PDA

View Full Version : What % of your IDN Reg Fees did you earn in PPC in 2006?

bwhhisc
8th January 2007, 01:07 AM
A poll about IDN and PPC statistics, this is for 2006. January to December. You can "prorate" if you reg'd mid year etc.

Anyone willing to share any 2006 Jan-December screenshots or other data are welcome.

touchring
8th January 2007, 01:18 AM
Folder Revenue Views Clicks CTR Avg PPC RPM Domains
Folder Totals US$ 4622.48 147763 54143 % 36.64 US$ 0.09 US$ 31.28 820

This is for 1st June 06 to 31st Dec 06, ND. Adsense and SC excluded.

Based on ND, 1.6 times reg fee of $6.99.

Note: Average ND rev has decreased a lot due to SERP related PPC hikes in June to August period. Suggest better to use just Dec PPC as measure instead for long term PPC.

bwhhisc
8th January 2007, 02:01 AM
Folder Revenue Views Clicks CTR Avg PPC RPM Domains
Folder Totals US$ 4622.48 147763 54143 % 36.64 US$ 0.09 US$ 31.28 820

This is for 1st June 06 to 31st Dec 06, ND. Adsense and SC excluded.
Based on ND, 1.6 times reg fee of $6.99.
Note: Average ND rev has decreased a lot due to SERP related PPC hikes in June to August period. Suggest better to use just Dec PPC as measure instead for long term PPC.

Thanks for posting that, nice job. Can't imagine the increases when browsers gain some real market share!
How do your City domains do?
How about .nets, any of those performing well?

yanni
8th January 2007, 02:18 AM
I was a bit over 10% from ppc earnings.

touchring
8th January 2007, 02:31 AM
Thanks for posting that, nice job. Can't imagine the increases when browsers gain some real market share!
How do your City domains do?
How about .nets, any of those performing well?

I estimate that about 70 to 80% of my revenue comes from SERP as opposed to type ins, so increase in browser share will lead to a less than linear increase in PPC, but nevertheless significant still.

.nets don't really do that well in terms of PPC, i think not more than 5% the performance of the equivalent dot com, unless there is some ascii equivalent .net site.

Big cities do get some views per month, but not the kind which adds to PPC. Top keywords like sex, download, chat, music, games, etc, will perform better than city names, and should get several hundred type-in a month for major languages.

Development and adsense can increase traffic significantly to tremendously for some names apparently, but i've not got enough stats to know what kind of name score better, maybe Blast can share his findings. :)

markits
8th January 2007, 04:09 AM
Less than 10% of my total PPC rev went to reg all my idns,

My idn ppc rev equals to about 10% of my idn reg fee.

Olney
8th January 2007, 06:24 AM
I believe I'm earning more in Adsense now than my best month with Parking
I have about 20 minisites developed versus 600 that was parked.
But last year I think I only made 10% of what my yearly registration fees are going to be.

burnsinternet
8th January 2007, 06:27 AM
Seems like that is the way to go. If my Japanese parking doesn't pick up, I'll need to learn Japanese to create mini-sites. :eek:

rhys
8th January 2007, 06:28 AM
I'm less than 10% as well for the year because I was so busy regging until june or so that i didn't even bother parking much less development. If I prorate myself, I'm in the next bucket up.

burnsinternet
8th January 2007, 06:47 AM
I have been regging all along since 2005, but didn't park anything until May 2006. It would be too tough to go back and prorate. After selling off a bit of ASCII, at least my IDNs are now firmly in first place in PPC.

Of course, I can't wait to compare the two in developed sites! That will be fun!

bwhhisc
8th January 2007, 12:32 PM
Less than 10% of my total PPC rev went to reg all my idns,
My idn ppc rev equals to about 10% of my idn reg fee.

Are you mostly registering Chinese idns?

markits
8th January 2007, 12:49 PM
I mostly reg Chinese and Japanese domains. However, most of them are not parked.

I also reg quite a few in EU languages. My top type in idn domain is a French one, about 400 daily UVs and $45 monthly rev.

touchring
10th January 2007, 06:03 AM
Many here have advocated stats contribution, some even talked about stats by domain, but when the time comes to actual contribution, mysteriously, the advocates disappear.

Talking is easy, but doing is difficult.

It's only aggregate stats, come on, you won't leak out any strategic info that way. And if you not want to reveal stats, at least bid on the anonymous poll so we can get a complete picture. :)

Fka200
10th January 2007, 06:56 AM
Many here have advocated stats contribution, some even talked about stats by domain, but when the time comes to actual contribution, mysteriously, the advocates disappear.

Talking is easy, but doing is difficult.

It's only aggregate stats, come on, you won't leak out any strategic info that way. And if you not want to reveal stats, at least bid on the anonymous poll so we can get a complete picture. :)

I would love to participate in these sorts of polls and such and talk about whats going on, but the problem is my information is EXTREMELY skewed at the moment, nothing is 100% and its just all a bunch of tweaking and checking. My only conclusion: traffic seems to be picking up a little.

The hope for me was never in IE7, but in Vista. I'm hoping the languages come pre-configured in IE7 for a specific Vista language. We shall see ;)

touchring
10th January 2007, 08:47 AM
I would love to participate in these sorts of polls and such and talk about whats going on, but the problem is my information is EXTREMELY skewed at the moment, nothing is 100% and its just all a bunch of tweaking and checking.

For ND, if your names have been parked for at least 6 months, the traffic and PPC should be consistent and made up of natural type-in plus flow over from search engine - if indexed. Google sandbox lasts about 3 to 4 months, so by the time you get to the 6th month, the index should be stable.

The longer the names are parked, the more accurate the stats.

yanni
10th January 2007, 08:43 PM
I also reg quite a few in EU languages. My top type in idn domain is a French one, about 400 daily UVs and $45 monthly rev.

Are you sure it's Daily UV's? Or is it monthly?

microidn
10th January 2007, 10:48 PM
I have parked doman for 4 months. I expect that the range is from 0~500% for different domains with 15~20% on avarage.

Fka200
10th January 2007, 11:47 PM
For ND, if your names have been parked for at least 6 months, the traffic and PPC should be consistent and made up of natural type-in plus flow over from search engine - if indexed. Google sandbox lasts about 3 to 4 months, so by the time you get to the 6th month, the index should be stable.

The longer the names are parked, the more accurate the stats.

I had some very good names parked at ND for 1 month, Parked at Sedo for another, Parked at ND another, mini site test with adsense, then back at ND.... but i will check some names that I haven't touched, and will post some details.

touchring
10th January 2007, 11:50 PM
I had some very good names parked at ND for 1 month, Parked at Sedo for another, Parked at ND another, mini site test with adsense, then back at ND.... but i will check some names that I haven't touched, and will post some details.

Interesting, can you tell us what's the difference? btw, if the name got penalized by google, it might take more than 1 mth as a minisite to get reindexed.