PDA

View Full Version : Marketiva Auction is going Crazy!

Rubber Duck
21st January 2007, 11:03 PM
Now $46,000

http://www.sedo.co.uk/search/searchresult.php4?tracked=&partnerid=&language=e&listing_type=auctions_only

Now $61K

$66K

$71k

$76k

$86K

$91K

$95

rhys
21st January 2007, 11:33 PM
wow, bizarre, what a stupid name. oops. slipped out. does it mean something in a foreign language that I am not aware of?

touchring
21st January 2007, 11:36 PM
I think this is a new strategy, to bid on one's own name (using proxies?) to attract interest and hopefully a stupid person falls for it and places a real bid. Unethical as it sounds, but i think this method works well for dot mobis.

bwhhisc
21st January 2007, 11:45 PM
wow, bizarre, what a stupid name. oops. slipped out. does it mean something in a foreign language that I am not aware of?

It is reported to possibly be a TM.

Here is their home site, their name appears to be "registered" and carries the mark.

http://www.marketiva.com/

Marketiva's Terms of Service include:
TRADEMARK NOTICES
Marketiva is a registered service mark of Marketiva Corporation. Novativa and Streamster are registered trademarks and / or service marks of Novativa Corporation. Other featured words or symbols, used to identify the source of goods and services, are the trademarks and / or service marks of their respective owners.

Fka200
21st January 2007, 11:46 PM
Wow, what a world...

bwhhisc
22nd January 2007, 12:00 AM
More...http://www.marketiva.com/index.ncre?page=affiliate-agreement

6. License Grant: Marketiva hereby grants to Affiliate a limited, non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-transferable, worldwide license, WITHOUT THE RIGHT to sublicense, to use, reproduce, publicly perform, distribute and display the Marketiva Brand Features at the Affiliate Site, solely as incorporated into the Affiliate Link(s) and solely in the form delivered by Marketiva.

7. Reservation of Rights: Marketiva reserves all rights other than those expressly granted in this Agreement, and no licenses are granted except as expressly set forth herein. Marketiva retains all right, title, and interest in and to the Marketiva Brand Features, Marketiva Trading Desk and the Marketiva Portal, together with all Intellectual Property Rights thereto.

(I put the bold on: WITHOUT THE RIGHT as this paragraph may pertain to issues 'under discussion')

Rubber Duck
22nd January 2007, 12:04 AM
There are going to be tears at bedtime!

touchring
22nd January 2007, 12:06 AM
This auction is rigged, i don't believe that marketiva.com cares about marketiva.mobi.

bwhhisc
22nd January 2007, 12:07 AM
Maybe Muhammad is read to REINVE$T for some premium IDNs.

touchring
22nd January 2007, 12:10 AM
Maybe Muhammad is read to REINVE$T for some premium IDNs.

The market is taking off. :O)

bwhhisc
22nd January 2007, 12:12 AM
This auction is rigged, i don't believe that marketiva.com cares about marketiva.mobi.

Maybe they don't care about it UNLESS someone starts using it in a manner they don't approve. They would not want to allow a precedence of use on their TM which could cause problems defending it down the line.

bwhhisc
22nd January 2007, 12:13 AM

Maybe they don't care about it UNLESS someone starts using it in a manner they don't approve. They would not want to allow a precedence of use on their TM which could cause problems defending it down the line.

touchring
22nd January 2007, 12:23 AM

I did a Google trend search on the keyword marketiva, the main bulk of data comes from Indonesia and Malaysia...