PDA

View Full Version : Ctrl+Enter

filmlion
16th January 2007, 03:07 AM
promote it everywhere .com-idners - let everyone know that if they type-in the idn in their web browser they don't need to switch the keyboard, they just can press 2 buttons: ctrl+enter - and that's it - the browser will automatically add: www. in the beginning and .com in the end. and voila :) you are on the idn site.

this is supported by IE and Firefox, i presume by other less popular browsers too.

it's another benefit of registerring .com idn's. if you are still looking for great domains, check out these:
http://www.idnpros.com/showthread.php?t=17689
http://www.dnlocal.com/idn_auctions/%D0%A1%D0%BC%D1%8B%D1%81%D0%BBcom_russian_for_meaning_starting_bid_10-t1662.0.html
http://www.idnforums.com/forums/8554-%D0%92%D1%8B%D1%85%D0%BE%D0%B4-com-%28russian-for-exit%29-starting-bid-%2410-a.html

starting bid is just $10 - a little over the reg. fee - why not try to get these amazing domains? as a Russian native speaker and a professional SEO, I am telling you that these keywords are very good and worth much more than what you'll get them for.

go ahead, place your bids! get those great idn's. i need to fund more of what i found.

blastfromthepast
16th January 2007, 03:13 AM
It would make sense for you to find another way to fund domain registrations and purchases rather than try to resell domains with starting prices at $10 and try to get more.

There are specific reasons why some domains on here sell for $10-$20, and it has nothing to do with registering more domains.

touchring
16th January 2007, 03:18 AM
Huh? Ctrl+Enter, bidding? Which?

Btw, for firefox, there's no need to hit ctrl-enter, just type .com.

There are specific reasons why some domains on here sell for $10-$20, and it has nothing to do with registering more domains.

i see domains on DNF sold for $10-$20, even $5 all the tmie, practically a quarter of all names sold.

blastfromthepast
16th January 2007, 03:24 AM
i see domains on DNF sold for $10-$20, even $5 all the tmie, practically a quarter of all names sold.

The source of these lowball sales is:

1. Domainers from countries where salaries are low, out to make a quick buck, some every month.
2. Domainers with too many domains looking to focus their portfolio and looking for a refund on names they, relative to the rest of their collection, think are not worth holding.

There is also the phenomenon of new people entering the IDN world with cash who are fooling themselves into thinking they have skills and can beat out the market by registering more names, whereas in fact, they would be better served by spending a few thousand on the aftermarket buying several good names, or a handfull of medium quality names.

touchring
16th January 2007, 03:28 AM
I thought there will be a third and forth category. :)

3. Domainers selling names to get a higher profile.

4. Domainers with nothing better to do, selling names to kill time.

blastfromthepast
16th January 2007, 03:35 AM
Yeah, like Wot says, what do I care, I'm retired already!

my methods chosen. :)) i do believe in idn, but don't want to spend anything that i will be sorry for... no more than $500 per year, i guess. :) meanwhile, i still want to be sure, i'll have a good big portfolio when the time comes...

Иначе говоря, и рыбку съесть, и на хуй.com* сесть. If you are serious about something, would you spend just $500 on it?

*Простите, уже занят!

filmlion
16th January 2007, 04:38 AM
It would make sense for you to find another way to fund domain registrations and purchases rather than try to resell domains with starting prices at $10 and try to get more.

you are so judgmental... well, don't judge lest you be judged.
i would advise you to fund your domains by taking all that you have left from your paychecks for that. also, work some extratime and use those money too. as for me, i have chosen to resell some to fund more, because that what i chose from many advices i had here. i am very sorry that it doesn't tell you i am serious about this, maybe i just don't have much money, but is it any of your business? thank you.

Иначе говоря, и рыбку съесть, и на хуй.com* сесть. If you are serious about something, would you spend just $500 on it?

*Простите, уже занят!

иначе говоря, и на хуй.com послать бы тебя неплохо, да воспитание не позволяет. :) так что не суди, и не судим будешь, понял?

touchring, Ctrl+Enter is there not to switch your keyboard and type in .com :) it's faster and simplier, isn't it to just hit 2 keys? and you can do it in both IE and Firefox.

blastfromthepast
16th January 2007, 04:58 AM
иначе говоря, и на хуй.com послать бы тебя неплохо, да воспитание не позволяет. :)

Но позволяет общаться на «ты»? На хуй.com будет посылать тот кто сумел своевременно его зарегистрировать.

так что не суди, и не судим будешь, понял?

Why not? You asked for an appraisal of the situation, that's exactly what you got.

filmlion
16th January 2007, 05:20 AM
Но позволяет общаться на «ты»? На хуй.com будет посылать тот кто сумел своевременно его зарегистрировать.

на хуй.com уже посылать никого не надо - ты уже сидишь на нем (если это ты его зарегил, что ж, кто на что горазд, твой уровень). :)

Why not? You asked for an appraisal of the situation, that's exactly what you got.

Re-read my initial post, where did I ask for your appraisal of the situation there? Or your judging obsession pursue you without even reading posts?

I just stated the fact that it's easy to hit CTRL+ENTER to get .com in the end of the domain - that works in benefit of idn's since there is no need to switch keyboard language. so, don't flood my post with your unrelated comments.

If it is none of my (our) business, why do you keep bringing this up in a public place?

again, re-read my post and go judge someone else. if you have nothing to say about the subject, just don't say anything. а на вы к тебе будут обращаться, когда научишься относиться к людям с уважением, чего тебе и желаю. надеюсь, у тебя хватит ума не разводить из поста флуд. если что-то имеешь лично против меня - пиши в личку. if you have something against me personally, PM me - don't flood my post, got it?

Olney
16th January 2007, 05:22 AM
Don't know where this thread went wrong but let's tone it down a bit please...

blastfromthepast
16th January 2007, 05:24 AM
Alright, lets focus.

You started a topic with obvious information everyone knows (ctrl+enter) and filled it with a sales pitch for some domains that didn't sell.

filmlion
16th January 2007, 05:29 AM
I told you, blast, if u have personal comments only - PM me - don't flood the topic - it's not obvious, not everyone knows that, the idea of the post is to let those who didn't know it - use it as another good benefit of idn.com. my domains - my business - none of yours. yes, i want to bring attention to my great domains, so what? if u can't sell some your $10 domains, why blame others? ok, stop this now.

blastfromthepast
16th January 2007, 05:34 AM
First of all, think of it this way: you have a section of the forum for discussion, and you have a section of the forum for sales. Immagine if every seller on this board would also post "please buy my domains" type of threads in the general section each time a domain didn't sell. There are so many sales going on, that it is annoying to have to read promotional threads in the dicussion areas.

Second of all, if you don't want things to be discussed, simply don't post about them. Nobody is asking you to reveal information about yourself here, but if you do post something, it is going to be discussed, that is the nature of a forum.

filmlion
16th January 2007, 05:40 AM
u just can't stop, can u, blas??
all right... i told u - don't judge lest u be judged.

topic is closed. admin, if u think this topic is useless or wrong - just close it, i don't mind.