Rubber Duck
21st January 2007, 11:36 PM
I would never have believed this!

Is this good for dot Mobi?

touchring
21st January 2007, 11:39 PM
I would never have believed this!

Is this good for dot Mobi?

Someone fell for it, i think? This really works for hyped names. A chinese saying: 浑水摸鱼.

bwhhisc
21st January 2007, 11:43 PM
This....should be an interesting week. Just in time for Tuesdays DNJ.
Interesting to see how this is reported.

First "fish" the mixed script IDN domain, and now a big sale on a TM.
Maybe the company was the buyer?

touchring
21st January 2007, 11:47 PM
Maybe this time is different! :)

Fka200
21st January 2007, 11:48 PM

Thats what I'm thinking, but you cant possibly own the TM and be THAT freakin retarded.

Rubber Duck
21st January 2007, 11:48 PM

There could be all sorts of stuff going down here.

I don't buy the multiple proxy argument. Anyone with a brain going for that kind of sting would keep it lower profile and keep running it. Not only that finding fools with $95K to spend is not as simple as it sounds.

Marketiva is definitely a trademark. It could be that the TM owner has bid just to block the deal until they can get the legal wheels in motion.

Perhaps there are competing claims on the TM but I am not sure about that.

This is one of those stories that is going to run for a while!

Sedo are going to have a few problems to sort out I would guess!

22nd January 2007, 12:01 AM
Record 1 out of 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
( Use the "Back" button of the Internet Browser to return to TESS)
Word Mark MARKETIVA
Goods and Services IC 036. US 100 101 102. G & S: Currency exchange and advice. FIRST USE: 20050626. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20050626
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Design Search Code
Serial Number 78663242
Filing Date July 2, 2005
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition March 28, 2006
Registration Number 3106646
Registration Date June 20, 2006
Owner (REGISTRANT) Marketiva Corporation CORPORATION BR.VIRGIN ISLANDS Main Street, Jipfa Building 3rd Floor Road Town BR.VIRGIN ISLANDS
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Fka200
22nd January 2007, 12:03 AM

I don't buy the multiple proxy argument. Anyone with a brain going for that kind of sting would keep it lower profile and keep running it. Not only that finding fools with $95K to spend is not as simple as it sounds.

Marketiva is definitely a trademark. It could be that the TM owner has bid just to block the deal until they can get the legal wheels in motion.

Most logical explanation to me, but it seems this might not end pretty. 4th largest .mobi sold = publicity = Marketiva WILL find out what's going on.

bwhhisc
22nd January 2007, 12:04 AM
Here is their TOS for their affiliates
http://www.marketiva.com/index.ncre?...iate-agreement

6. License Grant: Marketiva hereby grants to Affiliate a limited, non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-transferable, worldwide license, WITHOUT THE RIGHT to sublicense, to use, reproduce, publicly perform, distribute and display the Marketiva Brand Features at the Affiliate Site, solely as incorporated into the Affiliate Link(s) and solely in the form delivered by Marketiva.

7. Reservation of Rights: Marketiva reserves all rights other than those expressly granted in this Agreement, and no licenses are granted except as expressly set forth herein. Marketiva retains all right, title, and interest in and to the Marketiva Brand Features, Marketiva Trading Desk and the Marketiva Portal, together with all Intellectual Property Rights thereto.

(I put the bold on: WITHOUT THE RIGHT as this paragraph may pertain to issues 'under discussion')

touchring
22nd January 2007, 12:07 AM

So, you believe that this auction is real? Do you really believe that corporations care about dot mobi?

How about investing some money in Satellite phone companies? They are suppose to take over the GSM networks.

bwhhisc
22nd January 2007, 12:21 AM
So, you believe that this auction is real? Do you really believe that corporations care about dot mobi?

How about investing some money in Satellite phone companies? They are suppose to take over the GSM networks.

I think either the company, or one of their "affiliates" bought it.
They are huge in scope and do business worldwide. This is from the homepage of their website at marketiva.com:

What is Marketiva?
With more than 180,000 serviced users, 110,000 unique and live Forex trading accounts, and 2.4 million live orders executed each month, Marketiva is one of the most popular Forex (Foreign Exchange) dealers in the world.

Edwin
22nd January 2007, 01:51 AM
If it was bought by the company, it's probably the equivalent of a few minutes worth of earnings for them, with those customer numbers!

Rubber Duck
22nd January 2007, 08:46 AM
If it was bought by the company, it's probably the equivalent of a few minutes worth of earnings for them, with those customer numbers!

I don't doubt their wealth it is their sense of humour that would bother me. They seem have a good record of protecting the Marks.