PDA

View Full Version : Social.com - requesting appraisal

BlueSkies
24th January 2007, 03:24 AM
I'd like to get some appraisals from the members of this forum on the name
Social.com

This is the 6 letter dictionary word.

Some history on the name:

I registered the name in 1995. In that year, I was using the name for a web site I called the Social Cafe. The Social Cafe was Cool Site of the Day (http://www.coolsiteoftheday.com/cgi-bin/stillcool.pl) on Jun 22, 1995 :)

In October of 2006 the name was out of my possession for a couple weeks until my Registrar at the time, Namesecure, was able to recover it. It is now at Moniker and I intend to put it up for auction in early 2007.

Your kind opinoins are appreciated!

- BlueSkies

joeyskip
24th January 2007, 11:59 PM
$752,632.48

idn
25th January 2007, 12:09 AM
Come on, you already know it has tremendous value, you do not need us IDNers telling you! :)

Fka200
25th January 2007, 12:18 AM
i agree with everyone at np, mid xxx,xxx. i'm looking forward to seeing how much its going to fetch, wasn't it going to auction or something? ;)

Goodluck!

xxbossmanxx
25th January 2007, 01:24 AM
With social networking going crazy online I would have to ask for a cool mill with all income taxes paid :) Bad ass name GL

thegenius1
25th January 2007, 02:19 AM
Reg FEE , and im willing to accommodate you with 12 years of reg fees if you just want to push the name now ?

blastfromthepast
25th January 2007, 02:45 AM
Reg FEE , and im willing to accommodate you with 12 years of reg fees if you just want to push the name now ?

BlueSkies came here with a serious appraisal request, :) save 'em jokes for the rest of em.

seamo
25th January 2007, 09:21 AM
IMO

You have two markets -

One that wants this name because it is a
6 letter dictionary word.

The other wants it because they have a product they absolutely need this domain to market it with.

I think your buyers will be the former rather than the latter - so less than $150,000 is my guess...and that is just a guess.

EDIT - $150,000? What was I thinking? This is a great name - you'll get a stack for it!

Good luck!

Rubber Duck
25th January 2007, 12:44 PM
Nice Name BlueSkies and really hot right now.

I have no idea what this would fetch, a lot of money no doubt.

The only advise I can give you is if you sell it and reinvest a quarter of it in good Generic Domains in either Japanese, Chinese, Russian or Arabic That quarter would be worth more in two years than any investment you could possibly make with the other three quarters.

IDN may not be everyone's thing, but everyone should be taking a serious look!

BlueSkies
24th February 2007, 02:19 AM
The only advise I can give you is if you sell it and reinvest a quarter of it in good Generic Domains in either Japanese, Chinese, Russian or Arabic That quarter would be worth more in two years than any investment you could possibly make with the other three quarters.

IDN may not be everyone's thing, but everyone should be taking a serious look!

Are there any estimates on what these kinds of IDN names might be worth in a few years (return on investment)?

- BlueSkies

rhys
24th February 2007, 07:35 AM
Sell it to Microsoft ala Zune campaign "welcome to the social..."

domainguru
24th February 2007, 10:11 AM
Are there any estimates on what these kinds of IDN names might be worth in a few years (return on investment)?

- BlueSkies

As many estimates as there are IDNers ....

IDNCowboy
24th February 2007, 03:38 PM

- BlueSkies
millions of dollars

BlueSkies
11th March 2007, 03:16 PM
The domain name Social.com will go on sale at Sedo starting March 21, 2007.

More details, including a link to the listing will be available at http://www.social.com on that date.

- BlueSkies

g
11th March 2007, 03:46 PM
I have few question blueskies that I am in bad need to know the answers and I would appreciate your help

how was the traffic and revenue in 1995 if any ? and how was the growth rate ?

and the history of overture results ?

how much people appraised the name for in 1995 ?

I would like to know more historical data about this premium name so I can make a guess about my IDNs after 10 years from now

thanks in advance and good luck with your sale

Regards,
Gee

BlueSkies
11th March 2007, 10:53 PM
I have few question blueskies that I am in bad need to know the answers and I would appreciate your help

how was the traffic and revenue in 1995 if any ? and how was the growth rate ?

and the history of overture results ?

how much people appraised the name for in 1995 ?

I would like to know more historical data about this premium name so I can make a guess about my IDNs after 10 years from now

I registered the name in 1995. There was no appraisal done in 1995 (first serious attempt to appraise was a couple months ago). I've never made a good attempt to develop the name, so the traffic and revenue information is not relevant.

I didn't know anything about overture until a few months ago.

Sorry that I can't be of any help.

- BlueSkies

blastfromthepast
11th March 2007, 11:25 PM
With a name like this, you could be making very good money, much more than if you sell, if you only got it developed.

seamo
11th March 2007, 11:28 PM
With a name like this, you could be making very good money, much more than if you sell, if you only got it developed.
Yes - unless you were absolutely desperate for the $$$, or you had another 3 or 4 like this, I'd be reticent to sell.

Every year you hold it is only going to increase it's value.

You thought of setting a site up with it?

blastfromthepast
11th March 2007, 11:40 PM
Remember, every time you put up nothing or a site like germany.com on a good domain, you are turning away potential customers worth thousands a day.

maverick123
15th March 2007, 04:59 PM
Good Luck with the sale.........:)

xxbossmanxx
15th March 2007, 05:10 PM
Sell it baby. The time is right.