体育彩票.com xn--tqqz50bptthvg.com $2756

Comments from native speakers please.

Giant
17th January 2007, 08:21 PM
福利彩票.com xn--kcrw63apkunea.com $1380

Good names!

But I don't see why 福利彩票.com is worth only half of 体育彩票.com, both should have same value.

kenne
17th January 2007, 08:46 PM
Great domains both, congratulations... I sold an equivalent domain for <$100 last week (sheer unforgivable carelessness), and could have hit myself in the head with it :-)

I will not say which one it was, but people should really look at my sales thread more...

yanni
17th January 2007, 09:04 PM
Stupid question: Aren't the big G results a bit low for such terms, for China?

Reason I'm asking is I recently regged "roulette".cn but I felt it was a lesser term since Google had only 600K pages with the term.
But now that I see 1 MIL for lottery, I kinda feel better:)

zenmarketing
17th January 2007, 09:04 PM
I would say they're both worth at least $100,000 :)

Looking at Google trends:

http://zmllc.com/search-volume.gif

The search volume for these terms matches the search volume for the term "hotel". (Orange is hotel, red and blue are the two lottery domains)

I guess I should mention that I am the one who got 体育彩票.com. I didn't have the opportunity to be in the auction for 福利彩票.com otherwise that would have gotten bid up too.

bwhhisc
17th January 2007, 09:06 PM

Can you tell us about the names and why their valuation.

bramiozo
17th January 2007, 09:52 PM
item on the chinese welfare lottery;
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/english/200008/01/eng20000801_47017.html

welfare lottery and sports lottery, those are the correct translations ?

Giant
17th January 2007, 10:28 PM
item on the chinese welfare lottery;
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/english/200008/01/eng20000801_47017.html

welfare lottery and sports lottery, those are the correct translations ?

Yes, these are the correct translations.

Right, and possibly more depends on WHEN.

I own the short form of both, 福彩 and 体彩. Both are very good traffic names.

zenmarketing
17th January 2007, 10:39 PM
Exactly, it only depends on when.

We are in this for the long haul and ready to wait it out.

johnny
18th January 2007, 03:21 AM
Congrats on the buy. That is a great name. Was this a snapnames auction?

What tools are out there to view the snapnames auctions?

I tried IDNTools but it didn't have those two names listed in the snapnames auctions for 1-17-07 (or the day before). Is this a different snapnames list?

sarcle
18th January 2007, 04:02 AM
福利彩票.com xn--kcrw63apkunea.com $1380

Wow, very nice snag. So you planning on setting any lottery site up on those? I sure as hell would be thinking about it.

ca191s
18th January 2007, 05:23 AM
Good names!

bramiozo
18th January 2007, 07:23 AM
Congrats on the buy. That is a great name. Was this a snapnames auction?

What tools are out there to view the snapnames auctions?

I tried IDNTools but it didn't have those two names listed in the snapnames auctions for 1-17-07 (or the day before). Is this a different snapnames list?

You have to look at the results 3 days prior to the sale, snapnames auctions normally last 3 days.

To view these auctions you'll have to register with snapnames and bid on the name, there's a minimum bid of $60.

johnny
18th January 2007, 09:13 AM
Cool. That explains it!

Wot
19th January 2007, 10:40 AM
Good names!

But I don't see why 福利彩票.com is worth only half of 体育彩票.com, both should have same value.

Perhaps Drewbert should pay the difference to snapnames -they need the money ;)

Nice buys.

touchring
19th January 2007, 02:54 PM
Perhaps Drewbert should pay the difference to snapnames -they need the money ;)

Nice buys.

You must be kidding, Drewbert is Snap's biggest customer. He has already done his part. :)

bramiozo
19th January 2007, 07:52 PM
Don't think it was Drew :) .

yanni
24th January 2007, 02:39 AM
Well, 体育彩票 is up on DnJournal listed by punycode only...

Drewbert
24th January 2007, 04:09 AM
Yea. THAT'S useful for "IDN marketing".

Not.

touchring
24th January 2007, 04:17 AM
Yea. THAT'S useful for "IDN marketing".

Not.

No, i think he got complains for the installing language pack popouts?

Drewbert
24th January 2007, 06:38 AM
An english translation, in brackets after it, wouldn't go amiss.

zenmarketing
26th January 2007, 11:13 PM
DNJournal is a great publication and I have a lot of respect for the founder of that site. But based on the fact that a significant sale got listed merely as punycode, with no further explanation, it's become clear to me that we are going to have to develop an alternative.

There are understandable challenges that DNJournal might be facing with IDN's. For example, if they put up translations, how do they verify that translations are correct or accurate? Then there's also the issue of character-sets and the huge number of Western browsers that don't have Asian language support.

However, I think it is pretty clear that we can either tap our fingers waiting for the mainstream domain industry to "accept" IDN's, or we can forge forward ourselves and start creating our own publications and media.

I'm interested in launching something like DNJournal that caters exclusively to the IDN community. I think it's about time that IDN's have their own industry publication of record.

If you're interested in working with me, whether contributing articles or helping to maintain the site, please PM me.

rhys
27th January 2007, 11:45 AM
DNJournal is a great publication and I have a lot of respect for the founder of that site. But based on the fact that a significant sale got listed merely as punycode, with no further explanation, it's become clear to me that we are going to have to develop an alternative.

There are understandable challenges that DNJournal might be facing with IDN's. For example, if they put up translations, how do they verify that translations are correct or accurate? Then there's also the issue of character-sets and the huge number of Western browsers that don't have Asian language support.

However, I think it is pretty clear that we can either tap our fingers waiting for the mainstream domain industry to "accept" IDN's, or we can forge forward ourselves and start creating our own publications and media.

I'm interested in launching something like DNJournal that caters exclusively to the IDN community. I think it's about time that IDN's have their own industry publication of record.

If you're interested in working with me, whether contributing articles or helping to maintain the site, please PM me.

That's great news. It's a good time to start.

domainguru
27th January 2007, 11:58 AM
How about IDNJournal.com as a name?

Fka200
27th January 2007, 12:09 PM
How about IDNJournal.com as a name?

I thought IDNJournal would be GREAT, but its a freakin parked page!

Giant
27th January 2007, 03:00 PM
..., it's become clear to me that we are going to have to develop an alternative.

And the alternative will be called IDNreport.com :-)

Congrats! You're very quick.

Good idea. I believe you can do that.

blastfromthepast
27th January 2007, 06:58 PM
No, i think he got complains for the installing language pack popouts?

Wiki consistently puts all sorts of languages together. There is no reason not to do so.