PDA

View Full Version : Closing Threads

Rubber Duck
11th January 2007, 09:04 AM
Genius has recently stirred up a whole hornets nest over one of his deals and the subsequent discussion raised a lot of issues that were being properly discussed.

The closing of the thread in my book was totally unwarranted and unhelpful. What was called for was an apology.

I was really annoyed that I was trying to address points raised in this thread and then it was closed, after I had spent 10 minutes typing.

Genius don't bother posting on any of my Sales or Auctions until you have cleared up your mess. For the time being you are personna non gratis.

Olney
11th January 2007, 09:11 AM
I closed it so I can try to resolve it between the two parties. (I believe both parties suggested that)
When members are saying that it makes another member looks bad I'm trying at least adhere to those & handle it privately.

I'm sorry you didn't get to post your reply but I am still during my workday here in Tokyo & didn't want this to be a long discussion. I wish it would have went to me first.

I've already PM'd both members.
What ever happens it can be resolved.

Rubber Duck
11th January 2007, 09:17 AM
Well in the specific instance there is nothing to resolve.

Mahi has legitimately sold the domain to someone else. It only requires Genius to stop bleating and apologise. I think this is a very poor PR job vis-a-vis new members.

In terms of getting the underlying issues resolved, we are no further forward as the constructive debate that ongoing in that regard was stamped on in an untimely manner.

thegenius1
11th January 2007, 09:20 AM
Well in the specific instance there is nothing to resolve.

Mahi has legitimately sold the domain to someone else. It only requires Genius to stop bleating and apologise. I think this is a very poor PR job vis-a-vis new members.

In terms of getting the underlying issues resolved, we are no further forward as the constructive debate that ongoing in that regard was stamped on in an untimely manner.

For one where was it ever posted the Domains got Sold ? This is news to my ears. Mahi and I decided to take this public duck.

Rubber Duck
11th January 2007, 09:23 AM
For one where was it ever posted the Domains got Sold ? This is news to my ears. Mahi and I decided to take this public duck.

You are telling me that Mahi actually agreed that you should attack him in public this way?

Michael comments indicate that he bought this and that appears to be Drewberts understanding. Neither you or the seller moved to contradict their statements. I think I am justified in believing the domain was sold.

thegenius1
11th January 2007, 09:24 AM
You are telling me that Mahi actually agreed that you should attack him in public this way?

Please read up Elizabeth is a woman

Rubber Duck
11th January 2007, 09:29 AM
Please read up Elizabeth is a woman

My apologies Elizabeth. The fact that Elizabeth is clearly a lady, makes your behavioiur all the more unacceptable.

This just underlines how difficult it is to follow discussions of this nature, when so many totally irrelevant and worthless arguments are being put forward.

mahi
11th January 2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks Rubberduck and everyone who participated in the discussion,

I'm ok with closing the thread, and luckily I can still read all your comments. Originally when genius proposed to "ask to ban" me by airing this in public, I said ok, but we can omit the names. But since genius chose to go the whole way with a rather misleading title, so be it.

I have not sold the domains to anyone else either, and that's not the reason I went back on the deal. Now genius might have already lined up buyers for them, that I do not have details of.

Rubber Duck
11th January 2007, 10:17 AM
Welcome to our community.

I see you are now rapidly building up trader ratings, so any unjustified damage to your reputation will hopefully be short lived.

thegenius1
11th January 2007, 10:18 AM
Thanks Rubberduck and everyone who participated in the discussion,

I'm ok with closing the thread, and luckily I can still read all your comments. Originally when genius proposed to "ask to ban" me by airing this in public, I said ok, but we can omit the names. But since genius chose to go the whole way with a rather misleading title, so be it.

Mahi i will say that i think this is a big mis understanding that hopefully we can work out and I do admit i was wrong for jumping the gun with the title. I think that we should have talked this out more professionaly behind closed doors before it got aired out on the forum. Posting your goverment name in the title is inapropriate and i have asked the admin to edit it and i do apologise for that.

mahi
11th January 2007, 10:23 AM
Mahi i will say that i think this is a big mis understanding that hopefully we can work out and I do admit i was wrong for jumping the gun with the title. I think that we should have talked this out more professionaly behind closed doors before it got aired out on the forum. Posting your goverment name in the title is inapropriate and i have asked the admin to edit it and i do apologise for that.

Apology accepted, let's bury it.

Rubber Duck
11th January 2007, 10:58 AM
I closed it so I can try to resolve it between the two parties. (I believe both parties suggested that)
When members are saying that it makes another member looks bad I'm trying at least adhere to those & handle it privately.

I'm sorry you didn't get to post your reply but I am still during my workday here in Tokyo & didn't want this to be a long discussion. I wish it would have went to me first.

I've already PM'd both members.
What ever happens it can be resolved.

So having got to the bottom of matters, can we expect some general guidance to avoid repetition of future incidents, which must be very disconcerting for new members?

sarcle
11th January 2007, 11:55 AM
Great to hear it's resolved.

All I know is mahi had some bad ass domains at bad ass prices. I for one am going to be watching her sales in the future. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

11th January 2007, 03:08 PM
Great, can i have my domain now?

jose
11th January 2007, 04:34 PM
Man, this thread made my day.

Rubber Duck stood up, solved the issue and reveals himslef as a real gentleman: "My apologies Elizabeth. The fact that Elizabeth is clearly a lady, makes your behavioiur all the more unacceptable."

You have to agree it's not everyday we see this on IDNF. What a difference a lady does in a man's world, lol.

So, to sum up: Rubber Duck is the hero, thegenius1 is forgiven, mahi is now famous and Olney should ask before closing threads.

11th January 2007, 06:02 PM
Great, can i have my domain now?

To whom it may concern...i just bought my domain again...maybe ill get to keep it this time :confused:

Thanks to both involved...and i hope lesson learned...

For the record , i did get my money back from TheGenius

Giant
11th January 2007, 07:08 PM
My apologies Elizabeth. The fact that Elizabeth is clearly a lady, makes your behavioiur all the more unacceptable.

What made you think Elizabeth is clearly a lady? The way she handled the dispute is very MAN. I really think so, I hope all gentlemen on this forum behave like her.