PDA

View Full Version : IDN.IDN by Answers.com

bwhhisc
9th January 2007, 01:22 AM
I came across this with a bit of info that might be worth reading for some of the newer members just getting into IDNs.

http://www.answers.com/topic/idn-idn

petrosc
9th January 2007, 01:27 AM
thanks for sharing mate

markits
9th January 2007, 01:41 AM
Bill
Was that you regged שלום.com/net? I checked and found they were available. When I tried to pay the reg fee, the domains became unavailable. Whois showed that they are just regged.
שלום is the hebrew ext "to talk" from your link.

touchring
9th January 2007, 01:50 AM
How are they going to implement this when the chinese are already using .gongsi? btw, who wrote this article?

* Chinese:
o .中国 : .cn
o .公司 : .com
o .网络 : .net

* Korean:
o .한국 : .kr
o .회사 : .com
o .기관 : .org
o .통신 : .communication
o .컴 : .computer

* Japanese:
o .日本 : .jp

* Russian:
o .КОМ : .com
o .НЕТ : .net
o .ОРГ : .org

* Hebrew:
o קום : .com
o נט : .net
o ארג : .org

bwhhisc
9th January 2007, 03:08 AM
Bill
Was that you regged שלום.com/net? I checked and found they were available. When I tried to pay the reg fee, the domains became unavailable. Whois showed that they are just regged.

Much have been a glitch, I see 2 different IDNF forum members in the who.is for .com and .net.

Guessing the .com was picked up in a drop earlier this year.
The .net shows reg'd since 2001.

sarcle
9th January 2007, 03:13 AM
Bill

That's another big domainer on this board. One of the original ASCII boys. Blame him. :)

How are they going to implement this when the chinese are already using .gongsi? btw, who wrote this article?

Don't care. If they do implement
o .КОМ : .com
o .ОРГ : .org
for Russian Dname, Daddy is going to be one happy person. And by "Daddy" I mean me, although I'm not actually a father, just thought it sounded cool. Okay, I'm done.

markits
9th January 2007, 03:59 AM
Much have been a glitch, I see 2 different IDNF forum members in the who.is for .com and .net.

Guessing the .com was picked up in a drop earlier this year.
The .net shows reg'd since 2001.
My bad. The domains should be דפנה.com/net ("of me") which are regged 1-8-2007. I am sure they are regged after your post was viewed.

Charrua
9th January 2007, 08:13 PM
My bad. The domains should be דפנה.com/net ("of me") which are regged 1-8-2007. I am sure they are regged after your post was viewed.

Sorry, I have already registered these domains from the list, before you:

ארג.net

דבר.net

דפנה.com & .net

Thanks.:)

madcamel
12th January 2007, 08:51 PM
דפנה is a female name (Daphne in english), it's also a name of a plant.