PDA

View Full Version : collapse?

markits
9th January 2007, 12:42 AM
I noticed a big surge in performance of Japanese IDN in the new year, both in daily uniques and click rates. However, there are sudden increase of sale attempts here for low low prices. Are people losing confidence in JP idns?

touchring
9th January 2007, 12:44 AM
I noticed a big surge in performance of Japanese IDN in the new year, both in daily uniques and click rates. However, there are sudden increase of sale attempts here for low low prices. Are people losing confidence in JP idns?

Why? I think ppl are selling to raise funds for renewals.

Olney
9th January 2007, 12:47 AM
I think it's renewal sales too. Also there's plenty of markets to invest in.

bwhhisc
9th January 2007, 01:14 AM
I think ppl are selling to raise funds for renewals.

Very much agree. This was predicted last year so not surprising.
I think the "drop lists" will grow also as low quality and bad regs are not renewed.

xxbossmanxx
9th January 2007, 03:06 AM
These names are here to stay. Anything good will have a nice value. It's looking like only 1 or 2 more years to go IMO

touchring
9th January 2007, 04:57 AM
I think it's renewal sales too. Also there's plenty of markets to invest in.

You mean like drops?

sarcle
9th January 2007, 05:12 AM

No, this was predicted last year at this time. I myself am guilty of using the shotgun approach to nail anything and everything that got in my path.

Now that many of us have a better grip on how to use the tools and the information at our fingertips we can "hone in" on what we really want and don't want.

I think as many suggested already most are now redefining their portfolios and either dropping their trash or trying making to make renewals for their better terms.

It's seems to me from the developed sites so far that the extensions aren't causing the high rankings themselves it's the keywords that play the majority of the role. At least it seems that way in the case of yahoo.co.jp. Where it really matters most anyways.

xxbossmanxx
9th January 2007, 06:56 AM
Domains names that contain the keyward get ranked very high. I have hit #1 with several of my attempts.

rhys
9th January 2007, 07:40 AM
I am more confident now than ever! I have already renewed all .jp domains for the year without letting a single drop. I am likely to be more discriminating with my .com and .net portfolio though since some are duplicates of my .jp. Momma always said, "you can be a pig not a hog!"

Prodigy
9th January 2007, 09:40 AM
I've registered about 50 Japanese generic names .jp and .net within the last 5day, so to me, it is not a matter of faith in Japanese IDNS... I still think that this country will be the fastest to adopt IDNs within the next year.

I'm keeping my .jp because thats where I feel the money will be, but will flip the .nets for instant gratification simply because its a good opportunity.

Maybe others are feeling the same way.