PDA

View Full Version : 40 days...

Edwin
9th February 2006, 08:20 AM
I just worked out that it's been 40 days since I started seriously working on IDNs. Seems longer somehow - guess time is compressed pretty vigorously when the competition's so fierce!

In the last 40 days, I've averaged about 23 registrations a day :)

Rubber Duck
9th February 2006, 08:34 AM
I just worked out that it's been 40 days since I started seriously working on IDNs. Seems longer somehow - guess time is compressed pretty vigorously when the competition's so fierce!

Yes, I think we have probably seen a similar expansion of the portfolio over that time frame, and I thought we were more or less fully invested. Things just seem to take on a momentum of their own.

I know of at least one other Newbie that has made similar numbers of aquisitions in that time frame, and suspect one or two of the old hands are picking up fairly broad portolios.

thegenius1
9th February 2006, 12:34 PM

You just sent me over the edge.... i gotta step my game up, 23 a day!!! what and the H e double Hockey stick Am i thinking

Olney
9th February 2006, 12:40 PM
Don't feel bad I think I'm averaging about 40 to 50 a month.
I only want high end IDN domains personally.

Rubber Duck
9th February 2006, 12:40 PM
You just sent me over the edge.... i gotta step my game up, 23 a day!!! what and the H e double Hockey stick Am i thinking

Yes, this is a landgrab! Those who have seen where this sort of thing leads are trying to shovel everything up as fast as they are able. Generally they know exactly what they are looking. The big problem is finding the local language counterpart or the script to express it. And being confident that they have got it right, at least once for each two registrations!

Don't feel bad I think I'm averaging about 40 to 50 a month.
I only want high end IDN domains personally.

Yes,

Value = Quanitity x Quality

However, we have been getting huge quantities of what I would see as very high grade generics, but mainly not in Japanese, which is getting to be a real tough market!

touchring
9th February 2006, 12:47 PM
Time indeed passes slowly when we are dumping money.

IDNCowboy
9th February 2006, 03:09 PM
Time indeed passes slowly when we are dumping money.
but dumping money can be so fun! especially on precious idn's ;-)

I hardly visit dnforum anymore lol

gammascalper
9th February 2006, 03:21 PM
but dumping money can be so fun! especially on precious idn's ;-)

I hardly visit dnforum anymore lol

Is it me, or is it really that slow at DNF?

thegenius1
9th February 2006, 03:59 PM
i used to be on namepros 24/7 now im on here 25/7.... We need a chatroom ASAP, whats the plans with that Onley ?

Olney
9th February 2006, 10:20 PM
I still visit the other sites but it's like here is new money
Less work & new money.
It would take trying to register a hundred domains to make what we are making off IDN domains.
& still get told something is just registration fee