PDA

View Full Version : Did we just kill Domainsite?

alex
9th February 2006, 10:22 AM
Just wondering...

Rubber Duck
9th February 2006, 10:24 AM
Just wondering...

Maybe, I have just been doing some account management!

drbiohealth
9th February 2006, 10:35 AM
Dave, indeed you would certainly require huge resources...:)

touchring
9th February 2006, 10:48 AM
I'm starting to get worried about my domains at DS, maybe i should keep a listing on XLS.

thegenius1
9th February 2006, 12:28 PM
I'm starting to get worried about my domains at DS, maybe i should keep a listing on XLS.

Last night was the first night in weeks i calld it a night early so i could get a fully energized days work.... could you enlighten me on what your concern is or whats going on whith D S thanks

Rubber Duck
9th February 2006, 12:36 PM

I don't think there is any real cause for concern but I would recommend that you keep a Master listing on a spreadsheet rather than relying entirely on the site to know what you have got. I find it very much more useful to list names on a spreadsheet. There is no facility online to include translation or other useful details.

I also have multiple accounts at Domainsite so that if anyone hacks into an account they don't get the lot. I also use the accounts to shunt things around so I can better manage the whole problem.

touchring
9th February 2006, 02:16 PM
Good idea, i am also thinking of that this week.

DS failed completely during yesterday's drop, too many people tried to bulk register at the same time.

Rubber Duck
9th February 2006, 02:18 PM
Good idea, i am also thinking of that this week.

DS failed completely during yesterday's drop, too many people tried to bulk register at the same time.

Last time I went on a drop I used Dotster.com

Dave

idnnow
10th February 2006, 06:35 AM
<<EDITED>>

touchring
10th February 2006, 12:22 PM
<<EDITED>>

About password security, the risk is more often your PC and not the internet, as in the risk of spyware on your PC capturing passwords.

idnnow
10th February 2006, 03:34 PM
About password security, the risk is more often your PC and not the internet, as in the risk of spyware on your PC capturing passwords.

Thanks, and you are right!

I am an experienced computer user, spyware can hardly get in my computers. I am using 3 computers with a switch box. I use one to surf the net, one to receive mails, and one to access domain or bank accounts. Whenever I type in my passwords, I always feel more comfortable if I know I am using SSL (https:// rather than http://).