get kicked out of here anyhow, it would seem a waste of a vote to vote yes

I myself was thinking of a t word but it has four letters but also ends with a t. :)

Well, Dabsi himself was caught red handed running multiple identities. He has made allegations that RD is a scammer and a drunk. While we all know RD isn't a scammer the second would hold up as libel since I personally don't know him.

blastfromthepast
7th January 2007, 06:29 PM
I champion the right to freedom of speech. That doesn't extend to making false allegations.

"If you believe in freedom of speech, you believe in freedom of speech for views you don't like. Goebbels was in favor of freedom of speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you're in favor of freedom of speech, that means you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise." Noam Chomsky.

Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media, 1992.

touchring
7th January 2007, 06:32 PM
Let the forum owner decide.

alpha
7th January 2007, 06:33 PM
I myself was thinking of a t word but it has four letters but also ends with a t. :)

Well, Dabsi himself was caught red handed running multiple identities. He has made allegations that RD is a scammer and a drunk. While we all know RD isn't a scammer the second would hold up as libel since I personally don't know him.

I can't imagine what word you are referring to :rolleyes: http://www.idnforums.com/forums/23557-post13.html

Rubber Duck
7th January 2007, 06:33 PM
"If you believe in freedom of speech, you believe in freedom of speech for views you don't like. Goebbels was in favor of freedom of speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you're in favor of freedom of speech, that means you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise." Noam Chomsky.

Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media, 1992.

There is very distinct difference between expression opions in a free and democratic manner, to make damaging and false allegations. I surprised Blast that you are not able to draw that distinction.

Drewbert
7th January 2007, 06:34 PM
Let's just ban all the moonies.

Rubber Duck
7th January 2007, 06:38 PM

Frankly, I have always been against banning people. I have constantly resisted bannings both here and at DNlocal, ask Alpha, but I think enough is enough. The little bastard hasn't even got the decency to reply let alone retract.

sarcle
7th January 2007, 06:38 PM
I can't imagine what word you are referring to :rolleyes: http://www.idnforums.com/forums/23557-post13.html

Precisely :p

bramiozo
7th January 2007, 06:41 PM

"The term Moonies is a derogatory term for members of Sun Myung Moon's Unification Movement."

wikipedia

alpha
7th January 2007, 06:41 PM

here-here

Rubber Duck
7th January 2007, 06:43 PM
"The term Moonies is a derogatory term for members of Sun Myung Moon's Unification Movement."

wikipedia

Yes, I was fully aware of that. I found it a bit bizzarre being accused of being a member of a cult by Rick. Seemed a bit like the pot calling the kettle!

blastfromthepast
7th January 2007, 06:48 PM
There is very distinct difference between expression opions in a free and democratic manner, to make damaging and false allegations. I surprised Blast that you are not able to draw that distinction.

Freedom of speech is not free if you start drawing distinctions. Either you are for free speech, or you are for restrictions on speech and draw distinctions.

You are for is banning speech that is "damaging and is false allegations". That means you are not for free speech.

It is very simple. You can't have it both ways. As soon as you put up restrictions on speech, it stops being free speech.

Rubber Duck
7th January 2007, 06:51 PM
Freedom of speech is not free if you start drawing distinctions. Either you are for free speech, or you are for restrictions on speech and draw distinctions.

Well Craig must be a true believer because he lets seems to let anyone get away, with anything, except when they insult him directly of course!

touchring
7th January 2007, 07:52 PM
Take a chill pill, dude!

Who is dabis anyway?

This winter must be a hot one, perhaps the atlantic streams have reversed course as they had predicted in The World After Tomorrow. But the mercury looks ok for most of asia though, except for the extreme rain condition in south east asia and parts of australia.. :p

Giant
7th January 2007, 08:10 PM
If Dabsi fails to provide proof for his accusation, he should be banned. False accusation like this is serious, it's not entertaining, we should deal with it seriously.

A person cannot control his mouth is a person that worths NOTHING!

jose
7th January 2007, 08:49 PM
I have been accused here of running multiple identities which is an outright lie.

Craig should get out of the shadow and have a say on this. Forum admin has access to this info. Unless RD had used a different browser (or deleted the cookies) and a proxy each time he posted on a diferent identitie, and even like that, there are still ways to trace the truth.

seamo
7th January 2007, 09:08 PM
Thread closed.

Point made by RD.