PDA

View Full Version : Corporate America Asleep at the Wheel?

Rubber Duck
10th January 2007, 02:02 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6247371.stm

I wonder what Moodys will make of this? Not that Ford can be downgraded much further. I think the next one down is Lost Cause!

sarcle
10th January 2007, 04:46 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6247371.stm

I wonder what Moodys will make of this? Not that Ford can be downgraded much further. I think the next one down is Lost Cause!

he said that global warming was a far-off risk whose magnitude was uncertain.

the Bush administration proposed to put polar bears on a federal threatened species list

U.S. Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne has proposed officially declaring the polar bears "threatened" under the Endangered Species Act.

http://www.easternecho.com/cgi-bin/story.cgi?31566.

“Polar bear nears threatened status,” said the Bush administration decided to propose listing the polar bear as a threatened species under the Endangered Species Act. This essentially is an admission by the federal government that global warming exists. Rising temperatures in the Arctic are shrinking the sea ice that polar bears need for hunting. Northern latitudes are warming twice as rapidly as the rest of the Earth.

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=251530

Who's idea was it to begin exploration drilling in Alaska on Polar Bears natural habitats? Someone refresh my memory.

Rubber Duck
10th January 2007, 05:11 PM
The bottom line is the American consumer is appauled at the prospect of potentially massive hikes in fuel price.

The US Government cannot make serious inroads on carbon emissions without heavily taxing fuel. Even if they are not inclined to do it for the environment, they will probably have to do it to balance the books.

US consumers are voting with their feet and buying advance technology cars from the Japanese.

This lot are just like Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Rubber Duck
10th January 2007, 05:11 PM
The bottom line is the American consumer is appauled at the prospect of potentially massive hikes in fuel price.

The US Government cannot make serious inroads on carbon emissions without heavily taxing fuel. Even if they are not inclined to do it for the environment, they will probably have to do it to balance the books.

US consumers are voting with their feet and buying advance technology cars from the Japanese.

sarcle
10th January 2007, 05:26 PM

Well the American consumer is now realizing the full reality of this. As far as cars are concerned we aren't buying these SUVs and sports cars "en masse" like we used to and it's showing with the automobile maker's sales numbers.

If I had a million right now I'd be investing in hydrogen technology companies as this is a very viable solution to our dependence on fossil fuels and at the same time escapes the "global warming" issue altogether. But while Bush is in office this wont be a measure we will see. Thank god it's only a couple more years.

xxbossmanxx
10th January 2007, 06:11 PM
Americans and most of the world will continue to consume and not care about anything or anybody, it's ugly.

Who cares anout global warming when you can listen to your ipod? :)

Anybody watch the gore documentary?

touchring
10th January 2007, 10:17 PM

So, are they going to tax fuel? If yes, it will impact on oil prices and car maker stocks.