PDA

View Full Version : IDN backorders .. help please :)

Muhammad Mustafa
19th January 2007, 05:53 PM
hello every body
i just wondered where can i make back orders for the idn names
i tried to enter the puny code in Godaddy to make a back order but i ever have this error
for example when i write (xn--pgbng0dhlxbn) in Godaddy domains search it gives me:
xn--pgbng0dhlxbn.com
is an invalid domain name.
Hyphen 34 error
where can i make back orders for IDN names, i don't like Snap Names So please give me another trusted site :)

thefabfive
19th January 2007, 06:03 PM
Snapnames is the only reliable drop catcher at this point. I don't think Pool gets anything.

yanni
19th January 2007, 06:29 PM
I would second Fabfive's opinion.

And, GoDaddy sucks anyway :)

touchring
19th January 2007, 06:50 PM
I agree, but the $60 is really too much for most names. Some of names that ppl snap, can't even sell for $25 bucks here.

When IDN was still in heat just 3-4 mths ago, many of the snaps, i won't even bother registering for $6.99.

The better names get chased up, to prices many times higher than anyone will pay if the name were to be auctioned here.

sarcle
19th January 2007, 07:17 PM
I agree, but the $60 is really too much for most names. Some of names that ppl snap, can't even sell for $25 bucks here.

When IDN was still in heat just 3-4 mths ago, many of the snaps, i won't even bother registering for $6.99.

The better names get chased up, to prices many times higher than anyone will pay if the name were to be auctioned here.

How is that? Just because someone won't pay $25 dollars for a domain doesn't mean it's not worth it to snag. Even you know better than that Touchring.

If you have some skills or $50; get a site put up and get it adsensed you'll make your cash back in a day (after it gets indexed) depending on the domain and the bids it has.

Just because someone won't buy it doesn't mean it's not worth it. But if we are talking about just parking the domain, yeah you might think twice.

bramiozo
19th January 2007, 07:28 PM

博客.net just went for $350 ;) .

Pay attention guys...

touchring
19th January 2007, 07:58 PM
How is that? Just because someone won't pay $25 dollars for a domain doesn't mean it's not worth it to snag. Even you know better than that Touchring.

Umm, i do try and work out the current market value on this forum before snagging. Never mind abot future value - the Saudi stock market index is down 70% from 2005, real estate crashing down, the oil bubble burst. A year ago, ppl were talking about oil prices hitting $150 a barrel. Prices move up and down, and then up.

sarcle
19th January 2007, 08:03 PM
Umm, i do try and work out the current market value on this forum before snagging. Never mind abot future value - the Saudi index is down 70% from 2005, real estate crashing down. A year ago, ppl were talking about oil prices hitting $150 a barrel.

Not to insult you but what does this have to do with IDNs getting indexed and getting ranked? Just curious.

How much would a domainer pay me for the domains that I have ranked? Probably not anywhere near what I am making or could sell to a business because of it.

touchring
19th January 2007, 08:08 PM
Not to insult you but what does this have to do with IDNs getting indexed and getting ranked? Just curious.

How much would a domainer pay me for the domains that I have ranked? Probably not anywhere near what I am making or could sell to a business because of it.

I'm talking about snaps, not the names you are trying to rank or sell. Umm...Snaps. Isn't backorder the topic? :)

bwhhisc
20th January 2007, 12:07 AM
博客.net just went for $350 ;) .
Pay attention guys...

"Abundant Guest.net" according to systranet.com for those interested.

Not sure the exact English equivalent, anyone?

yanni
20th January 2007, 12:48 AM
I get "doctor,gain,expo,fair.. - guest, customer."

Prodigy
20th January 2007, 12:59 AM
It means Blog.net

yanni
20th January 2007, 03:28 AM
:)

I was looking in Japanese. Didn't even bother checking Google. Duh..

bramiozo
20th January 2007, 10:29 AM
Ah, that's why there were so little people in that auction...you're using shitty translation engines or you just input the wrong language ;-) .

Rubber Duck
20th January 2007, 12:55 PM
Umm, i do try and work out the current market value on this forum before snagging. Never mind abot future value - the Saudi stock market index is down 70% from 2005, real estate crashing down, the oil bubble burst. A year ago, ppl were talking about oil prices hitting $150 a barrel. Prices move up and down, and then up.

And what has that to do with the price of eggs?

touchring
20th January 2007, 01:29 PM
And what has that to do with the price of eggs?

Question: Have you ever bid and won a snap auction?

The psychology in a snap is quite complex, difficult to explain. It's like fighting to choose a spouse, some people just can't bear to lose, some people walk away at the beginning, some people would try and make sure they will give a good fight, but always stop in time to leave the battle unscathed, the opponent won but bloodied.

Rubber Duck
20th January 2007, 02:56 PM
Question: Have you ever bid and won a snap auction?

The psychology in a snap is quite complex, difficult to explain. It's like fighting to choose a spouse, some people just can't bear to lose, some people walk away at the beginning, some people would try and make sure they will give a good fight, but always stop in time to leave the battle unscathed, the opponent won but bloodied.

Very interesting, but is a good price to buy domains at bargain prices?

I got into IDNs because the cost of drops at Snapname and Pool were getting rediculous.

touchring
20th January 2007, 03:07 PM
Very interesting, but is a good price to buy domains at bargain prices?

I got into IDNs because the cost of drops at Snapname and Pool were getting rediculous.

For IDNs? Yes and No (95% of the time). But overall, it's very time consuming. At least in my opinion.

Giant
20th January 2007, 07:37 PM
The best business is snaping names.

New domainers tend to pay a bit more at SnapNames.

sarcle
20th January 2007, 07:47 PM

Domainers in general will pay more at SnapNames. Why? Because why pay the competition when you can pay an independent party.

While we are all in this together as far as being domain owners we are still in competition with each other to get the best names. To wait until one goes bust and just take their domains is easier for the ones with the cash. For serious buyers this eliminates the emotional aspects that some domainers seem to possess over their domains.

seamo
20th January 2007, 08:14 PM
What a stroke of genius that turned out to be!! :o

bramiozo
20th January 2007, 08:20 PM
The best business is snaping names.

Pardon ?

Prices are f*cked up on dnlocal and on idnforum, mid $xx seem to be a norm at the moment. 'A bit more', as if anyone here is paying conform the market !

I am watching these go on snapnames, you tell me what a 'bit more' is ?

路由器.com
誕生日.com
白金.com
社区.com
掌上电脑.com
中国旅游.com
体育彩票.net

The most experienced domainers, those who have been in the game since the late nineties are on snapnames doing what you guys don't do, pay market conform prices.

Not aimed at you personally Giant, it's general frustration.

touchring
21st January 2007, 09:26 PM
Pardon ?

Prices are f*cked up on dnlocal and on idnforum, mid $xx seem to be a norm at the moment. 'A bit more', as if anyone here is paying conform the market !

I am watching these go on snapnames, you tell me what a 'bit more' is ?

路由器.com
誕生日.com
白金.com
社区.com
掌上电脑.com
中国旅游.com
体育彩票.net

The most experienced domainers, those who have been in the game since the late nineties are on snapnames doing what you guys don't do, pay market conform prices.

Not aimed at you personally Giant, it's general frustration.

I would say that Snap 'sometimes' offer value for "big names" (names that ppl on this forum would sell for >$500, if ever for sale). Names like PDA, 掌上电脑, for instance.

bramiozo
21st January 2007, 09:33 PM
Well if anything goes for over $500, I'll put it in the list so you'll know about it :) .

touchring
21st January 2007, 09:36 PM
Domainers in general will pay more at SnapNames. Why? Because why pay the competition when you can pay an independent party.

While we are all in this together as far as being domain owners we are still in competition with each other to get the best names. To wait until one goes bust and just take their domains is easier for the ones with the cash. For serious buyers this eliminates the emotional aspects that some domainers seem to possess over their domains.

From an investment point of view, I don't think it so easy to go bust 'registering' domains, even less so for IDNs (at least what i can imagine). A sale on this forum, even for $xx is still a profit of a few hundred percent.

I did some long term thinking tonite, the Internet market is on a 10 year bull run, the US market, which is what drives the dot com market is experiencing a 20 year inflationary bull run. Capital values are up, real estate is up, domain valuation is up.

Of cos, there is the ocassional corrections, even stocks go up and down, but overall, i think domaining, especially with ppc and adsense, is a no brainer when it comes to making money over the medium term. At least until now. :)

Well if anything goes for over $500, I'll put it in the list so you'll know about it :) .

Like that pets.com?