PDA

View Full Version : An experiment: $1,500 waiting for a Japanese .com IDN

Edwin
17th January 2007, 09:26 AM
I have $1,500 waiting in my Paypal account for the right Japanese .com IDN.

I am only interested in .com.
I am only interested in Japanese.
I am only interested in really fantastic domains (ones that are "worth" more than $1,500 IF the IDN market was there... but the market's not there YET but my money is)! This is your chance to pay the renewal fees on 200+ domains by sacrificing one top-notch one.

My expectations are high, given that I already have 2,300 generics in my portfolio, nearly all acquired at regfee. So a "good" domain isn't good enough!!

Anyway, if you think you have something of interest, let me know.

Please, please don't waste my time and yours by sending me long lists of junk. There's no way in a billion years I'm actually going to buy it.

I will only reply if I'm interested - last time I did a "Wanted" post on a forum I got over 50 replies!

burnsinternet
17th January 2007, 09:30 AM
Can you give us some parameters? What do you call fantastic? High traffic? Ovt Bids? Overture? Any areas to avoid?

Edwin
17th January 2007, 09:49 AM
Generic, of course. Mainstream, not adult. And of clear, very strong commercial use.

A domain that will make me sit up in my chair and go "wow!"

If it doesn't do that, I might as well renew 200 of my OWN domains (goodness knows, I have enough that need renewing...) :)

Thanks for the responses so far. Keep 'em coming!

blastfromthepast
28th January 2007, 02:50 PM
Any luck? I doubt anyone would sell a top Japanese .com for $1,500 when Japanese domainers are asking for $XX,XXX for decent names.

touchring
28th January 2007, 05:20 PM
Any luck? I doubt anyone would sell a top Japanese .com for $1,500 when Japanese domainers are asking for $XX,XXX for decent names.

Stalemate situation now.

Rubber Duck
28th January 2007, 05:45 PM
Stalemate situation now.

Maybe, but with Vista out at Midnight in Japan, it seems unlikely that 1500 bucks is going to break that stalemate.

I have been selling domains recently for much more than that and not Japanese either.

It would seem that Vista is being regarded as a new gaming platform, which may greatly increase upgrade rates.

rhys
28th January 2007, 05:47 PM
Very good experiment. I have my doubts but curious to see how it goes.

Rubber Duck
28th January 2007, 05:53 PM
The biggest experiment going on at the moment is Vista being launched into markets where most secure services have been dependent on the IE6 version of Activex for secure sites. Lets hope they have guess right.

touchring
28th January 2007, 06:01 PM
The market is becoming more mysterious. :)

arisgr
28th January 2007, 06:49 PM
hello,

this is what i can give for 1500$ each

xn--yckfx3jna8gxc.net
メッセンジャー.net
MESSENGER

xn--pckta4at.com
ストック.com
STOCK

xn--cck4a7dwjb.com
アーケード.com
ARCADE

if u are interested pm

thank u

Edwin
28th January 2007, 10:49 PM
No luck, I'm afraid - I did get some "nice" domains suggested to me, but I can open the Excel spreadsheet with my portfolio in it and scroll through "nice" domains all day. Nothing made me sit up and go "wow".

I guess that the folks with the good stuff aren't desperate for renewal fees - and I don't blame them :)

markits
29th January 2007, 12:20 AM
Edwin,
I am very interested in some domains in your portofio. How much would you sell for each of your best domains?

Edwin
29th January 2007, 03:46 AM
Edwin,
I am very interested in some domains in your portofio. How much would you sell for each of your best domains?

Depends on the domain, but certainly more (in some cases much more) than $1,500 :)

If you have anything specific in mind, you can email me about it (and make offers) to

info AT genkiproductions . com

Edwin
2nd February 2007, 08:30 PM
This experiment is over (so please don't send me any more domains!)

I didn't end up buying any names, as several I was offered were decent, but none I felt were exciting enough to blow my whole budget on in this market.

Thanks to everyone who sent me names.