PDA

View Full Version : Outta "king's" own mouth! :o

touchring
18th January 2007, 02:28 PM
Revenue stream? Who cares right now? What is significant is they have been bought for $30 a few months ago and are getting bids way over $30,000 and they are numerous. You pick on .mobi cuz the idn has yet to perform like that and .mobi has done it in a much shorter amount of time. You predicted it would hit big last year. It did not. You now predict it will be weeks or months. Maybe. I think it will be years. TIME reveals the answer. But RIGHT NOW we went to an audience when a GOOD .co.uk came up and they laughed. But in the same breath they were bidding on the .mobi. I can't tell you why. I just see it and try to figure it out. Give the guys that bought right and are getting bids a tip of the hat. Their success is in no way a THREAT to yours. It may even enhance it. Maybe not. But it is and will always be the MARKET that dictates the answer.

Let me quote myself and state I wish that all domainers of good will could accept. "All successes should be applauded as a success for one is a success for all". Pretty simple stuff.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?p=1059121#post1059121
- It's a long thread, but this particular post sort of sums up.

Outta "king's" own mouth! :o

I'd question the "All successes should be applauded as a success for one is a success for all" claim. No doubt, dot mobi hype is going to bring in more money from outside world, but then, a dot mobi bust is also going to take all the air out of domaining as a whole. My own verdict - hitch on the ride while it's all hot.

Maybe. I think it will be years.
So it will happen, Rick believes in IDNs!! :)

Like to hear other views. This is getting interesting.

Disclaimer: Gamble at your own risk.

Rubber Duck
18th January 2007, 03:00 PM
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/hoist%20by%20your%20own%20petard.html

thefabfive
18th January 2007, 03:47 PM
Revenue stream? Who cares right now? What is significant is they have been bought for $30 a few months ago and are getting bids way over $30,000 and they are numerous.
Isn't that what they said about the internet stocks of the 90's?

That turned out great! :rolleyes:

Rubber Duck
18th January 2007, 03:57 PM
Isn't that what they said about the internet stocks of the 90's?

That turned out great! :rolleyes:

I think it might have gone pear shaped before those that pumped got to dump.

I guess this is what is meant by "bigger fish to fry".

sarcle
18th January 2007, 06:50 PM
This guy is one of the most dangerous people I have ever come across. He is in this only for himself and has proven that. He could care less that domainers listen to him and hang on to every word he says as if it's gospel.

He was a pioneer, there is no doubt he grabbed something that other people didn't when they had the chance. But as many things go, he went the way of corporate and sponsorship and sold out his own Independence to money.

He can sell domainers on lectures on how valuable the new waves on the internet are going to be based solely on his word because of who he is. This is dangerous and his ramblings just keep getting better at showing what he really is; a person that has lost touch with the internet itself.

The market wants what the market wants? Yes and the market can be wrong, and when the market is wrong well we all know what happens when the market is wrong.

Revenue stream; and who cares? Ask the people that spent their entire lifesavings and were in it during the .com crash.

It would be best if he keeps his mouth shut as he has no idea what he is talking about.

Rubber Duck
18th January 2007, 06:57 PM
This guy is one of the most dangerous people I have ever come across. He is in this only for himself and has proven that. He could care less that domainers listen to him and hang on to every word he says as if it's gospel.

He was a pioneer, there is no doubt he grabbed something that other people didn't when they had the chance. But as many things go, he went the way of corporate and sponsorship and sold out his own Independence to money.

He can sell domainers on lectures on how valuable the new waves on the internet are going to be based solely on his word because of who he is. This is dangerous and his ramblings just keep getting better at showing what he really is; a person that has lost touch with the internet itself.

The market wants what the market wants? Yes and the market can be wrong, and when the market is wrong well we all know what happens when the market is wrong.

Revenue stream; and who cares? Ask the people that spent their entire lifesavings and were in it during the .com crash.

It would be best if he keeps his mouth shut as he has no idea what he is talking about.

Yes! Don't do as he says, do as he does!

And the Market is very likely to be wrong, especially when it is rigged!

sarcle
18th January 2007, 07:11 PM
Yes! Don't do as he says, do as he does!

And the Market is very likely to be wrong, especially when it is rigged!

Yes, I wonder why that .mobi sale came out of the closet a day before this auction? One word: Hype. Only the adult guys didn't bite this time.

Ask the Duke why he continuously puts IDN as "xn--" instead of the unicode when he lists a sale now?

It's clear to me who's drawing the lines in the sand.

alpha
18th January 2007, 07:17 PM
Ask the Duke why he continuously puts IDN as "xn--" instead of the unicode when he lists a sale now?

:o

Rubber Duck
18th January 2007, 07:20 PM
Yes, I wonder why that .mobi sale came out of the closet a day before this auction? One word: Hype. Only the adult guys didn't bite this time.

No, I don't accept Duke is involved in anything here. He is reporting the information that is made available, as it is made available.

There may be a very good reason why he uses the punycode. If most people reading don't have extended character sets installed on the OS, the whole thing might turn out very weird on their monitors.

Duke has been very proactive and fair as far as IDNs are concerned. He may have been influenced unduly, but I don't accept that he is involved in any kind of plot. I think we need to be careful about potentially damaging DNJournals reputation of impartiality as it is valuable resource for all domainer. Obviously, we would all equally like it to stay that way.

It is interesting though that only two other mobis were reported last week both with the same buyer. It hardly sounds like a Bull charge to me.

mulligan
18th January 2007, 07:21 PM

Ron is all for IDNs, this I know to be true.

sarcle
18th January 2007, 07:29 PM
No, I don't accept Duke is involved in anything here. He is reporting the information that is made available, as it is made available.

There may be a very good reason why he uses the punycode. If most people reading don't have extended character sets installed on the OS, the whole thing might turn out very weird on their monitors.

Duke has been very proactive and fair as far as IDNs are concerned. He may have been influenced unduly, but I don't accept that he is involved in any kind of plot. I think we need to be careful about potentially damaging DNJournals reputation of impartiality as it is valuable resource for all domainer. Obviously, we would all equally like it to stay that way.

It is interesting though that only two other mobis were reported last week both with the same buyer. It hardly sounds like a Bull charge to me.

I'm not saying he or DNjournal are trying to sabotage IDN. His and the Dnjournal are very thorough in reporting the sales. But to be fair, if he's going to list the punycode then, the translation, the right thing to do is have the unicode right beside it. As "xn--" isn't a translation for anything in any language, and that's not accurate now is it?

Ron is all for IDNs, this I know to be true.

Yes, I do too. I know Moniker is also. But the truth is they aren't standing up to this "idiot" when he makes outrageous statements.

alpha
18th January 2007, 07:32 PM

adam, there are so many half truths, mis-truths, mis-information, information being held back, information hyped, its sometime hard to know who's straight up and who's pulling your plonker - but i think in this case Ron's character is squeeky clean - innocent until proven otherwise in my book.

Rubber Duck
18th January 2007, 07:35 PM
Yes, I do too. I know Moniker is also. But the truth is they aren't standing up to this "idiot" when he makes outrageous statements.

The truth is Rick is not the only complete twit out there, there are literally thousands of them. This Internet Law Professor Michael Geist is able to write a paper on Governments helping Citizens get on the Web. In the cover story the word "Language" is never even uttered.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6270593.stm

Professor of Talking Bollocks in my book!

But publications like Time magazine still publish these idiots. It is incredible!

sarcle
18th January 2007, 07:41 PM
The truth is Rick is not the only complete twit out there, there are literally thousands of them. This Internet Law Professor Michael Geist is able to write a paper on Governments helping Citizens get on the Web. In the cover story the word "Language" is never even uttered.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6270593.stm

Professor of talking bollocks in my book!

Yes, but this professor isn't the one that true domainers listen to and grasp every word as if it's going to be golden. And it's time these pillars of our community called this "twit" on his own bullshit.

And yes Gary; I didn't mean to imply that Ron was anything other. I've already stated what I believe to be right on accurate reporting in the thread above.

yanni
18th January 2007, 07:42 PM
I'm simply amazed with the infatuation with Rick these past few weeks. What is it with you guys and WHY do you care?

It has been said before: those of us who believe in what we have invested in, do not need a second opinion from anyone to determine where this thing is going. No-one.

And, for the record, all the insinuations regarding Rick's ulterior motives and ethics, they couldn't be farther from the truth. The guy is straight up, ethical and honest.
If you really take an unbiased look at what he's saying, you may find a lot of it is true.

I usually don't like to fight other people's battles, and Rick is a big boy and can do this himself, but given the fact that he doesn't hang out here (obviously), I felt my post was appropriate.

Really now.

Rubber Duck
18th January 2007, 07:48 PM
It has to be said that Rick probably does provide a guiding hand to some of the sheep at TRAFFICS, and fair play to him, he has more patience than I have. Frankly, I wonder, how many of them dress themselves.

alpha
18th January 2007, 07:52 PM
yanni, let me try and take the emotion out of this and get down to the bottom line and summarise in as few words as possible what those who are beating up Rick are suggesting.

Ascii invested domainers see IDN as a threat. therefore they go out of their way to talk IDN down, and talk everything ascii up.

from our perspective, it doesnt matter one iota. But if you are a seller today, it will affect your sales.

also, it is market manipulation, and for all the suckers that believe this hype and anti-hype, they are at risk of investing in dead wood.

I've said before I don't prescribe to this belief, but this is how I see it from the sidelines.

sarcle
18th January 2007, 07:56 PM
yanni, let me try and take the emotion out of this and get down to the bottom line and summarise in as few words as possible what those who are beating up Rick are suggesting.

Ascii invested domainers see IDN as a threat. therefore they go out of their way to talk IDN down, and talk everything ascii up.

from our perspective, it doesnt matter one iota. But if you are a seller today, it will affect your sales.

also, it is market manipulation, and for all the suckers that believe this hype and anti-hype, they are at risk of investing in dead wood.

I've said before I don't prescribe to this belief, but this is how I see it from the sidelines.

BINGO. I'd have no problems with Rick if he would only tell the truth. He has repeatedly gone out of his way to bash IDN and I for one am not going to stand for that.

thefabfive
18th January 2007, 08:08 PM
I don't really care what Rick has to say, but this in particular is just off base: "But it is and will always be the MARKET that dictates the answer."

Would the .mobi market be where it is now if not for the $200K flowers.mobi purchase? I would guess no.

And where would the IDN market be if Rick ponied up $200K for just about any IDN he wanted?

He is obviously very influential in the MARKET, but doesn't want to admit his manipulations.

alpha
18th January 2007, 08:12 PM
I don't really care what Rick has to say, but this in particular is just off base: "But it is and will always be the MARKET that dictates the answer."

Would the .mobi market be where it is now if not for the $200K flowers.mobi purchase? I would guess no.

And where would the IDN market be if Rick ponied up $200K for just about any IDN he wanted?

He is obviously very influential in the MARKET, but doesn't want to admit his manipulations.

Yes but all he did was drop a load of money on one .mobi - it may have ignited the market, but thats just how it turned out.

you could say the same about Bill buying tokyo.

I'm not saying there is not any manipulation going on, but i dont think that purchase was intentended manipulation.

thefabfive
18th January 2007, 08:14 PM
I agree. I didn't mean purposeful manipulation, but he has to realize that he does affect the market.

alpha
18th January 2007, 08:16 PM
I agree. I didn't mean purposeful manipulation, but he has to realize that he does affect the market.

with power comes responsibility.

and i do think some of his comments are borderine reckless, knowing he has this influence.

yanni
18th January 2007, 08:26 PM

Not true. The ones who get IDN are going about their business. The ones who don't get it, well, you can't make them by get it by attacking them. Their natural reaction would be to strike back. They're being alienated by the constant Ascii-bashing.
And who made the dinstinction between Ascii and IDN domainers in the first place?

Right, and where will your prospective buyers for IDN come from in this stage of the game? Other domainers, right? (the majority of domains changing hands is happening between domainers.)
Well, if you keep calling them names, why would they even consider looking at what you have to sell?

I assume this refers to .mobi? The hype with flowers.mobi took a life of its own. I don't believe it was pre-meditated.

It has to be said that Rick probably does provide a guiding hand to some of the sheep at TRAFFICS, and fair play to him, he has more patience than I have. Frankly, I wonder, how many of them dress themselves.

I wouldn't say so. I don't think you can call self-made entrepreneurs sheep. Most of these sheep you're referring to, you yourself have praised or rested your hopes in other threads.

The bottom line is that Rick, with Traffic has brought (and continues to bring) corporate America to domains, among other things. He risked HIS money to do this and has been successful so far.

Ask yourself (I asked you in the past but you didn't answer directly): why did you want to be in Rick's board in the first place? What was YOUR motivation?

BINGO. I'd have no problems with Rick if he would only tell the truth. He has repeatedly gone out of his way to bash IDN and I for one am not going to stand for that.

It seems to me he's pissed off at RD rather than bashing IDN.

you could say the same about Bill buying tokyo.

Yup.

We do need to allow the market to take shape. Right now there is NO significant secondary market in IDN.

When browser support reaches critical mass and substantial traffic numbers are in place, the market will turn for sure. Until then we can go about our other business.

Namely, slapping the booty :) (http://arcademind.com/game/2430/Booty-Slap.html)
(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Rubber Duck
18th January 2007, 09:07 PM
I wanted to joint Rick's board because I thought it would be a useful place to promote IDNs. Why not? The truth is wasn't even possible to discuss Asian Countries there without being gratuitously attack. It was much like DNFs was two years ago. This idea that IDNers are responsible for gratuitous attacks is rubbish. I have been subject to attack from day one. Edwin and Olney were two of the earliest offenders. I am not quite sure what is all about, but for some reason non-IDNers instinctive feel threatened. It is not rational, but it is real.

I have to say that I feel strongly that there has been an attempt to pump the Mobi market and I feel that to some extent this has been done in a rather dishonest way, not only by the registrary, but by certain members of the domaining establishment. If you own thousands of premium domains, which effectively they do because they have held back all the premium domains, if you can drive up after-market prices dramatically, you become mega-millionaires, overnight.

Rick's actions tend to suggest he might have been aparty to such a conspiracy. Hyping things up on the basis of unsuccessful bids suggest that he is desperately trying to stop the wheel dropping off the wagon. I wonder why? The problem is that it is not the win-win situation that Rick trys to portray. Every scam has victims. The only consolation is that because dot Mobi is now loosing momentum very rapidly, if there is going to be a biggest loser in all of this, it is likely to be Rick himself. The domains he purchased at auction are not and won't be worth the price he paid for many years, if ever.

Yanni, I am afraid your defence of Rick is all very touching, but frankly, I don't buy any of it.

yanni
18th January 2007, 09:38 PM
I wanted to joint Rick's board because I thought it would be a useful place to promote IDNs. Why not? The truth is wasn't even possible to discuss Asian Countries there without being gratuitously attack. It was much like DNFs was two years ago. This idea that IDNers are responsible for gratuitous attacks is rubbish. I have been subject to attack from day one. Edwin and Olney were two of the earliest offenders. I am not quite sure what is all about, but for some reason non-IDNers instinctive feel threatened. It is not rational, but it is real.

Before you joined that board people there discussed idns when the subject came up; no-one got attacked. Maybe it was the way you presented IDNs that got attacked.

"Shoving" IDN in peoples faces when they're discussing something else, is going to get you some negative reaction, for sure. You seem to do this a lot (and this is not an attack btw, just an observation) just like recently, nearly no post goes by without you making a negative comment about Rick, Traffic, Ascii-ers, etc.

I have to say that I feel strongly that there has been an attempt to pump the Mobi market and I feel that to some extent this has been done in a rather dishonest way...

I feel similarly about .mobi. Clearly mtld has a well orchestrated marketing strategy in place. They're pushing a product and they want the best returns possible. I don't know about dishonest though.

Rick's actions tend to suggest he might have been aparty to such a conspiracy. Hyping things up on the basis of unsuccessful bids suggest that he is desperately trying to stop the wheel dropping off the wagon. I wonder why? The problem is that it is not the win-win situation that Rick trys to portray.

Not sure which actions you're referring to. The flowers.mobi purchase or the Traffic auction of mobi's?
I'm not privy to Traffic's dealings with .mobi, but it seems they made a deal with mtld to auction off mobis and that's what they did. If this is unethical, it is very similar to any registrar (Moniker, Namecheap, Enom etc.) who supports .mobi registrations. Are they all conspiring to fleece unsuspecting "investors"?

Yanni, I am afraid your defence of Rick is all very touching, but frankly, I don't buy any of it.

I tought I made it clear I'm not trying to defend anyone; I'm posting a personal opinion from what I know of the man during the past few years. People's track records tend to speak for themselves. I'll leave it at that.

Rubber Duck
18th January 2007, 09:52 PM
Again I don't buy that really either.

IDN were never really discussed previously at TRAFFICS from what I was able to ascertain. Bringing them up at all was therefore very in your face.

If it was a personal problem with me, then he handled it extremely badly. The usual social acceptable norms would be to point out that there was a problem and try to find a solution. Instead of doing that, the procedure was ridicule and ejection. Even then he could have been excused, but he then went on some kind of wild witch hunt ejecting IDNers left right and centre. This was from what I can gather followed by a severe rift with his own sect. It would seem that he became very unstable for a while, that was even before I decided to straighten a few scores. I have a feeling that the heavily discounted pricing being put forward with Domainfest and the deteriorating sitution with dot mobi, might not have help his equilibrium much.

Of course those that have always kept their lip tightly button are still there. It all about power and control. I personally, don't have issues about not being at TRAFFICS, It was never really my scene. Frankly, I just feel that I wasted quite a bit of time there and on balance, he did me a favour. I have certainly re-established my independent credentials.

Rick's worst mistake was to acuse me of not having a sense of humour. It has been hard, but I think he is starting to undertand irony now.

sarcle
18th January 2007, 11:22 PM
Rick's worst mistake was to acuse me of not having a sense of humour.

The Brits have a sense of humor? Jeez that's news to me.

Wot
18th January 2007, 11:28 PM
I find the comments from some of you guys unbelievable - , think for yourselves - get on with promoting and developing those domain names called IDN's - create the hype (learn from .mobi - they cracked it - certainly for the time being)

Try and do it in a nice simple acceptable way - the aggresive in your face, we are different attitude, has blown up in the faces of IDN'ers.

Prove it by getting the sales and then say how good they (IDN's) are - it's the $'s (And hype) that move the markets.

Fka200
18th January 2007, 11:46 PM
I find the comments from some of you guys unbelievable - , think for yourselves - get on with promoting and developing those domain names called IDN's - create the hype (learn from .mobi - they cracked it - certainly for the time being)

Try and do it in a nice simple acceptable way - the aggresive in your face, we are different attitude, has blown up in the faces of IDN'ers.

Prove it by getting the sales and then say how good they (IDN's) are - it's the $'s (And hype) that move the markets.

It's been very hard for me to reply to these types of threads, but thats how I feel in a nutshell!

We have the power to make this sh1t work. I'm not sitting around waiting for a million bucks or for the "king" to tell me its time for me to make some money, I want to see how far these IDNs can go through testing and experimentation. We can literally change the internet together by working together, but its a matter of when not if.

sarcle
19th January 2007, 12:00 AM

Try and do it in a nice simple acceptable way - the aggressive in your face, we are different attitude, has blown up in the faces of IDN'ers.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see the logic. You want to hype the market like .mobi? I believe that a solid market is built on facts and solid foundations not on hype.

I fail to see how anything has "blown up" in the faces of IDNers. We still own the names, the traffic is increasing, the sites are getting built and getting nice rankings and nothing will change the delivery of Vista or IE7. Those are facts, not hype.

Sales mean nothing without stats. .mobi has no technological advantage over .com and they definately don't have stats for .mobi. This hype will blow up in the face of the very ones that feed into it.

At the end of the day, IDN is still going to happen whether anyone wants them to or not, and we still own the names. :)

Fka200
19th January 2007, 12:06 AM
At the end of the day, IDN is still going to happen whether anyone wants them to or not, and we still own the names. :)

Amen to that. I see IDNs as the inevitable.

Olney
19th January 2007, 12:16 AM
I might be by myself in this but I totally feel that people are putting way too much emphasis on Rick Shwartz. Rick is obviously catering to promoting high end domains to Corporate America. You might feel this way about me in the future because I also work corporate Japan. You need this. He might not cater to IDNs now because he's catering to the market he dwells in.

There are going to be people, services, & companies that will cater to certain markets. I remember clearly that Adam did a discussion at TRAFFIC on IDNs. With changes in browsers & search engines, PPC etc there are still other large issues. I too very much want to promote & succeed in the market I invest in too.

"The market" for him means his market. I'm surprised that his quotes actually still seem positive about IDNs after the constant beating he's getting about IDNs.

Dot mobi was a corporate move, it has a clear purpose. & even on the corporate level here there is interest in the extension. There is also much interest in IDNs. Mobi wasn't an extension made to try to get domainers rich but an extension made to spur more of an interest in mobile sites (especially for the US). If the extension fails it doesn't matter, making more mobile sites was the point of it.

& I don't even own a single mobi.

Drewbert
19th January 2007, 01:04 AM

So why do you guys react to Rick in the way you do?

Frankie says take a chill pill.

(No, not that Frankie!)

sarcle
19th January 2007, 01:45 AM
So why do you guys react to Rick in the way you do?

Well, I've stated my reasons in many threads not only on idnf but including the one at dnforum.

Rick is seen by many as a "know all" in the industry and when he takes a shot at IDN. I'm going to give him an answer right back as to why he's wrong.

I really don't care about what he thinks personally about IDN but many people take what he says to heart and he has made several careless, and damaging remarks about IDN so I'm going to correct him when he does. If that's seen as an attack, well I guess that's just their perception.

But to say what that any IDNer has damaged IDN; I'm sorry that's just not true.

As far as the chill pill, yes I do believe I'll take one. As far as the politics are concerned I'm done; unless of course he wants to step up to bat again and take another shot.

Wot
19th January 2007, 05:28 AM
What has definitely blown up in the faces of those attempting tp promote IDN's to newbies (Has to be good for the business to have more people onside?) has been the generally arrrogant approach to those that disagree.

Namepros.com is a breeding ground for potential high flying domainers, a golden opportunity to introduce IDN (domain names) was a complete disaster thanks to a number of "the arrogants" a similar opportunity has been blown a way at DNForum - next stop - DomainState perhaps - may as well alienate the rest of the domaining community. :eek:

Why is .mobi going to fail? - it's sort of failure I would like to have , certainly at the moment - if hype is the way to create awareness of something and create a market then why not? .mobi /.asia may stand or fall , that will be up to those who manage the extensions - .mobi management have done an absolutely superb job to date , do you think they are going to stop now ?

Sales mean nothing without stats ? The sales themselves are the stats, bought /sold / prices. I personally care little for stats - give me sales anyday $

"At the end of the day, IDN is still going to happen whether anyone wants them to or not, and we still own the names."

I agree with the above- and who cares about anybody else when such a great bunch of guys own all the best domain names sorry - IDN's..

I'm sorry, but I fail to see the logic. You want to hype the market like .mobi? I believe that a solid market is built on facts and solid foundations not on hype.

I fail to see how anything has "blown up" in the faces of IDNers. We still own the names, the traffic is increasing, the sites are getting built and getting nice rankings and nothing will change the delivery of Vista or IE7. Those are facts, not hype.

Sales mean nothing without stats. .mobi has no technological advantage over .com and they definately don't have stats for .mobi. This hype will blow up in the face of the very ones that feed into it.

sarcle
19th January 2007, 05:43 AM
What has definitely blown up in the faces of those attempting tp promote IDN's to newbies (Has to be good for the business to have more people onside?) has been the generally arrrogant approach to those that disagree.

Who needs Noobs with no money WOT?

I was about to write a big long rebutal but I'm to happy right now to really care.

You want to see hype? You are about to get it.

touchring
19th January 2007, 05:45 AM
Dot mobi was a corporate move, it has a clear purpose. & even on the corporate level here there is interest in the extension. There is also much interest in IDNs. Mobi wasn't an extension made to try to get domainers rich but an extension made to spur more of an interest in mobile sites (especially for the US). If the extension fails it doesn't matter, making more mobile sites was the point of it.

& I don't even own a single mobi.

Yup, i think i would agree, this is an important point. Rick did say that some of the big buyers are corporate, and he did pit against flowers.com when he tried bidding for flowers.mobi.

This is the key difference between IDNs and Dot Mobi. And like what Bill said, $129k for a gambling company like sportsbook.com is just left over budget to clear by december.

Food for thought. :)

Fka200
19th January 2007, 05:56 AM
Namepros.com is a breeding ground for potential high flying domainers, a golden opportunity to introduce IDN (domain names) was a complete disaster thanks to a number of "the arrogants" a similar opportunity has been blown a way at DNForum - next stop - DomainState perhaps - may as well alienate the rest of the domaining community. :eek:

You wouldn't believe how many people at Namepros message me asking me about IDNs and what they are. I received more PMs from members over there offering their IDNs for sale then I have from here and dnl combineds --- it sort of really surprised me. I even did some searches for one member to help him find the word he wanted, checked ovt, etc from him and give him a couple of pointers. Give it time. Lots of things are happening under covers.

thegenius1
19th January 2007, 06:46 AM

Namepros.com is a breeding ground for potential high flying domainers, a golden opportunity to introduce IDN (domain names) was a complete disaster thanks to a number of "the arrogants" .

I feel compelled to speak on this comment , If it wasn't for some with a little backbone there would not be any IDN section on Name Pros, some of you need to grow some heart and go see the wizard. Most IDNers are only speaking the truth if you cant handle the truth F you , we dont give a F at the end of the day. And then to kill your whole post do you think Noob's get instant updates not to invest in International domain names ? If they do who gives a sh!* i dont , im been buying idn's for 358 days and im still not satisfied ! the hell with new combers. This is business all you guys taken sh!% personal need to get some pu$$y or need to Develope !

Wot
19th January 2007, 06:56 AM
I feel compelled to speak on this comment , If it wasn't for some with a little backbone there would not be any IDN section on Name Pros, some of you need to grow some heart and go see the wizard. Most IDNers are only speaking the truth if you cant handle the truth F you , we dont give a F at the end of the day. And then to kill your whole post do you think Noob's get instant updates not to invest in International domain names ? If they do who gives a sh!* i dont , im been buying idn's for 358 days and im still not satisfied ! the hell with new combers. This is business all you guys taken sh!% personal need to get some pu$$y or need to Develope !

Well done - you have confirmed what I was saying.

Who needs Noobs with no money WOT?

I was about to write a big long rebutal but I'm to happy right now to really care.

You want to see hype? You are about to get it.

No money at Namepros from the noobs? You must live in a different world to me.

OK - hype is acceptable. - go for it - I can hang on to your coattails.

thegenius1
19th January 2007, 07:04 AM
Well done - you have confirmed what I was saying.

The point is who cares ? if you are doing the right thing and not feeding into all this b.s you are sitting back smiling. Only reason i posted was because NP was mentioned and like Sarcle i respond to shots. Did you not migrate here from NP ? Big ups to sarlce if i never thanked you because I did ! , some of you will care about post's some wont , and the end of the day what matters ?

Wot
19th January 2007, 07:04 AM
You wouldn't believe how many people at Namepros message me asking me about IDNs and what they are. I received more PMs from members over there offering their IDNs for sale then I have from here and dnl combineds --- it sort of really surprised me. I even did some searches for one member to help him find the word he wanted, checked ovt, etc from him and give him a couple of pointers. Give it time. Lots of things are happening under covers.

I don't disagree , but it could have gone a lot more smoothly. And I have had similar pm requests from members.

The point is who cares ? if you are doing the right thing and not feeding into all this b.s you are sitting back smiling. Only reason i posted was because NP was mentioned and like Sarcle i respond to shots

Ah - did we upset you- you don't have to justify your posts to me - so sorry- I certainly did not mean to ruffle any feathers :)

sarcle
19th January 2007, 07:08 AM

Wot get of your soap box and take a look.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/8654-is-this-what-we-want-for-our-idns-the-%22big-goal%22-a.html

Wot
19th January 2007, 07:11 AM
Wot get of your soap box and take a look.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/8654-is-this-what-we-want-for-our-idns-the-%22big-goal%22-a.html

Soap Box ? - an IDN possibly - must check availability in the various languages. ;)

And congrats on your success - just for the record - I have 700 IDN's - mainly Chinese , Thai & Japanese.

thegenius1
19th January 2007, 07:23 AM
Ah - did we upset you- you don't have to justify your posts to me - so sorry- I certainly did not mean to ruffle any feathers :)

LMAO you mention NP i respond its business ! Upset me ROTFLMAO Im celebabrating my 1 year anniversary in a couple day I'am all smiles and teeth, I been on the boat :)

Can we say Toe Dipper LOL !

sarcle
19th January 2007, 07:30 AM
Soap Box ? - an IDN possibly - must check availability in the various languages. ;)

And congrats on your success - just for the record - I have 700 IDN's - mainly Chinese , Thai & Japanese.

Thanks and depending on the ovt. and bids you may just want to. :)

Rubber Duck
19th January 2007, 10:03 AM
I don't believe there is a single person here actively arguing against what I have done that has not learnt about IDN as an indirect consequence of my actions, unless of course it has been a direct consequence.

I don't take credit for IDN they would have happened anyway. What would be missing, however, are the IDN friendly Registars and Parking Services and more that have arisen as a direct consequence of the development of this forum.

It is even conceivable that intervention to date has spurred on the some of the majors in this Industry, like Google or ICANN. Our influence has been immeasurable. Rick is no more than a pocket of resistance. The war was over before he was hunted down like a fugative.

If I hadn't told Olney, he didn't know what he was talking about in a very confrontational way. None of this would have happened. Monetizing IDN would be at least 2 years behind were it is now.

There are some of you that have a lot of experience in the Industry and some are even older than I am, but to understand what has gone down here, you will need to read every thread I ever wrote. I am sure you all have better things to do with you time.